AEW Show Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omega/Bryan only kicked in near the end when Bryan was being worked but for the most of the match I was pretty numb. I just wasn’t feeling it. Things felt… arbitrary? Idk. To me it wasn’t a classic. Cody’s match engaged me more with its story and work but it got a little sloppy and maybe they could have come up with a better finish? The main event was underwhelming and I felt like the crowd didn’t care much for Ruby. This whole cheering for Britt (the heel) is really working against her babyface opponents. I think it’s a bad idea. CM Punk’s promo was the best thing on the show. Loved his intensity. Loved his expressions. Loved the organic flow. Jericho cut a good promo, too.

Guest Fight Me.

I can see them doing it early next year at Revolution. Let Hangman win at Full Gear, since Omega-Danielson clearly doesn't need the title. But if Omega does retain, it gives Danielson plenty of time to go up on the rankings.

Edited by Fight Me.

8 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Omega/Bryan only kicked in near the end when Bryan was being worked but for the most of the match I was pretty numb. I just wasn’t feeling it. Things felt… arbitrary? Idk. 

I hear you. It was a good match but I just wasn't into it until Omega hit that snap dragon suplex on the ramp. From there on out it picked up massively for me and I was fully hooked. Loved it overall.

Another solid episode. I've only recently started watching AEW in full so I'm not entirely sure whether Brian Pillman Jr. is supposed to be a big deal (I know MJF is), his match felt throwaway after the last couple of weeks' build. Not necessarily a bad thing on an otherwise stacked card (for free TV) but it gave filler vibes. Guess that was the only minor gripe I had, if you could even call it that. 

Sting moved surprisingly well in the tag match which was again fun. Britt/Ruby and Black/Cody solid as expected and Punk's promo was great as always. 

Guest Fight Me.
1 minute ago, Crazy. said:

I've only recently started watching AEW in full so I'm not entirely sure whether Brian Pillman Jr. is supposed to be a big deal (I know MJF is), his match felt throwaway after the last couple of weeks' build. Not necessarily a bad thing on an otherwise stacked card (for free TV) but it gave filler vibes. Guess that was the only minor gripe I had, if you could even call it that. 

Yeah, the Brian Pillman Jr. push is new. He is mainly used as a tag team wrestler with Griff Garrison, not a very featured team either. People have wanted him to break out for a while though since the Dark Side of the Ring on his dad aired months ago.

3 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

It's so *censored*ing funny how Cody sees himself as Captain America but EVERYONE sees Homelander lmao

holy *Censored* that’s coming from the source too 

also peep the replies. it’s crazy how so many wrestling fans run these accounts. i’m pretty sure i remember the account for Wendy’s randomly engaging in wrestling discourse

Edited by EJ!

Guest Fight Me.

I forgot Frenchie wore a Kenny shirt last season too. We need an AEW cameo next season lol

My friend said Cody is at least John Walker/US Agent and I can't unsee it. 💀