WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

The minute he wins those titles the crowd is shifting like they always do. 

4 minutes ago, Generations said:

Literally the ONLY reason why Reigns would retain would be for the number side of things...and since there's no way he's keeping the title for 2,800+ days to dethrone Sammartino, there really isn't much point in continuing to drag things out.  -His reign is already untouchable by modern standards. It's more than enough, and I'm sure the guy would like a vacation.

Also, losing the title to Rhodes isn't about Cody actually overcoming Reigns or being better than Reigns...it's honestly just the final nail in the coffin after everything else that is happening. Reigns will be without the Bloodline and his defenses will be down. He's being portrayed on television as paranoid, anxious, and unable to make logical decisions. - He will lose to Cody because of this.

In fact...the only path to victory for Reigns at Mania, is if they debut a new member to the bloodline who can interfere in a convincing manner...and that just isn't the story they're building to.

I’m not denying this sounds plausible. I’m really not. But I just feel why does Cody have to beat him at Mania for the sake of a feel good story. Roman’s reign has just been so comfortable. We used to beg for king title reigns with substance and we got it and we’ve had it for 900 plus days. I don’t want it to end! But on the other side, Cody is clearly over and a draw despite what I said. I just don’t know if I can personally believe Cody is the one to dethrone Roman. Which is a personal problem for sure but I can’t be the only one that feels that way. As far as debuting a new member, could be interesting. And then there’s the matter of The Usos. So basically every Bloodline member won’t be holding gold after Mania? It just feels like a huge reset. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as Roman's title reign has been...it was always on borrowed time anyway. - If Cody never got injured, I bet he would have already been champion at this point. - In hindsight...things worked out really nicely to build a natural blowoff at Mania. Reigns just had to do more work than he expected to, and he did a phenomenal job at that. 

56 minutes ago, Generations said:

As great as Roman's title reign has been...it was always on borrowed time anyway. - If Cody never got injured, I bet he would have already been champion at this point. - In hindsight...things worked out really nicely to build a natural blowoff at Mania. Reigns just had to do more work than he expected to, and he did a phenomenal job at that. 

You’re right. Guess that’s the way it goes after all. And there are worse contenders than Cody. The story does make sense and if anyone had to dethrone Roman I would want it to be Cody. Hell, at least it wasn’t Theory. Lol