AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

20 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Eh i dont know, did he had this many really incredible Wrestling matches in terms of Wrestling itself?
I mean was his Match against Cena or the WM match that good because of the Wrestling or because of the story?
I really cant remember a Daniel Bryan match in WWE i would consider 5 star worthy to be honest.

Some recent ones: Bryan/AJ IC tournament final from last year and the SD Bryan/Cole match were both better than Bryan/Omega. And I’d take Bryan/Zayn from WM over the Omega match. Are these matches “5 star worthy,” I don’t know but these matches were definitely better than Bryan/Omega for me which was not even close at being “5 stars.”

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fight Me.

Sounds better than it did on TV lol

I threw up the LAX gang sign at Proud n Powerful live last week, so ima take credit for manifesting this. 😤😤😤

Edited by Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.
2 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Is he being signed though or just a one match deal?

I think he's currently in ROH, but he has a long history with Kingston and basically any wrestlers out of NY lol

Guest Fight Me.
3 minutes ago, HeLLBlaZer#14 said:

Adam Cole said that this was not true.

Cole denied the manager report, but on Jericho's pod yesterday he said himself they were thinking of changing his name and look.

Guest Fight Me.

lol I saw him walking the hallways when I went. He had an "unauthorized" meet and greet with anybody who would stop him.

Edited by Fight Me.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:19 AM, PaperThinWalls said:

Some recent ones: Bryan/AJ IC tournament final from last year and the SD Bryan/Cole match were both better than Bryan/Omega. And I’d take Bryan/Zayn from WM over the Omega match. Are these matches “5 star worthy,” I don’t know but these matches were definitely better than Bryan/Omega for me which was not even close at being “5 stars.”

Bryan/Zayn from Mania, seriously? I remember that match for the fact that Sami... didn't do anything. It was basically just Bryan hitting some of his biggest spots, then Zayn catching him with a distraction-boot to win. It was a gigantic letdown for how good both guys are. It told a story, but not a very entertaining one.

1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

Bryan/Zayn from Mania, seriously? I remember that match for the fact that Sami... didn't do anything. It was basically just Bryan hitting some of his biggest spots, then Zayn catching him with a distraction-boot to win. It was a gigantic letdown for how good both guys are. It told a story, but not a very entertaining one.

Yeah. I like Zayn being a dodgy weasel. He was a fantastic heel in that match. The mannerisms. The psychology. The heel tactics. It was story that engaged me and I thought the work from all those involved was stellar. They worked a great match even with the lack of fans. I don’t care what moves Zayn didn’t do. I care about him playing the role that was right for him for that match.

21 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Yeah. I like Zayn being a dodgy weasel. He was a fantastic heel in that match. The mannerisms. The psychology. The heel tactics. It was story that engaged me and I thought the work from all those involved was stellar. They worked a great match even with the lack of fans. I don’t care what moves Zayn didn’t do. I care about him playing the role that was right for him for that match.

To each their own I suppose. I enjoy stories as much as the next guy, but that match made Sami look incredibly weak, like he and Bryan didn't belong in the same ring as one another. And as chickenshit as a heel might be, I don't think that should ever be the point.

3 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

To each their own I suppose. I enjoy stories as much as the next guy, but that match made Sami look incredibly weak, like he and Bryan didn't belong in the same ring as one another. And as chickenshit as a heel might be, I don't think that should ever be the point.

At that point in his run that's what he had been, though. He should have looked weak. He was gone for awhile due to two shoulder surgeries. Came back as a heel and lost a lot. Then he began working as a manager for Nakamura and Cesaro. Eventually got back in the ring but had to rely on his goons to get him wins (his IC win was a fantastic example of this). So it made sense that he was booked in that manner because he was in a weakened state and had been for some time. He shouldn't have been workrate Sami. That's not what the match called for. That's not what the feud called for. That's not who he was. He was a chickenshit and he excelled at that role, especially in that match. You don't need to have super competitive matches with tons of moves to have a good match. That's a bunch of bull to me. Maybe in Dave and many others' books. But not in my book. What he did in that match was exactly what he needed to do and then some. Same for Bryan. They played their roles exceptionally well and I applaud them for that.

Guest Fight Me.

Still did good but it's crazy. Punk's return got em over a mil but a show advertised as a free PPV could not. Rampage ain't ever getting a million again on this timeslot.