AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Orange Cassidy winning over Cole wasn’t a good decision. Regardless of the record in the match meaning anything because it was lights out, if it’s the end of the feud, Cole should’ve won to prep him for the main event at Revolution.  

I think it was the only thing that truly grabbed my attention and made me feel something. That ladder match I thought was a total joke. The epitome of fake, stunt show bullshit that cares more about creating stupid, contrived OMG! moments instead of telling a natural, logical competitive-story in the ring. The amount of times that ref grabbed that damn ladder... So egregious. Absolutely awful. That should tell you how dumb and impractical your spot that you devised is. But of course, far too many don’t give shit about those kind of things anymore and rather create shallow spectacles. Cody trying to be like a crappy bootleg Cena who tries even harder to get people to boo and cheer him is lame, too. Not interested him now. 

Yeah, the general impression I got from online is that people really liked the ladder match, which did not surprise me. People just love to gobble up silly, novel spectacles. As for me, my tolerance for gimmickry continues to dwindle. I just cannot stand overly contrived spots, especially when you need to rely on the ref over and over again to make your shit work. That's so stupid to me. And the lack of selling and just going from one spot to the next is so aggravating to watch for me. It's such an uncreative way to tell a story. I wanna see the pain on your face. I wanna see you limping. And not in some bullshit arbitrary way, which how it's mostly done. I want to see you truly commit to the sell. I wanna see your whole game plan change because your opponent knew what to exploit because they studied your game. A ladder match doesn't NEED to be a spotfest. It can be technical and strategic. But not many seem to care for that or know any better. They pretty much all envision it in one way: the spotfest -- and that one way I'm sick of. The novelty is gone.

I only watch AEW highlights and some matches on youtube. So I'm very curious how they're doing right now such as..

Who are the top 4 faces and heels?

Who are the most over wrestlers?

Who are the biggest merchandise sellers?

How is AEW doing in ppv buys, ticket sales to shows and TV ratings?

Is AEW doing good in likes and views on youtube ?

they need at least one more solid heel i think because two out of those four are so hard to dislike. i guess Kenny when he comes back but Cody would be perfect and i need him to stop this fake Cena shit.

also i love MJF so much but i still think he has another level to reach. right now his bread is buttered on the mic but he needs that physical heel aspect like a Edge conchairto or a Orton punt to go with the scathing promos.