WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Generations said:

This is actually painfully unfunny and cringe.

imo Triple H took control of WWE after his sense of what’s cool and hip in wrestling culture passed him by. He’s still better than the alternative, being Vince McMahon and for some reason Tony Khan, but you’re gonna get a lot of douchebag and dick and shit jokes still because that’s their idea of the cheapest way to get a laugh. I’m not gonna put him over just because he made IYO SKY a longtime champion. I didn’t care for much of the content but it’s cool that Rock stopped by. Nice ending there. Cody beware. 

Edited by A N T I -

40 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Day 1 was an opportunity to have a really stacked show and show us we are in for one hell of a year. How we feeling? 

i was hype for Jinder tbh I liked his reign lol

I thought we were gonna get the likes of Rock, Cena, Brock, Sasha, MJF, all on Day 1 to really make a statement. I guess we aren’t in the statement-making business anymore. I’m well aware MJF’s removal from the AEW online roster might be in storyline. I don’t follow the product anymore so I don’t know.

Edited by A N T I -

I liked Cody’s promo. R Truth made me chuckled a few times, I gotta say. lol The Rock’s charisma is still engaging even if the material is so-so. And Drew’s initial sell on Seth’s foot on the rope was done well. The match itself was decent, too. Everything else was the usual meh, which is what I expect from RAW.

I started to dislike the Rock a while back. He really is just an embodiment of some insane corporate agenda.

The In-N-Out Burger thing is the tip of the iceberg for something more nefarious. And there was definitely something to that whole "I'm gonna run for president" schtick he did a few years ago. At best, he's another Hollywood elite who doesn't remember what normal life looks like. At worst, he's literally the face of something.

Not to mention, the sickening levels of blind patriotism that only ever go over well with white nationalists. Like...it's 2024. Booing a guy like Jinder just because he's a brown man speaking another language is about as cringe as it gets. He didn't even say anything against the USA. He literally called out the hypocrisy of people acting dumb, and said "USA used to be better". - He wasn't wrong. 

You have a dude like The Rock, who used to be level-headed and actually call people out for things like racism and xenophobia. And now he's just a stand-in for Joe Rogan and Dana White. No one asked for it. No one needs it. - Made even worse by the fact that Jinder is never used on tv. They brought him out there just to use him as a punchline. Like...shit. The new Endeavor/TKO agenda was on full display here. Only a matter of time before Trump and Kid Rock are ringside at Wrestlemania. 

All that segment did was make me hopeful that Roman beats The Rock quickly and retains.

And if people wanna say "Rock has to beat Reigns...because, who is left after that?" - My answer is simple. You just have Reigns feign an injury and take some time off. He has a match with someone he's already defeated...but he "blows his knee out" or something. - He's been champion for over 1,220 days. Give him a deserving opponent, and even if he's already defeated them...you book it right, and it isn't a problem. It could easily be Cody to finally take the belt from him. It definitely doesn't need to be The Rock. In fact, I would argue that there would be no benefit to that at all.

Edited by Generations

I don't know if they have always done this but going to commercial break the announcer will do the whole, we will be right back thing, and theres like 10 seconds of silence and just the wrestlers doing their thing and i kinda love it. Like just now it was just Orton getting the pop on the turnbuckle with no announcers and they did it with the Pretty Deadly slow motion.

Jinder never gets a fair shake, honestly...he always has to portray the evil Indian guy. - It would be a fine time to team up Jinder and Drew and let them be tag champions. Both heels. Former partners. Legitimize Jinder as a performer to be respected.

I was discussing pro wrestling in this live chat on Youtube and R-Truth was brought up during the discussion. Based on R-Truth's time in Judgment Day, people feel like R-Truth has been viewed as this comical and funny entertaining guy who doesn't get taken seriously as a in-ring competitor.

My question is, do you guys feel as if WWE has been using R-Truth respectfully during his recent times in WWE? Some would say he's a joke, but isn't he a LEGIT athlete? With really good in-ring ability who should be looked at as a valuable asset in any wrestling company he is a part of?