AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

The quality of the show can only stand to improve with him on it. It's been pretty shocking for a considerable amount of time. Its a shame they all couldn't be big boys and do business but oh well. Glad he's coming back.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

The quality of the show can only stand to improve with him on it. It's been pretty shocking for a considerable amount of time. Its a shame they all couldn't be big boys and do business but oh well. Glad he's coming back.

I’ll definitely be tuning in more regularly now. I’m excited to see what’s cooking! 

The AEW women's division in-general is a disaster. 

It's pretty telling when the TBS title was held by someone as green as Jade, and yet...that is a WAY more credible title at this point than the main women's title is. And it isn't even like AEW has a bad women's roster, which is the crazy thing. They have solid talents to work with...but the booking is the shits. (I mean...the booking is pretty awful across the board in AEW...both with men and women)...so I guess it isn't fair to just say the problem is with the women. But, it is a problem, nonetheless. 

Also, Baker has really fallen a long distance with her "I'm just happy to see someone else with the title" routine. Like...I get being a babyface and supporting your friends. But, that whole angle with Hayter felt awkward from start to finish for me. Especially with some of the backstage comments about Thunder Rosa that were recorded for the documentary series. 

I really do miss when you could believe that wrestlers were there to win championships and not just to put on a show and pat their friends on the back. I think AEW needs to do a much better job with that kind of thing.

I agree, a decent chunk of AEW talent reeks of 'I'm just happy to be having fun being wrestler with my friends' instead of you know, actually getting over and doing good business. Add to that Tony Khans booking, which is the drizzling sh**s and you have a hard time caring about anything really.

Edited by Kman

*Cough* Jungle Boy. *cough*

Usually the guys who take this shit seriously and have an idea what makes for good pro-wrestling tend to be the guys I gravitate towards. The ones who ass off and are more concern about getting their shit in usually deliver poor, empty content that doesn’t mean anything.

Really not looking forward to AEW’s programming being spent on building Forbidden Door for the next few weeks. I don’t care about “dream matches” and “bangers.” Many of these guys won’t be here after the PPV anyway, so little of this will ultimately matter much. At least there’s Collision this year, so hopefully that show won’t be derailed by this crap.

There are ppl who actually think OC has a brilliant mind for wrestling. This match exemplifies yet again why he does not. He has no clue on how and when to end a match. Absolutely no clue. Terrible wrestler.

Jericho, Tony, and Cole himself failed to get Cole ready for MJF.

Why is Joe randomly paired with BCG for this Collision match?

Hopefully they give Joe some promo time to smooth things out at least.

I hope Nigel will do the color commentary on Collision.

Statlander without the alien gimmick is such a big improvement.

Get in the *censored*ing ring! Wtf?!?

Ok, who produced this match? This is beyond ridiculous. How can they allow this shit?

I will say...I feel pretty good about Gunn Club being added to Bullet Club Gold. - Not only does it make sense based on the name association and the gimmick that goes with that...but, I will give the Gunns credit for actually becoming a decent team. They put the work in and have improved a lot. Could be a fun run for them if AEW doesn't book it like absolute garbage. - Also think Toni Storm should leave the pointless stable she's currently in, and shack up with Juice in BCG...because heels who have the hot chick obnoxiously supporting them are always a big hit.

Also...I think this has potential to be the best that the Bullet Club has looked in a long time. - I don't think NJPW has done a good job handling the name at all. - The OC and Judgement Day in WWE, I do consider to be part of Bullet Club extended family. And Bullet Club Gold goes alongside with them for a truly impressive current lineup when all things are considered.

Also, heel Hangman...that would be an ideal lineup for me.

• 'The Switchblade' Jey White
  • 'The Hangman' Adam Page
  • 'The Gunns' Austin and Colten
  • 'The Wildcard' Juice Robinson
  • 'The Storm' Toni Storm

One of those stables that could feasibly hold all the gold at once. - Even if they want to keep the AEW title on MJF for a while longer, they could put some of the RoH belts on them. Gunns with the RoH tag belts. Jey as RoH world champion. Toni as AEW women's champion. Hangman as TNT champion...Juice with a secondary title like ROH television or AEW International. - Not saying they would or should have all those belts at the same time. Just saying, it's a solid stable where they could potentially do that. 

Edited by Generations

17 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Genuine question: how is Jay White still associated with Bullet Club? I thought they kicked him out?

Eh...I think it's just kind of an unspoken thing with past Bullet Club members to make their own spin-off groups. Also, maybe because Juice is still in Bullet Club, he "reinitiated" Jey? I don't know. But, yeah...the simple answer is just that everyone is "Bullet Club 4 Life"...so they carry that with them whether they've been kicked out or not, IMO.

Guys like Finn, Styles, and the Good Brothers are considered Bullet Club aligned, despite the years and years away from the parent faction. (It's just something that stays with former members). - I kinda have similar feelings about Billy Gunn. Like...he still feels like a DX member, which makes Acclaimed feel kinda like DX Jr. by association. Just how I feel about things, personally...people don't need to agree with me, but I have my personal head-cannon when it comes to the branches of the faction tree. 

I think the Bullet Club format borrows a lot from the Yakuza lifestyle. Like...a Yakuza member can dishonor their faction, have fingers cut off, be excommunicated, etc...but they are still a Yakuza at the end of the day, and they can go on to build their own stable from the ground up. Being kicked out of one family is not necessarily the end of your tenure in that role. - You're not good enough for the main family...but you still have the tattoos, the kill count, the clout. You still carry that with you to the next place you go. 

Edited by Generations

Yeah but unlike those other spin-off groups, Jay’s group uses Bullet Club branding. So it makes his group seem more associated with the original group, which would be ok I guess if there was some civil war like say NWO Wolfpack, but there wasn’t as far as I’m aware. He was kicked out. That stayed that way for some time. And then when he joined AEW suddenly this new Bullet Club Gold group explicably appears. I don’t get the genesis of this group. It seems random to me.