Norm Macdonald passes away

Austin3035

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when he died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

Dang this is one of the hardest celebrity deaths in a long time to me. I've always loved Norm, think my first introduction to him was as Death from Family Guy, even though he was only him for 1 episode, he was always my Death, should have kept him. Then Billy Maddison, Moth Joke, Battle Axe, ect. We lost a true comedic genius 

R.I.P. Norm

It's just absolutely crazy how long he was sick and hid it. And listening back to old interviews where he said some things just makes it even sadder. Like...Marc Maron hosted a re-run of a 2011 podcast with Norm, and they were talking about fears. Norm said said he wasn't really afraid of much. When pushed for a more legitimate answer, he then said "Dying. Getting sick and dying. I think about that a lot."

RIP to someone who was truly one of a kind.

Archived