AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

20 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Much like Arrow, hard to top the Deathstroke season so they probably just said *Censored* it lmao

came back to this bc i just read that shit is about to get cancelled lmao

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

I feel like its not even AEW its just Mox.

Brody King, Jericho at least twice recently (although last night may have been hard way), Garcia, Menard twice, Kingston, Yuta. Those are the ones that I can recall off the top of my head that have bled since DON.

I mean, I would argue that Brody King vs Darby was a match that called for blood, and a handful of those names bled during Blood & Guts which I think calls for it as well. My main issue really is with Mox doing it every single time he's in the ring, regardless if the match is worth it or not, and lowering its value for everyone around him. None of those names do it literally every single match and I don't think we'd be noticing it nearly as much if Moxley just chilled.

Bloody Mox officially jumped the shark when he bladed after that Slingblade from Tanahashi lmaooo

but i think the blood issue is part of a broader critique i have of AEW which is that they have a tough time making things feel special or important. like either they’re spamming things like blood and tournaments or they’re not letting moments breathe and rushing to the next thing. like the Undisputed Elite segment a couple weeks ago involved at least 4 of the company’s biggest stars and should’ve been a much more dramatic moment considering its implications but it was like in the middle of the show and we just moved right on from it. i don’t even remember the next segment lmao. i know it’s an in-ring focused show but if you gonna have drama then you gotta go all in on those moments. for as much shit as i gave Cody in AEW, he definitely did what he could to make things feel like they mattered even if those things were stupid a lot of the time lmao

2 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

I mean, I would argue that Brody King vs Darby was a match that called for blood, and a handful of those names bled during Blood & Guts which I think calls for it as well. My main issue really is with Mox doing it every single time he's in the ring, regardless if the match is worth it or not, and lowering its value for everyone around him. None of those names do it literally every single match and I don't think we'd be noticing it nearly as much if Moxley just chilled.

I wasn’t making any kind of judgement on each of those situations. I was just pointing out others who’ve bled in recent times because Lunchbox made it seem like Mox was the only one who had a fixation for blood.

The overuse of blood has been thing for some time now — maybe since AEW’s inception. Before Moxley, there was Cody. But yeah, Mox’s recent use of it has a reached a whole new level. For sure.

1 hour ago, EJ! said:

Bloody Mox officially jumped the shark when he bladed after that Slingblade from Tanahashi lmaooo

but i think the blood issue is part of a broader critique i have of AEW which is that they have a tough time making things feel special or important. like either they’re spamming things like blood and tournaments or they’re not letting moments breathe and rushing to the next thing. like the Undisputed Elite segment a couple weeks ago involved at least 4 of the company’s biggest stars and should’ve been a much more dramatic moment considering its implications but it was like in the middle of the show and we just moved right on from it. i don’t even remember the next segment lmao. i know it’s an in-ring focused show but if you gonna have drama then you gotta go all in on those moments. for as much shit as i gave Cody in AEW, he definitely did what he could to make things feel like they mattered even if those things were stupid a lot of the time lmao

I’ve been saying that for a while, but I constantly get pushback. Very little of AEW’s stuff has actual weight. The stuff that does tend to consistently involve Punk and before him, Cody, as you mentioned.

The upcoming House of the Dragon-branded show is obviously Turner. But I'm very doubtful that Quack by the Lake or Fighter Fest is Turner's doing. They had special-branded events like Fighter Fest prior to Turner's involvement. I would think they have these themed shows simply because Tony wants to make certain shows feel more special to draw more people in.