Official Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, EJ! said:

facts. i’m telling you next time he feel like “summoning the demon” he better show up with a shotgun bc they just killed the facepaint gimmick in the worst way

I might be the only one in this and say I'm okay with they killed the demon because there's no such special about the demon Finn Balor the demon was just basically Finn Balor face paint meaning he didn't really do anything different as the demon that he doesn't do when he's just Finn Balor

Finn Balor the demon should have been like Bray Wyatt and the fiend where the demon is just a totally different person than regular fin in terms of aggressiveness and moves

Bálor was never going to win, even as the demon and I accepted that but Vince just had to go all extra with the fish comeback and accidental slip up! He looked good through out the match but came off as such an idiot by the end.  Spear him and that's it but oh noooo this is probaly Vince's idea of protecting Finn Bálor or especially the demon 

I really would like to know how they explain a 190 pound guy can break a Rope that wasnt tampered with in the match?
There was no story involved in messing with the Ropes during the match.
So they really try to sell it as pure luck and call it a day?
That is how lazy they have become? Reigns and Balor are protected and not made look weak because of an accident?
Ehm they both look dumb because of that.

The "Demon" getting beaten because the ring Rope broke, the Tribal Chief only won because the Ring Rope broke...both look weak there.

And wasnt the Sasha return the same as we have seen 34634645 times before?
It feels like we had this Sasha return a few times already, her interfering during or after a match to turn heel/face.

Most annoying thing about ER is that they have this theme for the PPV but don use it.
Its not some HIAC or so that can feel bloated when you do 4-5 of those.
Why not some simple No DQ, 4 corners, bullrope, tables matches...especially when even shitty written feuds like carmella vs liv had feud wise the potential?
No, we fill a card with standard matches for our "EXTREME RULES" ppv...why WWE, why in gods name?

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

It's called EXTREME RULES. Change the name if you aren't going to deliver that lol

But they did deliver an Extreme Rules match. You think every match at HIAC should be in a HIAC? Or every match at War Games should be War Games?

I agree, though. Get rid of the PPV. It's a terrible name and concept.

10 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

But they did deliver an Extreme Rules match. You think every match at HIAC should be in a HIAC? Or every match at War Games should be War Games?

I agree, though. Get rid of the PPV. It's a terrible name and concept.

There is a difference in the scale of Gimmick matches, of course there shouldnt be every match a HIAC during a HIAC PPV, but there shouldnt be a PPV called HIAC to begin with.
I mean the idea is neat that you have the HIAC up the whole PPV, even if the matches are normal matches...because if people can stare at a UFC cage for 5-6 fights, they can have the stamina to look at a HIAC for 4 hours or what...but yeah, there doesnt need to be a HIAC named PPV.

It comes down to the kind of Gimmick Match.

"Extreme Rules" isnt that kind of Gimmick Match that needs a PPV named after it in the first place, but when you use such a name, go with the Theme.
They could easily made every match a ER and kept it unique without bloating anything.
You could have done a 4 corners match, a tables match, falls count anywhere...even if just by the name.
But doing nothing at all, just sucks.

Extreme Rules is not a MITB,RR,HIAC,War Games kind of Gimmick Match that can drain people far more due to its Gimmick.
So you can easily do 5-6 of them.

6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

There is a difference in the scale of Gimmick matches, of course there shouldnt be every match a HIAC during a HIAC PPV, but there shouldnt be a PPV called HIAC to begin with.
I mean the idea is neat that you have the HIAC up the whole PPV, even if the matches are normal matches...because if people can stare at a UFC cage for 5-6 fights, they can have the stamina to look at a HIAC for 4 hours or what...but yeah, there doesnt need to be a HIAC named PPV.

It comes down to the kind of Gimmick Match.

"Extreme Rules" isnt that kind of Gimmick Match that needs a PPV named after it in the first place, but when you use such a name, go with the Theme.
They could easily made every match a ER and kept it unique without bloating anything.
You could have done a 4 corners match, a tables match, falls count anywhere...even if just by the name.
But doing nothing at all, just sucks.

Extreme Rules is not a MITB,RR,HIAC,War Games kind of Gimmick Match that can drain people far more due to its Gimmick.
So you can easily do 5-6 of them.

I wouldn’t want a dumb concept to be even dumber with more needless, arbitrary gimmick matches inserted into feuds that never called for such a thing anyway. It’s so backwards. It’s not even about draining people as you put it. It’s about if the feud naturally calls for it.

Archived