Daffney Unger Has Passed Away

Guest Fight Me.

38 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

RIP! I only knew her in WCW and think she was in tna for a bit but I was into her. Was it suicide because of depression or what happened?

Yes unfortunately. She went on IG Live last night to say her goodbyes. Many fans spread the word on social media and were able to reach out to her family and police. They had to send police to a couple locations as she had moved recently, so they didn't get to her on time sadly.

Man, this one hits home. She was born the same year as my brother, and my sister was a huge fan of hers. I remember seeing her challenge Awesome Kong, and Jeremy Borash mentioned her, and she looked great. I only saw the beginning of the Instagram video, and I couldn't watch anymore of it. Mental health should never be taken lightly. As someone that deals with depression and anxiety, I know how hard it is to reached out, but if anyone is going through a hard time, always try to reach out because people do care. Rest peacefully, Daffney.

Followed that story since the people worried about her Instagram video, incredible tragic and sad.
She was suffering so much and nobody seemed to be there for her until it was too late.

And all this so close to Hanas Birthday, again due to Mental Health...it is just hitting so hard.

Very horrible that someone couldn't help her in time. I really hate to hear this Daffney was one of my favorites in WCW that I till this day wish the WWE would have brought over for the Invasion storyline. Very unique and talented individual in the ring and character wise. Rest In peace beautiful.

Daffney was one of the first women to really make me care about women's wrestling. She was a performer that stood out to me instantly. I couldn't help but be a fan of hers straight away. I found her to be entertaining, no matter where she was. Whether it was her doing the impossible and making David Flair interesting, or her winning the Cruiserweight Title, or her hilarious impression of Sarah Palin, or just her being Zombie Hot, she always struck me as someone that gave it her all and it showed. That's one of the reasons why I was such a fan of hers. I thought she lit up the screen no matter what segment she was in.

She was one of the best and most entertaining parts of WCW in its final years. I also really enjoyed her run in TNA. Her feud with Tara is one of my favorites in TNA history. Daffney was someone who, in a just world, should have gotten out of the wrestling business as much as she put into it. It deeply saddens me that her death came this way. I was one of the many witnesses to her livestream that tried to contact her, and the fact that no one got through to her in time, it's heartbreaking. As someone that also deals with mental health issues, I'm not sure if I'll ever truly get over this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shirt. I hope many get it. ?

Speaking of, New Day dedicated their pod on Monday to Daffney and took the week to talk about mental health. They shared their own struggles and I honestly didn't know how bad it was for Big E in college when an injury ended his football career. They invited a doctor on the pod to have a discussion as well. Very good listen if you have the time. Just made Big E's Monday all the more special to me.

Archived