WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really miss K-Kwik or 2008 Truth. He's been cringe for a long time but tolerable as still entertaining to an extent but this whole Judgement Day shit has been shit and now him being so confused by mistaking people with other people is beyond annoying and irritating. 

The segment with Kevin Owens and now DIY made me want to roll my eyes like Taker and literally face palm

Normally I don’t like dumb comedy sketches in my wrestling programming but I gotta admit, some of the R Truth stuff has me chuckled… lol I think it’s bringing the Judgment Day down, though (at least in the sense of legitimacy and seriousness) which I don’t think is good for them, especially the longer this goes on.

I keep seeing rumors about Triple H vs The Rock at Wrestlemania... This has to be bullshit right? I can't see that man taking bumps with a defibrillator in his chest. If they actually go through with it, I fear we may see the ending to "The Wrestler" in real life.

Yeah, HHH isn't going to wrestle again. Absolutely zero chance. - I doubt the company would even let him do it, for insurance reasons. Doctors wouldn't clear him, and I know he's said in the past that he won't do it as well. - Not sure who is starting rumors like that...but they are as good as baseless. 

Most I see HHH doing is special ref, or being in someone's corner. - If they really wanted to push the Rock agenda, they could do Rock vs Cody with HHH as the ref, or HHH in Cody's corner against Rock in Roman's corner. Something like that...but definitely not working a match.

At the most he can throw a punch at Rock with the rest of the avengers Cody's recruiting (Seth, KO, Sami, Jey, Orton, etc.) to interfere against the Bloodline at WM lol

20 hours ago, Jeb ★ said:

At the most he can throw a punch at Rock with the rest of the avengers Cody's recruiting (Seth, KO, Sami, Jey, Orton, etc.) to interfere against the Bloodline at WM lol

Or...Triple H can be the "Equalizer."

53 minutes ago, Generations said:

Honestly, the best thing about heel Rock isn't even that he's a heel in the WWE setting...it's that he's been so fake for so long that it's refreshing to see him just saying shit that you know he thinks. 

Now that he is with TKO, he doesn't need those Disney endorsements anymore 

33 minutes ago, Lumen said:

Now that he is with TKO, he doesn't need those Disney endorsements anymore 

TKO is fake in their own way.

Don't get me started on how I feel about Dana White and Joe Rogan, and the whole Russia/Saudi Arabia blood money thing. UFC has basically been a propaganda machine for the better part of the past decade. 

I wanna discuss Drew McIntyre for a second.

Overall, I always loved Drew McIntyre's look and the aura about him as an in-ring wrestler. In recent months we have seen him turn heel and become very aggressive in wanting to become champion. This is just my opinion but I feel like in the past 3 months, Drew's favorability has dropped since CM Punk and Cody Rhodes have been making an impact within the past 3 months or so.

Seth Rollins and Cody Rhodes are very big on Raw right now. I feel like Drew's story angle has been him basically trying to prove to the WWE Universe that he is still main event material but since losing to Seth at Crown Jewel, I just feel like as time goes by, Drew's "firepower" is getting weak. When it comes to WWE and popularity I feel like it can be a challenge when other superstars can easily take your spot. I feel like Drew keeps trying to prove himself multiple times but on the outside looking in, I feel like the fans are saying, you ain't all that no more bro.

I feel like WWE still looks at Drew as something important to have on the roster but at the same time I feel like he could be getting buried as we continue to go through 2024.

Drew is valued as much as ever, IMO...but, they have ZERO idea what to do with him.

He can't be involved with either world title, because there is other stuff being built around that. And he can't be IC champ, because Gunther has that locked down. They did a little tease with putting him in Judgement Day...but, I have a feeling he may have turned that down himself. And with Sheamus gone, he can't even have a typical "big UK lads" storyline. So, he's just floating. When Punk comes back, it seems likely that will be the first feud.

Drew's been doing exceptional heel work and is still a big part of the weekly shows...but, WWE has booked themselves into a corner in almost every division. - It isn't just Drew, tbh...there are a lot of men and women who are left just kinda not doing much. - The long term booking of the championships has been fun...but, it's happening in almost every division simultaneously. It's happening with Rhea too. Just a lot of men and women with nothing to really chase for the past few years.

Edited by Generations

Rumor has it, Nia Jax is beating Rhea for the title at Elimination Chamber. THAT is gonna cause some online drama. This is just my opinion, I'm gonna be honest, a decent number of fans feel that Nia Jax is killing it as a heel in the women's division ever since she came back.

55 minutes ago, StillDriven said:

Rumor has it, Nia Jax is beating Rhea for the title at Elimination Chamber. THAT is gonna cause some online drama. This is just my opinion, I'm gonna be honest, a decent number of fans feel that Nia Jax is killing it as a heel in the women's division ever since she came back.

Who said that? I find that hard to believe. The whole premise of this feud seems to be Rhea defeating this big bad monster they’ve built up for months in her home country in front of her fellow Australian fans. Then at WM she faces whoever wins the EC (Becky?).