AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

I mean...I don't hate that idea, honestly. 

Punk will need to work with someone he is familiar with, and trusts. Even though Kenny, Hangman and the Bucks make the most sense from a storyline perspective, it probably wouldn't be wise to try to make anything happen between those parties right off the bat. Punk vs Jericho might be kinda "meh" from a matchmaking perspective...but, it would allow for a cooling off period of having Punk back in the locker room without any pressure to make things happen right away.

Also...maybe he could like...retire Jericho or something. Lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this ends up being true, I hope this program at least brings out Jericho’s best qualities. So please no JAS clownery. Just a raw, personal grudge between two men.

But yeah, it’s funny (and unsurprising) that Jericho is leeching off Punk’s popularity. Let’s hope it doesn’t bring Punk down like it has for so many others.

Amazing 😅

I might actually start watching again instead of catching clips on YouTube. Genuinely intrigued to see how Collision will turn out. AEW has always kinda been split with the rasslers on one side and the pwg crowd on the other.  The potential brand split is only a positive as far as om concerned. 

Edited by Kman

When will the Booker of the year understand that work-shot Angles seldom work..

Britt desperatly saying "austin" when Cole was hand cuffed was cringeworthy at best..

Edited by glennsoe

On 4/21/2023 at 12:42 PM, Kman said:

Amazing 😅

I might actually start watching again instead of catching clips on YouTube. Genuinely intrigued to see how Collision will turn out. AEW has always kinda been split with the rasslers on one side and the pwg crowd on the other.  The potential brand split is only a positive as far as om concerned. 

Man, if the roster splits into Punk camp on Collision and Elite camp on Dynamite, there’s a chance I might stop watching Dynamite completely. If Dynamite’s roster is guys like Dark Order, Best Friends, OC, Young Bucks, Omega, Jungle Boy, Brian Cage, et al. then I’m out. lol There’s no reason to watch that show at all.

15 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

When will the Booker of the year understand that work-shot Angeles seldom work..

Britt desperatly saying "austin" when Cole was hand cuffed was cringeworthy at best..

Yeah. That was cheesy and took me out of the moment. Wouldn’t surprise me if Jericho came up with that idea.

Regarding the upcomming brand Split, but dividing the roster in half (in theory) TK has solved NONE of the problems with the 2 camps.

And that just shows us that TK is ONLY a mark and a collector of talents and not a good business man or even an average booker...

I fear for aew's future now more than ever..

Getting eyes from a perspective buyer...or drawing corporate attention, or whatever, isn't really a "draw". - It's great that WB wanted Punk so badly in order to feel cozy about the Saturday deal...but, that isn't the same as a "draw". (I mean...the Saudis wanted Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior or whatever. They wanted literal dead people). I respect that Punk is seen as an important player in deals and viewed as someone who can help generate buzz within AEW. But, I'm still not sure that the number of viewers is going to skyrocket if he comes back. For a few months? Probably. Long term? I have my doubts. 

He'll be an immediate draw for the people who want to see how the Elite drama pans out. And when they see that the drama there has been squashed or passed right over, they'll go back to not really caring one way or the other.

Especially if Punk is feuding with Jericho out of the gate. Asses in seats? I doubt that. It's 2023. Nobody is itching for that feud.

Edited by Generations

Remember when FTR was super over around this time last year and AEW did nothing to capitalize on that?

wtf JJ?!? Why’d he use a chair right in front of the ref like that? Yeah the refs have 0 authority and tons of lesser wrestlers do it all the time, but he should know better…

Still mostly enjoyable match.

Wheres Adam Cole? Shouldn’t he be cutting Tony’s promo? :D

Ref just watched a guy go through a table. I hate that it’s not a DQ.

Darby totally no sold that table spot, too. What an awful match.

Ugh. So the title match will be a four-way after all? Yuck. The booking is soooo bad.

Huh. So Strong was let go.

Strong, make sure you get on Collision.

I"ll say it, the BCC are incredibly lame and Moxley might be the worst of the bunch.

Everything he does is so unbelievably cringe. The tough guy persona doesn't wash with me and his offense looks shoddy to boot. How he won wrestler of the year is beyond me, what makes it worse is ge clearly has influence over the locker room. I'm worried his garbage style will become more common place. 

Ps. Hammer and anvil elbows are the WORST. Can every wrrstler in the company stop doing them please.