WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Bad Bunny at Coachella last Friday and then he flew to Chicago for Raw, bro's committed

------------------------------

I still think it's so interesting that Joaquin Wilde is in the LWO when he's half Filipino half French

I like the look of the new title belt. I find it looks a lot better than all of the palette swap titles, but was there really a reason to debut a new belt? They could have had Cody just win one of the World Titles at WrestleMania and replaced it with this new one once it debuted, but this isn't the time for rational solutions. Story-wise, I don't think it'll matter who wins this new title first, because it'll just be a reminder that the winner couldn't beat Reigns for his.

I think all the belts should have waited to be changed out at Night of Champions to represent the new Endeavor era. 

But, whatever...WWE never does shit that makes any sense.

And yes, unfortunately...they just undercut the value of not only this championship, but also the secondary titles like the IC and US belts...as well as the Universal/WWE championship itself. - Absolutely ludicrous to introduce a new belt just because Reigns hasn't lost the other one. - Trying to disguise the reasoning as a roster split is even worse. - WWE was the most watchable it has been in a long time, and the reason was because the roster was unified and the championships had competition, and storylines meant something. - Now all of that has gone out the window.

After fans had been saying that there was no one left to beat Reigns for the title, instead of WWE proving everyone wrong and booking something worth watching, they literally just said "yeah, you're right...we booked ourselves into a corner". Absolutely terrible look. Pathetic, really.

I honestly had hopes that we were going to do away with the Universal and WWE title and just have one singular title for everyone...but they went even further away from that. - I hate it, honestly. 

The absolute only saving grace for this title lies in some peculiar wording from HHH's speech...about traveling the world and defending the championship "anywhere". - If by some miracle, it turns out that the new management is cool with WWE doing cross-promotional stuff or something...that could make the new belt worth a damn. 

Edited by Generations

Yeah, the new belt will just be the the lesser belt in comparison to Romans. Silly move, especially if they give it to Cody. Feels like a cop out and muddies the waters and devalues everything. Just introduce the new belt once someone finally dethrones Roman. 

I'm fairly confident Cody is still the one to eventually beat Roman. I think the inaugural world heavyweight champion could be Seth or Finn. I honestly can't think of anybody else that deserves it or fits in that position. Finn becoming the first world heavyweight champion would be very poetic.

Edited by T-Hell

On the one hand...I get it. They came this far with Reigns, and they probably intend to keep building his championship reign to attempt to get closer to some of those other ones. - On the other hand...it's only the Universal title that he's held for 968 days. He didn't have the other one until after that. So...it's a whole convoluted mess that could have been avoided by just having him defend the one belt and keep the other. He should have simply lost the WWE title to Cody and kept the Universal title. Also, he will never touch the 2803 day reign of Bruno anyway. Whether it's an injury, his illness, or just the fact that people are already getting bored of his reign with the bloodline stuff winding down...it just isn't possible in the modern era. He'll surely make it to 1,000 days just to say he did that...but that's literally only a month or so from now. They could have held off on making a new belt.

Edited by Generations

I just hate the lineage issues with the multiple titles. 

Honestly, felt like it killed HHH to announce this new belt...knowing damn well that it undid everything he spent the past year or so developing. - Once again, the IC title is basically the most important title in WWE history...remaining unmuddied through time.

Can't wait for the draft to split the teams that actually made WWE worth watching and give Vince a clean slate to undo everything Triple H built while he was gone...

If Judgement Day, LWO, or Imperium get split, I'm gonna rage.

Only acceptable split is breaking Usos from Reigns to weaken the bloodline even more.

Edited by Generations

Man...they probably think that having HHH on tv every week will make people feel better about things, but all I'm thinking is that he obviously ain't doing the work he was doing before if they have him on tv this much. 

And who the hell is making these picks when there are no GM's? Lolololol.

Bet KO and Sami lose the title match...but Usos will be on a different brand from Sami and KO, so they will only take one set of titles. - It's stupid, because it will make Sami and KO look weak...but, I see it. Ugh.

This draft is an absolute mess and makes no sense at all. The title situation is a joke. Jockeying the champions around, having people swap their Raw/SD belts, figuring out what to do with double champs...it's a mess. Really should have waited until Night of Champions and then just decided a whole set of new belts for the brands.

Edited by Generations