WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this a PPV? That’s the same Charlotte video package we get at every PPV.

Did not feel that Rhea promo at all. Completely scripted and generic. Not good for a go home promo for WM.

Tag team filler time.

Yup. Still getting those super corny, overproduced promos with special effects even with Vince gone from creative. Not a fan of Demon Balor at all. So corny to me.

Finally the Goodfellas Bloodline parody! :laugh:

I find it kinda weird and interesting at the same time that Priest is the only member of Judgement Day without nothing going on for him. I wonder if there are big plans for him, possibly involving turning on the whole faction.

Credit:pwinsider 

New pay model for ppv's in the future??

I am listening to the interview WWE CEO Nick Khan did earlier today on The Marchand and Ourand Podcast Report in advance of WWE's Wrestlemania 39 weekend.    We have a great recap from Jeff Wirtheim on the site here at this link.

It is interesting to note that during the conversation, Khan stated that the company would be open to the idea of reverting PPVs (now classified as Premium Live Events by the WWE) back to the old pay-per-show format, if that was something their media rights holder wanted included after a new deal was struck.

For example, if NBC Universal landed the rights to everything and wanted to, they could then charge an additional fee for Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Backlash, etc. for their Peacock subscribers to access those live events.

This is what UFC does with their ESPN+ deal.  ESPN has the rights to UFC, so if you are an ESPN+ subscriber, you can then purchase the UFC PPVs for an additional premium price.  

WWE changed their PPV format in 2014 with the launch of the WWE Network in 2014, but if the money is right, Khan has made it clear they are more than happy to let a third party take over those rights and a return to that format via their own streaming platform.