WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with Theory taking a pin. He's a heel, and he's never been booked as a fighting champion. He takes shortcuts to retain the US title and it's fine for him to be beaten by a babyface. The right person was pinned. 

Also, possibly done so he can interfere in the semi and cost Lashley against AJ. 

Edited by Generations

Just now, PaperThinWalls said:

Who cares about Sheamus? He’s an old dude floating around. Don’t pin your young champion (heel or not, it doesn’t matter) when you don’t have to. It’s stupid.

Sheamus has been having awesome matches week in and week out. A lot of people care about Sheamus. He's still very much a main event caliber talent. Everything between Sheamus and Gunther, for example...main event quality feud.

2 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Also, Theory took on the challenge of Cena and freaking beat him. Don’t tell me he’s not a fighting champion.

Cena is old and rusty and hadn't done anything leading up to that match. It was a showcase match specifically so Cena could give him a rub. As a character, Theory is not a fighting champion. He's cocky and he handles the challenges that are presented to him...but he's still very much willing to take shortcuts, and his matches are usually won as such. (We literally just saw him try to steal Lashley's pinfall after the spear).

Edited by Generations

Anyway...you asked who cares about Sheamus. My answer is that I still consider Sheamus a bigger draw than Theory, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. So...that's the short answer. - If I was going to a live event, I would much rather have a Sheamus match on the card than a Theory match. Sheamus always gives 110%. Period.

Edited by Generations

2 minutes ago, Generations said:

Cena is old and rusty and hadn't done anything leading up to that match. It was a showcase match specifically so Cena could give him a rub. As a character, Theory is not a fighting champion. He's cocky and he handles the challenges that are presented to him...but he's still very much willing to take shortcuts, and his matches are usually won as such. (We literally just saw him try to steal Lashley's pinfall after the spear).

He’s John Cena. You make that win feel important by letting Theory string wins together and then the person who ultimately beats Theory feels important.

Fighting champion is not a phrase that describes him the best, but he’s not someone who dodges matches either like your post implied. He takes on challenges.

4 minutes ago, Generations said:

Anyway...you asked who cares about Sheamus. My answer is that I still consider Sheamus a bigger draw than Theory, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. So...that's the short answer. - If I was going to a live event, I would much rather have a Sheamus match on the card than a Theory match. Sheamus always gives 110%. Period.

He’s not a big draw. Put your love for him aside. lol

So does Theory. He’s a great, young worker and should be booked like an important person. Pinning him in a 3- way does not make him feel important.

Just now, PaperThinWalls said:

He’s not a big draw. Put your love for him aside. lol

So does Theory. He’s a great worker and should be booked like an important person.

My love for him? - I assure you, I am far from being a Sheamus mark.

I absolutely recognize that Sheamus is in the twilight of his career. But that doesn't change a single thing about what I've said. I consider him way more valuable as a commodity than Theory. As someone who will sell tickets and increase viewership. Sheamus is that guy way more than Theory is.

And again...Theory literally took that pin so he could interfere later and cost Lashley his chance to advance. It's obvious. So...Theory's night isn't over. He's going to get more tv time later. 

1 minute ago, PaperThinWalls said:

You build new stars. That’s how this business works.

You think Lashley/Theory is the direction they should be going? Doing that match again?

You build new stars organically. Over time. - People don't care about Theory nearly as much as you think they do. - You don't need to protect a heel who is already carrying gold. He's a heel. He can lose a triple threat match. Sheesh.

1 minute ago, Generations said:

You build new stars organically. Over time. - People don't care about Theory nearly as much as you think they do. - You don't need to protect a heel who is already carrying gold. He's a heel. He can lose a triple threat match. Sheesh.

I’m not saying he should have won. Are you paying attention? Lashley pinning Sheamus (who’s not doing anything of importance) would have sufficed.

Booking like this is why new stars aren’t created. You protect your young mid-card champion.

4 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I’m not saying he should have won. Are you paying attention? Lashley pinning Sheamus (who’s not doing anything of importance) would have sufficed.

Booking like this is why new stars aren’t created. You protect your young mid-card champion.

Yes. Paying full attention.

You are complaining that a heel (who already has a championship) took the pinfall against two babyfaces in a tournament for another championship. Not looking to be redundant here...so I'll just say it one last time. He's a heel. He has a title already. Taking the pinfall didn't change anyone's views of him. Not many people like him. People aren't supposed to like him. It's fine for him to be the fall guy. It makes more sense than anything else. It advances the story and allows Lashley to have an excuse for losing to Styles later when his match is interfered in. Everything is fine. Theory is being built up just fine. He's being built as a heel, and heels can take those kinds of loses. Especially when he will have revenge at the top of the hour. They literally double Theory's exposure on the show. He'll appear in not one segment, but two. 

Edited by Generations