AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This vignette is why Black shouldn't be spearheading his creative. Soooooo corny and overly dramatic.

I wish Wardlow wasn't involved in this ROH Embassy shit

Alright, now that's something. Hobbs just attacked Wardlow after I made that last comment. lol

This episode of Dynamite felt like they threw a bunch of shit at the wall and very little... stuck.

I have never cared about Cabana, and I will continue to not care about Cabana. Guy just isn't anything to me. 

And I will definitely agree that having Colt as the surprise opponent for Jericho felt like a jab at Punk, which seems...dumb and unnecessary. - Even with everything I've said against Punk, it was just a stupid decision to do this in the midst of everything. The payoff was barely anything, and the backlash is more drama. 

30 minutes ago, Generations said:

I have never cared about Cabana, and I will continue to not care about Cabana. Guy just isn't anything to me. 

And I will definitely agree that having Colt as the surprise opponent for Jericho felt like a jab at Punk, which seems...dumb and unnecessary. - Even with everything I've said against Punk, it was just a stupid decision to do this in the midst of everything. The payoff was barely anything, and the backlash is more drama. 

Perfectly sums up how I feel..

I’ve always known Cabana was an Indy legend. Hell, in my early days as IWC smark I popped when he joined WWE as Scotty Goldman without even seeing his work, only based on his reputation. 

But actually watching him? Yeah. Never did anything for me. 

14 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Groundbreaking pop. You’re right. 😂

I'm not saying it's a groundbreaking monster pop, but for Colt I'd say it was a nice, solid reaction. I genuinely have no opinion on Cabana outside of the Dark Order vignettes, I'm just saying the crowd reacted positively and saying they didn't is incorrect. 

There is not a single storyline that I’m interested in AEW right now. Not a single one. NXT is the same but their roster has much less talented workers. AEW has guys like Bryan Danielson, FTR, MJF, Ricky Starks, Samoa Joe, et al — and yet here we are where I have absolutely no interest in what they’re doing right now. It’s quite incredible that they managed to do that, but it’s no surprise considering that backstage environment and their leadership. Not surprising at all.

But hey, it’s cool because Tony got to pop the boys with Colt’s reappearance.

I still enjoy AEW but I big blow for me was how they handled Cole/Fish/O’Reilly especially Cole. Dude had so much momentum and they cared more about playing to a YouTube show from years ago that not everyone saw. Also hate all the ROH taking up time, there’s a difference between keeping the brand relevant until he revival and just plain overdoing it and it’s currently the latter. TK really should hire one or two people to book and then he is the filter because what he is doing is not working for me and I’m sure I’m not alone.

OC is the most overrated dude in any company in the current landscape of pro wrestling, tbh. He hasn't adapted or changed his character since day one in AEW...and his entire schtick got old after the first few months. Really sucks that Khan has a hard-on for him...because watching him get win after win over legit opponents is a travesty. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent (he does). But, he has the kind of gimmick that stands alone and has no need for a championship...and he doesn't belong anywhere near serious main-event level competitors. I basically feel the same about him as I do about Toru Yano. - Actually, I take that back...Yano is a thousand times more entertaining.

Edited by Generations

It’s unreal how much TV time this guy gets on consistent basis. He’s booked weekly on either Dynamite or Rampage and his matches tend to be at least 10 mins long. I think he’s one of the most selfish workers there is. He exemplifies the “Get My Shit In” indie mentality. Almost every match he’s in is competitive despite being booked in the undercard. I know fans of women’s wrestling and women wrestlers themselves harp on little TV time the women get in AEW. Well, you wanna know where that time goes? It goes to guys like OC. Take a look at his cagematch match page and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Guess how long his match with jobber Daivari was? 12 mins. His match with Jay Lethal? 12 mins. His match with Tony Nese? 15 mins. That’s right. 15 mins. Tell me that’s not crazy. 15 mins of some Rampage was dedicated to an undercard match. Time well spent, huh? You wanna know Wardlow’s 2nd longest singles-match to date this year? His random match against OC, an undercard talent. That match was 11 mins and it’s one of the worst matches this year for me.

So OC is a terrible, selfish worker as far I’m concerned and I think AEW would be better off not allowing this guy hog up so much time.