AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really not sure who the masked attackers could be that would actually make sense. Only thing I came up with is The Righteous, Alan Angels, and Edge...but that would also feel like too much of a rehash of Judgement Day. But...on the other hand, Edge wearing all white suits and leading another stable does appeal to me. 

Edge coming to AEW came at me by surprise. The way he ended WWE with that final match really felt like he was officially retiring from wrestling all together. I watched Edge's WWE Biography on TV a few nights ago and his humble down to earth nature warmed my heart.

I wish Edge the best in AEW but I really did believe that his goodbye in WWE was him throwing in the towel. I see Edge as one of those wrestlers who's injuries were taking a toll over the years and that maybe Edge was ready to official retire and be with his family.

1 hour ago, StillDriven said:

Edge coming to AEW came at me by surprise. The way he ended WWE with that final match really felt like he was officially retiring from wrestling all together. I watched Edge's WWE Biography on TV a few nights ago and his humble down to earth nature warmed my heart.

I wish Edge the best in AEW but I really did believe that his goodbye in WWE was him throwing in the towel. I see Edge as one of those wrestlers who's injuries were taking a toll over the years and that maybe Edge was ready to official retire and be with his family.

Well, nothing is official yet.

But rumor has it.

3 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

MJF spoke the absolute truth about Jay White. MJF humbled him and made him look like a little boy.

Thought the complete opposite, honestly.

Gave MJF's promo about a 6/10 and thought it was the same old shit he always says. Really thought Jay White delivered there with a 10/10 promo and sold the entire feud that would otherwise be dead in the water. - Never been a fan of the promo style that attempts to genuinely bury an actual talent...especially when AEW needs all the help it can get in the star power department. Jay White was a huge get for AEW, and it's hardly his fault that they squandered his value for a number of months.

This is the first real attempt at putting him over as a main event guy, and MJF flew a bit too close to the sun with burying him for what seemed like no reason. It felt more like Max was desperate to prove something about his own worth, and less of anything to do with Jay. Just felt like a very cliche "you aren't the star you claim to be" promo from a guy who is gatekeeping that very position. Not a fan. And it really did feel like Jay took it all in stride and fired back with exactly what he needed to say. 

Been tired of MJF's routine for months...was never fully sold on him as world champion to begin with. Really hoping Jay White beats him for the title soon. Or anyone does, for that matter. Well...not "anyone". (He's definitely better than someone like Jericho or one of the Young Bucks). But, there are still a number of people I'd rather have. MJF hasn't evolved a single bit since his days in MLW. He is the same exact guy...and it's just not doing anything for me. The routine is old.

Edited by Generations

11 hours ago, Generations said:

Never been a fan of the promo style that attempts to genuinely bury an actual talent...especially when AEW needs all the help it can get in the star power department.

Me neither except when it’s against someone who I don’t think is very good and shouldn’t be in the position that they’re at. In that case, speak the absolute truth and bury their ass. I don’t mind.

So did Edge help Sting or is he heel? I know nothing about his debut — just watching that clip above where it looks like Sting has apparently been beaten down and Edge is seemingly there to make the save but instead of being swift and urgent about it, Edge takes his sweet ass time doing his full entrance, pyro and all.

So again, is he heel or babyface?