AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

Watched Dynamite a bit ago. Honestly...one of the best episodes, IMO. All big matches with no filler. Everything flowed really well. Fans were hot. I just enjoyed the whole thing. Plus, a lot of stuff that I've been waiting on for a long time. - Most notably Santana and Ortiz finally turning on Jericho officially, and Kingston coming out to re-establish LAX. Danielson vs Moriarty was insane. Everything was good. I was never bored or uninterested.

Edited by Generations

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

Impact No Surrender 👀

GoD is out and the Good Brothers are officially back in Bullet Club. Superkliq to follow suit?

Edited by Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

Rohit Raju debuting next to three random dudes and getting squashed by The Wingmen hurts my soul. AEW really have no respect for Impact talent and people wanna get hyped about Josh Alexander possibly coming in. Idk how Ethan Page made it out alive tbh.

On the subject of Ethan Page: I just feel that he's a very generic guy. Kinda feels like he fits where he is, IMO. I mean...AEW definitely misuses people. But someone like Page seems fine to me. Impact has always had a habit of making midcard guys into world champions with less than believable results (IMO) . Page just feels like Kip Sabian 2.0...and that seems like a perfectly believable spot for him. It doesn't speak any volume about his raw talent. But, he's a generic guy. 

On the other hand, I have a major gripe with the way they chose to use Danhausen. There really isn't any need to package him with the Best Friends. He would be a much more valuable asset doing his own weird thing. Immediately partnering him with other people kinda ruins the mystique he's supposed to have. I get it if they don't have time to book him in actual matches and still want to give him tv time...but, he'd be much better off just interacting with random people backstage or something, IMO. And for the love of god...do something between him and Britt Baker. The guy carries around a jar of teeth!

Both guys from The North are super talented, but AEW doesn’t need either. There’s simply not enough room to vault more guys into the main event scene right now. I legitimately have no idea how Gargano is gonna fit, even though matches with guys like Bryan, Omega etc are a dream. 

I don’t think I can handle another hour of wrestling a week, but AEW might as well expand Rampage to 2 hours and move the time slot. Make it more important like Dynamite with good strong storyline progression than just 3 matches and a few backstage segments. Also bring in the trios belts to give these factions something to fight over. 

Guest Fight Me.

Been begging for trios titles for a min.

Also, didn't Danhausen have a really nasty leg injury before signing? He might still be hurt, but just doesn't have to be on crutches anymore.

1 hour ago, Bushy. said:

Both guys from The North are super talented, but AEW doesn’t need either. There’s simply not enough room to vault more guys into the main event scene right now. I legitimately have no idea how Gargano is gonna fit, even though matches with guys like Bryan, Omega etc are a dream. 

I don’t think I can handle another hour of wrestling a week, but AEW might as well expand Rampage to 2 hours and move the time slot. Make it more important like Dynamite with good strong storyline progression than just 3 matches and a few backstage segments. Also bring in the trios belts to give these factions something to fight over. 

Think thats why your seeing Owens, Styles and Sami resign with WWE, theres just not enought room in AEW right now.

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

Think thats why your seeing Owens, Styles and Sami resign with WWE, theres just not enought room in AEW right now.

I think the only real flaw in this logic is that it ignores the "forbidden door". 

There might not be "room" in AEW...but there is plenty of room when you work NJPW, AAA, MLW, GCW, Impact, AEW, etc. simultaneously.

Staying with WWE still sounds like a terrible decision to me every time I see someone make that choice. At the end of the day, it must just come down to money. - I would say it's about money and legacy...but I honestly don't think WWE even does a great job of building legacies anymore.

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

That’s actually a good point. A guy like Finn Balor (or even AJ before he resigned) would’ve been perfect for AEW…but they have no space. So yeah, that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

But honestly maybe people don't want to find their own bookings. Like who would i get a job and than have to go find more work elsewhere on my own?

I love that AEW lets wrestlers work where ever, and I watch other promotions, but I feel like Jay White popping up in 3 different promotions in the same week KINDA takes the specialness off him tbh. Like, some dream matches I want in AEW are being done in other companies or indies. Like damn, I wish TK would tell these bookers they need to have these matchups on his show first. 

Guest Fight Me.
3 minutes ago, EJ! said:

just tuned in, was Private Party in this at all?

Yeah, they continued teasing Jeff coming in with the "Matt Hardy is showing erratic behavior" thing.

Guest Fight Me.
3 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Santana and Ortiz should have been the only choice to win this battle royal. 

I imagine they'll already be busy at the PPV cornering Kingston versus Jericho lol