AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

AEW needs to slow down on the signings man. Nese is a great wrestler, but did they really need him ? There roster is already filled to the brim with great wrestlers. He’s not going to be in a better spot than he was in WWE. 

and how are you gonna sign him but not Murphy ? Lmao. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Bushy. said:

AEW needs to slow down on the signings man. Nese is a great wrestler, but did they really need him ? There roster is already filled to the brim with great wrestlers. He’s not going to be in a better spot than he was in WWE. 

and how are you gonna sign him but not Murphy ? Lmao. 

Agreed on Nese. Good worker but overall unexciting wrestler. Doesn't bring a whole lot of value.

Guest Fight Me.

So I know the Good Brothers are gone now due to the AEW-Impact partnership ending, but what about Don Callis? He lost his EVP gig so he can strictly be on-screen talent as Omega's guy, but I'm not even sure if he's signed with AEW, is he? It's crazy, I didn't even notice he wasn't there tonight lol

Guest Fight Me.

Didn't notice til someone pointed out Omega was reluctant to tag Cole in. Then later in the match, he was gonna go for the Camel Clutch spot so the Bucks could kiss him instead but Cole told him to go deal with the others. It begins...The Elite Civil War part 269.

I came here just to say Poor Adam Cole. Poor thing. :( Why would they do that to him? Lol Sike. The outrage on Twitter is so silly. People like, he’s been buried already and he looks goofy and etc. I’m not even the biggest AEW watcher or fan but seeing these people on Twitter having meltdowns and shit is funny so I had to come in here and express my love for the match and ending. 

Bro, face Punk sucks. That line he delivered to Kingston just didn't sound convincing. Like i don't know if Punk isn't feeling 100% confident in himself but he sounds *censored*ing lame. Its not just that promo either, his "are you tired of me yet" bit sucks. 

Im also having a hard time enjoying Danielson. Knowing what we know about CTE and the issues hes had i can't get into his matches where hes taking insane headshots. 

On reddit someone pointed out that Dave Meltzer have rated 101 dynamite matches from AEW 4 stars or higher so far..

With this weeks show being the 108th show, it means that close to every Dynamite show has had at least 1 match rated 4 stars or more..

That's insanely generous of Meltzer...

The Acclaimed's Max Caster and Anthony Bowens have formally challenged Tony Khan to a match at AEW's Full Gear pay-per-view on 13 November.

Caster tweeted out the challenge following a post-show segment from this past weekend's episode of Dynamite. There, Khan sent out CM Punk and others to deal with the heel tag-team once the cameras had stopped rolling.

That led to the tag match tease.

The Acclaimed vs. Khan and CM Punk sounds like something from a fever dream. Could it actually happen, or is Caster just playing around with fans? Some replies on Twitter claimed that it's only a matter of time before Tony pulls on some boots for a match in AEW anyway.

Others...well, others think it'd be a huge mistake for Khan to put himself in the spotlight like so many other wrestling authority figures have done over the years.

Of course, there is a chance that The Acclaimed are just mucking about and free-styling on social media. If so, then a laugh's a laugh, but some are already taking it seriously. 2021 could be about to get even weirder.

Sourced from WrestleTalk.

11 hours ago, glennsoe said:

On reddit someone pointed out that Dave Meltzer have rated 101 dynamite matches from AEW 4 stars or higher so far..

With this weeks show being the 108th show, it means that close to every Dynamite show has had at least 1 match rated 4 stars or more..

That's insanely generous of Meltzer...

Maybe, just maybe that has to do with the Roster of AEW being full of some of the best wrestling talent in the world that isnt forced water down their talent.

It is a strange concept but if you let Good Wrestlers do what they do best, well thats quite fantastic.

But even so, whats the big deal.
So he likes the Wrestling AEW puts out more...cant blame him on that.

Edited by Mani-Man

2 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Maybe, just maybe that has to do with the Roster of AEW being full of some of the best wrestling talent in the world that isnt forced water down their talent.

It is a strange concept but if you let Good Wrestlers do what they do best, well thats quite fantastic.

But even so, whats the big deal.
So he likes the Wrestling AEW puts out more...cant blame him on that.

Because it kind of shows bias when you think about it since he's best friends with the vice presidents and a majority of the people in the show

Especially since no one can define what makes a wrestler good

1 hour ago, Austin3035 said:

Because it kind of shows bias when you think about it since he's best friends with the vice presidents and a majority of the people in the show

Especially since no one can define what makes a wrestler good

The man created the star ratings based on what he thinks are good matches etc...why is it suddenly a problem when he thinks AEW matches are so good?

People on one hand act like "its just his opinion no worries" but then have this upset "oh he is biased because he is friends with this and that" kind of thing going.

I mean isnt it biased if he doesnt like Raws 2 minute womens matches but gives them 4 stars despite not liking them?
What is it that people want from him? That he just gives the WWE more 4 stars match ratings? Why? Just because its wwe?
Doesnt he give the good wwe matches good ratings? 

Is it his fault when WWE creates content he isnt really into and rates it accordingly?
So AEW produces matches more to his liking...so?

I just dont get it...no matter what this man does, he is called Biased either way.
One day he is best buddies with AEW, then he is on the pay roll for WWE, then he has a boner for NJPW etc.

When it comes to Meltzer, people are all over the place with him.

Everyone has a bias. So I don’t see anything wrong with people recognizing Meltzer’s bias. He likes fast-paced, hard-hitting wrestling influenced by Lucha and Japanese wrestling styles, which AEW delivers more than WWE does. It’s also worth noting that AEW has a bigger collection of wrestlers who have a greater personal connection/relationship with him and is this same group who have also grown up with Meltzer and they, unlike the other group, recognize and appreciate his work which I’m sure is nice for Meltzer’s ego. So all as long as this is acknowledged, then it’s fine. What is not fine is Meltzer and his admirers assert their taste for wrestling is more “evolved” (therefore superior) and act as if wrestling is objectively better now than the past and if you don’t follow that line-of-thinking, you’re out-of-date and you live for nostalgia. I don’t find that accurate and I think it’s a bit of a dim-witted view on art in general, frankly.