AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

7 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

Kinda surprised y'all are salty Jericho won. I love it. Claudio should be gunning for AEW titles anyway, while Jericho as RoH champ could be a fun little run.

Because Claudio took a loss from an old, past-his-peak man who rarely elevates his (younger) opponents. While I'm hopeful Claudio moves onto better things than being the belt holder for a non-existent promotion that I have 0 interest in, I doubt he'll get his win back from Jericho any time soon and that's what irks me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Credit:pwinsider 

AEW will air a live Dynamite on Tuesday 10/18 from Cincinnati going head to head with the WWE NXT go-home episode for the Halloween Havoc PPV.

Tony Khan announced at last night's NYC TV Taping that the winner of the Battle Royal that will air this Friday on Rampage will challenge the AEW Champion on that Tuesday Night episode.

17 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

Kinda surprised y'all are salty Jericho won. I love it. Claudio should be gunning for AEW titles anyway, while Jericho as RoH champ could be a fun little run.

Tag titles match confused me. Did Max botch that elbow drop or was he selling a knee injury? It got so weird after that spot. Psyched Acclaimed won but I'm still not sure what went down.

Athena with the Cubone gear was so sick.

Hayter reuniting with Britt sucks man. Just let my girl run solo ffs.

SARAYA! Wow, that's actually pretty huge. Really hope she stays safe. I heard the rumors and actually thought she'd debut as a manager for Hayter, being active is a huge shock to me.

Moxley again sucks man. Super lame. Hope MJF beats him asap.

Jericho keeps going over people alot. Like people shit on Cody for putting himself over when Jericho gone over younger talent WAY more.

3 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Jericho keeps going over people alot. Like people shit on Cody for putting himself over when Jericho gone over younger talent WAY more.

12 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Because Claudio took a loss from an old, past-his-peak man who rarely elevates his (younger) opponents. While I'm hopeful Claudio moves onto better things than being the belt holder for a non-existent promotion that I have 0 interest in, I doubt he'll get his win back from Jericho any time soon and that's what irks me.

But I mean that's the thing, I was hyped for Claudio in AEW and I think the RoH belt was ultimately weighing him down. He got the win, he got gold quick, cool, now let's move him to something more prominent. If they plan to get RoH a show of its own, Jericho carrying the belt into it and eventually dropping to the person they build RoH around makes all the sense in the world to me (especially given that will very probably be Daniel Garcia). Claudio heading there as champ would've been really bad for him long term.

Re: Jericho not putting people over... I do feel Jericho should've put over Eddie in their feud, but remember Jericho in 2013? Dude was losing to Ryback, Wyatt, etc to the point where folks were saying "beating Jericho means nothing". Jericho still puts people over in AEW, but he can't eat so many L's that his stock drops too. I don't agree with him going over every time that he has, but he beat Claudio hella dirty so I can deal.

You think the way he was booked in WWE was his choice? Not at all. Vince booked him in that role. Now he's in AEW where he has WAY more control over his direction and guess what? Jericho goes over.

Honestly, I'll be surprise if Jericho brings relevancy to that belt. It's like when Matt Hardy became ECW champion.

Y2j over Claudio?

Y2j looked every bit of his 51 years old in this match, he blow spots including his finish..

Claudio was pushed for 5 minutes, rarely seen at times and lost to a soon to be 52 year old. He lost his mojo quick in aew. 

Y2j as ROH Champion reminds me of Vince McMahon as ecw Champion.. 

It's that headscratching. 

12 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Also might be unpopular but AEW needs to actually do something with Paige. They keep loading the womens division with talent but fumbling the ball when it comes to booking. Khan knows how to book big surprises but has zero idea what to do with them after the initial pop.

i would hope this isn’t unpopular. TK either doesn’t know what to do or doesn’t give enough of a shit to do anything creative with the women’s division. the fact they had a thrown-together 4 way twice in less than a month and that they literally did the EXACT same fake Hayter turn twice in a week is hilarious. i think he just hopes their name value does enough to keep things interesting. maybe Saraya being here will inspire him to tell a story with some depth but i’m not holding my breath.

House Of Black are so damn cool, perfect cast of people, shame they didn’t have anything creative wise for them. It’s automatically a flop cause they aren’t dominating the roster. 

Sting is literally trying to die in the ring

Edited by TNFNS