AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Match ran short on time and the finish was rushed. But...glad to have FTR back as champs.

The Wembley announcement is big, and AEW has a LOT of work to do in the coming months to make that card as good as it can be. Definitely some shifts that need to take place, and some STORY TELLING that needs to be done in a meaningful way before then.

Also, it sounds like AEW is officially naming ALL IN their version of Wrestlemania with this announcement.

Edited by Generations

Tk better get on his knees and kiss some serious backside and he also needs to tell his whole locker room some new rules of no nonsense no exceptions no talking to the sheets rundown..

Or else the drama continues...

Edited by glennsoe

AEW just REALLY needs an actual booker with actual story progression.

As it turns out...when you "let the wrestlers write their own stories"...all you end up with is everyone going to the ring for "real talk" and chopping down their competition with cheap shots and personal slights. It isn't very entertaining, and it damn sure isn't good for business. Give us some shit to care about. 

Also, stop trying, trying, and trying again to put over guys who just aren't over and never will be. They keep intentionally putting great performers like Starks and Hook in these pointless angles with jokers like Nightmare Factory or whatever the hell Stokely's faction is called (I legit can't remember). Just quit with that shit. Especially when it comes to Hook...the guy is a loner, and this is like the third or fourth time that they've stuck him with a stable for no reason.

Edited by Generations

Right...Hobbs is a prime example. 

Someone is over...so instead of capitalizing on that...they use that person to try to push other people who are NOT over. You can't just generate a rub like that. That isn't how it works. Now they've killed any momentum that people like Starks or Hook or Hobbs actually had...because nobody cares about the people they are involved with.

Cut the fat entirely. If there are people who have not gotten over after multiple failed attempts...cut them loose. Stop wasting time on them. Put the people who are doing good things in segments together. Let them flourish like they deserve to.

Very similar shit with House of Black. Should be booked as an unstoppable force...but, nearly lost clean to Best Friends and Orange Cassidy. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Edited by Generations

I really don't know how I feel about where the numbers will land.

On the one hand...it's pretty rare for wrestling to come to the UK in such a huge way. - It's possible that people will turn out in record numbers just because it's such an unheard of thing. And if that's the case...then, yeah...I guess 90k is not nearly as much as it sounds like it is. Basically, like I said before...AEW is trying to make a move and make this the equivalent of their Wrestlemania debut. If people are feeling that energy...then it might just work.

And I still don't think Phil is needed. 

If anything, I think a crowd could be drawn easier with some cross-promotional stuff. (Hopefully Tony is busting his ass to get deals with other companies). We need matches with people like Okada, Zack Sabre, Mercedes Mone, etc. - Hopefully some serious thought is also going into set-production. 

Do a ladder match for the International title. 5 or 6 man. Have Pac surprise return to win it. As much as I'd love to see Cassidy lose the title clean, I doubt it will happen. A ladder match means he can "lose without losing". 

Lastly...one huge signing would land big points here: Nick Aldis.

Put Nick Aldis in the main event. Hell...let him beat MJF for the title.

Edited by Generations

If I was fantasy booking this whole show, based solely on what I'd actually want to see...

• MJF vs Nick Aldis [AEW World Title]
  • Zack Sabre Jr. w/William Regal vs Bryan Danielson [Submission Match]
  • Saraya vs Jamie Hayter [AEW Womens Title]
  • Shibata vs Davey Boy Smith Jr [ROH Pure Title]
  • Jay White vs Ricky Starks [Number One Contender's Match]
  • Kenny Omega vs CM Punk [IWGP US Title]
  • FTR vs Lucha Bros vs Gunn Clubb vs Claudio and Mox [AEW Tag Titles/Street Fight]
  • House of Black vs United Empire [Trios Titles]
  • Jade Cargill vs Mercedes Moné [TBS Title]
  • Hobbs vs Wardlow vs Archer [TNT Title]

Drew McIntyre closes the show by debuting and challenging Nick Aldis after he wins the title.

Yeah...that's my dream scenario that will never happen. Lol

Edited by Generations

2 hours ago, Generations said:

I really don't know how I feel about where the numbers will land.

On the one hand...it's pretty rare for wrestling to come to the UK in such a huge way. - It's possible that people will turn out in record numbers just because it's such an unheard of thing. And if that's the case...then, yeah...I guess 90k is not nearly as much as it sounds like it is. Basically, like I said before...AEW is trying to make a move and make this the equivalent of their Wrestlemania debut. If people are feeling that energy...then it might just work.

And I still don't think Phil is needed. 

If anything, I think a crowd could be drawn easier with some cross-promotional stuff. (Hopefully Tony is busting his ass to get deals with other companies). We need matches with people like Okada, Zack Sabre, Mercedes Mone, etc. - Hopefully some serious thought is also going into set-production. 

Do a ladder match for the International title. 5 or 6 man. Have Pac surprise return to win it. As much as I'd love to see Cassidy lose the title clean, I doubt it will happen. A ladder match means he can "lose without losing". 

Lastly...one huge signing would land big points here: Nick Aldis.

Put Nick Aldis in the main event. Hell...let him beat MJF for the title.

Yo exactly how high are you?

He might be World Champ material but a good majority of the wrestling community don't really follow him to get that big draw. Think you might have to go really wild with Okada challenging for the belt or maybe even Jay White since hes not too far off his NJPW run. Either him or Drew but with Drew you might have to be willing to have MJF lose.

• 2 weeks later...