WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

Didn't think about the Saudi thing with Owens/Zayn. Will they actually attend that show? - Now I'm starting to wonder if they will be written off the show with some sort of forfeit clause...and you could have the unlikely team of Jimmy and Jey defending KO/Zayn's tag titles against Solo/Reigns. - Would be very weird...but could work.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Generations said:

Yes. Paying full attention.

You are complaining that a heel (who already has a championship) took the pinfall against two babyfaces in a tournament for another championship. Not looking to be redundant here...so I'll just say it one last time. He's a heel. He has a title already. Taking the pinfall didn't change anyone's views of him. Not many people like him. People aren't supposed to like him. It's fine for him to be the fall guy. It makes more sense than anything else. It advances the story and allows Lashley to have an excuse for losing to Styles later when his match is interfered in. Everything is fine. Theory is being built up just fine. He's being built as a heel, and heels can take those kinds of loses. Especially when he will have revenge at the top of the hour. 

You protect your champions. This mentality that champions can eat pins because they have a belt is exactly why WWE has trouble creating stars. It’s so counterproductive.

Sure, that may very well be the direction they go — but should it? Is anyone excited to see Lashey/Theory for the 273th time? That’s what you have your champion do? Face the same guy over and over again. It’s so dumb. Move on from this feud.

6 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

You protect your champions. This mentality that champions can eat pins because they have a belt is exactly why WWE has trouble creating stars. It’s so counterproductive.

You are being way too critical of Theory taking a single pinfall. Goddamn. - I assure you, no one is paying attention to a single loss on a random episode of Smackdown. - And when you protect heels too much, people resent that. - You said yourself, he had a big win over Cena. Obviously he's being protected just fine.

Edited by Generations

They definitely have no idea what they're doing with Asuka.

But...I'm happy that she's not sitting around doing nothing.

Always wondered why they chose Mia Yim for OC instead of Asuka. Guess they thought Mia needed a group more, and Asuka would be fine on her own. (Which would be true...if they actually took the time to write anything decent for her).

As bad as WWE commercial breaks are formatted, they are still somehow better than AEW...even when AEW has picture in picture. I swear, AEW will show a really boring match to completion, and then run ads during the main event, or when people are talking backstage. Shit makes no sense. Like...if memory serves me, they actually ran ads during the Hardy compound match this past week...it was a story-driven comedy segment, and you could see people saying things that were obviously scripted moments...but couldn't hear what they were saying. And that was a pre-taped show with all the time in the world to format better. Smh.

Edited by Generations

2 hours ago, Generations said:

Didn't think about the Saudi thing with Owens/Zayn. Will they actually attend that show? - Now I'm starting to wonder if they will be written off the show with some sort of forfeit clause...and you could have the unlikely team of Jimmy and Jey defending KO/Zayn's tag titles against Solo/Reigns. - Would be very weird...but could work.

Apparently Saudi and Syria have been working on diplomatic relations so could explain why Zayn and Owens are now willing/allowed to go

Anyone ever think about how weird it is that pro wrestling is the only form of story-driven entertainment where it's considered acceptable to interrupt the actual story in order to promote another thing? Like...there are commercials during all television shows, but the story is not in progress when that happens. (It stops and then starts back up). - But, pro wrestling can be in the middle of a match, and simultaneously have the commentary completely talking over key moments to remind people to watch some bullshit comedy show or something that the network is pushing. It's kinda crazy when you consider how damaging that can actually be to the flow of a match, or how disruptive it is to the story they are trying to tell. 

Imagine the narrator or characters from any other show just diverging from the story to randomly be like "remember to watch Big Bang Theory on Tuesdays". - Shit doesn't happen anywhere else. Lol.

Edited by Generations

27 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I mean that’s what real sports do. If you watch football, you’ll get the commentators promoting SD during the game. So in that sense, I don’t have a problem with it since to me wrestling’s presentation should be more sports-inspired.

I realize that. But, pro wrestling is also not a "real" sport...which is what I'm getting at. - It feels counterproductive to me to interrupt the action of a match, which is a storytelling element in itself...(perhaps the biggest storytelling element). I can't recall what made me think about this...but, there was a recent match where something was advertised right in the middle of a match/segment and I remember being completely taken out of the moment by it. Just an unfortunate truth about the current state of things. - I guess it goes with the territory of the weird limbo state that pro wrestling exists in...but, it's something that should be done better. (A match being sponsored by something in the beginning or end makes sense to me...but I'll never be a fan of mentioning things in the middle of an ongoing match). 

Edited by Generations