AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

I bet Bryan is mentally preparing himself right now to job to Jericho tonight. All the best to him.

It’s good Wardlow is getting time but being in tag matches against jobbers no one cares about is not what he should be doing…

Did Joe earn the pin in their last tag match, too?

Nice that FTR still gets a big reaction despite their booking. Flat segment, though.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, EJ! said:

i was halfway expecting Garcia to turn on Bryan because that segment last week felt like a VERY anticlimactic way to turn Garcia after weeks of buildup. 

ah there ya go

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Bryan was booked far better in WWE.

Another feud won by Jericho.

Sucks Bryan probably has to feud with Garcia now. Wouldn’t surprise me if he loses that feud, too.

Yeah,how do you mess up Brian Danielson

Booker of the year...nuff said

That was an awesome Dynamite. I was so underwhelmed last two weeks but this show delivered.

Luchasaurus vs JB was way better than I expected it to be. I'm in on monster heel Dinosaur. JB losing doesn't bother me much either since his win over Cage is coming. Both guys came out looking really good me thinks.

Danielson vs Jericho was really good. Jericho is slowing down and all but Danielson gets the best out of him. Don't think anyone expected Danielson to win (not should he have, given Jericho just got the belt), so kinda glad this one got a shifty finish. Didn't expect Garcia to turn like this either, but I kinda like that he's seemingly going lone-wolf. He doesn't need to be in either faction really. 

Hangman is so good man. The true heart & soul of AEW. I know it won't happen, but I'd so love to see him decapitate Moxley next week and get that gold back.

Acclaimed can do no wrong. One of my favorite acts in wrestling atm, Daddy Ass included. And Swerve is so damn good. Top contender to take the TNT or All Atlantic belt next IMO, him or Starks.

Twitter Nyla leaking into Dynamite is a great thing.

PERFECT 10! That got a pop out of me. Didn't really pay attention to the WarJoe match or much of the promo other than FTR's pop.

Hayter being over AND Shida getting a win/getting crowd support back? Win/win.

Orange!! I love PAC, but this was dope. The OC/PAC rivalry dates back to the beginning of AEW, OC winning his first title from PAC just makes sense. Best Friends next plz?

10 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

That was an awesome Dynamite. I was so underwhelmed last two weeks but this show delivered.

Luchasaurus vs JB was way better than I expected it to be. I'm in on monster heel Dinosaur. JB losing doesn't bother me much either since his win over Cage is coming. Both guys came out looking really good me thinks.

Danielson vs Jericho was really good. Jericho is slowing down and all but Danielson gets the best out of him. Don't think anyone expected Danielson to win (not should he have, given Jericho just got the belt), so kinda glad this one got a shifty finish. Didn't expect Garcia to turn like this either, but I kinda like that he's seemingly going lone-wolf. He doesn't need to be in either faction really. 

Hangman is so good man. The true heart & soul of AEW. I know it won't happen, but I'd so love to see him decapitate Moxley next week and get that gold back.

Acclaimed can do no wrong. One of my favorite acts in wrestling atm, Daddy Ass included. And Swerve is so damn good. Top contender to take the TNT or All Atlantic belt next IMO, him or Starks.

Twitter Nyla leaking into Dynamite is a great thing.

PERFECT 10! That got a pop out of me. Didn't really pay attention to the WarJoe match or much of the promo other than FTR's pop.

Hayter being over AND Shida getting a win/getting crowd support back? Win/win.

Orange!! I love PAC, but this was dope. The OC/PAC rivalry dates back to the beginning of AEW, OC winning his first title from PAC just makes sense. Best Friends next plz?

agree with pretty much all of this except the Daniel Garcia part. if that’s what they wanna do with him then i’m all for it, but him costing Bryan the match and then embracing the JAS right after doesn’t point to that. i think they kinda sacrificed the intrigue for him after last night. like if they’re gonna do this again with him and Jericho later i won’t be as interested. hopefully TK eventually learns how to stop killing momentum.

3 minutes ago, EJ! said:

agree with pretty much all of this except the Daniel Garcia part. if that’s what they wanna do with him then i’m all for it, but him costing Bryan the match and then embracing the JAS right after doesn’t point to that. i think they kinda sacrificed the intrigue for him after last night. like if they’re gonna do this again with him and Jericho later i won’t be as interested. hopefully TK eventually learns how to stop killing momentum.

Wait did he embrace JAS after? Did I miss that? The last shot I remember was him just staring at everyone all pissed off, like a kid whose sick of his divorced parents fighting over him. 

Just now, Counting Lights said:

Wait did he embrace JAS after? Did I miss that? The last shot I remember was him just staring at everyone all pissed off, like a kid whose sick of his divorced parents fighting over him. 

yeah him and Jericho tapped belts like FTR does and they had a group hug. then the BCC came out and ran them all off together. he’s likely facing Yuta again

Just now, EJ! said:

yeah him and Jericho tapped belts like FTR does and they had a group hug. then the BCC came out and ran them all off together. he’s likely facing Yuta again

Damn, I completely missed that. Probably went to grab dinner thinking the segment was over lmao.

Yeah ok, that's dumb. Very dumb. I actually think this leads to a triple turn where he decides he can only get to Jericho from the inside, which at this stage in the story is way too convoluted and just messy.

The Garcia thing is dumb. They missed their shot. They did the same thing with Hayter as well. When they finally do pull the trigger, it'll feel delayed and would most likely not have the same impact. Thankfully for me, none of this matters because I don't care for Garcia, the JAS, and the BCC, so it's not something that I feel strongly about. It's just head-scratching booking.

Found on Facebook of all places

FTR bested the Gates of Agony with their ROH Tag Team gold on the line.

Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the bout was the lowest rated AEW TV match ever. Meltzer noted:

“Boy did that match not draw, that (Gates of Agony vs) FTR match. It was the lowest rated match in the history of AEW television.”