WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

Vince is back...and not in a good way

Credit:pwinsider 

Vince McMahon was personally and heavily involved with last night's episode of Monday Night Raw, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. 

PWInsider.com is told that about 15-20 minutes before Raw went live on the air, a number of late rewrites for the episode were ordered, described as not "feeling" like the type of changes talents and staff had come to expect under Paul Levesque.   Changes for the episode continued as the show well into being on the air and we are told they came directly from McMahon, who had his own office at Raw, just as he did before his "retirement" in the summer of 2022.

While McMahon stated he would not be "in the weeds" of creative on CNBC yesterday, we were told by multiple sources who were at Raw that there was no doubt that Vince was firmly back in charge following the Endeavor acquisition of the company. 

PWInsider.com is told the night started with Paul Levesque on headsets running Raw, but as the taping went on, it was McMahon who was more and more involved as the point person running the show.  While McMahon was on headset producing a few times over Wrestlemania 39 weekend, he was at the gorilla position for most of last night's Raw taping, directly overseeing the proceedings.  

Among some talents we spoke with, there was a huge negative shift in morale as they realized that things were going to go back to "exactly where they were" before Paul Levesque was placed in control as Chief Content Officer.  One source said the "place felt nuked" but others didn't go that far.  The feeling was that going forward, the likelihood was that McMahon would be overseeing everything again, leaving the creative once again to his whims and sensibilities, although whether that actually plays out remains to be seen.   

A big part of that feeling of resignation was that Levesque is genuinely liked and trusted by the talents, especially since so many came through the WWE NXT system, and for some of them, that feeling of security many had felt in the run from Summerslam to Wrestlemania was no longer a given - and would be far departure from how some we spoke to felt tonight.

Other talents more or less shrugged it off, feeling they always suspected "all roads" would lead to McMahon being back in the central creative role eventually, but wanted to see if this would be a regular thing or whether it just happened last night because McMahon was at TV due to being in Los Angeles for Wrestlemania and the acquisition announcement. 

One person joked WWE was always McMahon's world and now it's back in the palm of his hand after he willingly gave it up last summer.

More as we confirm.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

Or just, you know, not watch the show. 

I watch because I'm a fan. And I have a right to complain how shit the show is.

Edited by Graeme Jones

Yep, it was fun while it lasted. Vince just never learns, does he? When he's in charge, no one is happy. Morale gets low, and people walk out on WWE BECAUSE of HIM.

Yet, Vince is so senile, so selfish, so self conceited, that he won't ever make the right decision. Triple H knows it, Stephaine knows it, the whole world knows it.

The eventual day that Vince passes away, NO ONE will miss him. Not the current version anyway. Sure, we'll always remember and honor the good memories he once made from many years ago at the time. Hell, a hall of fame induction is all but guaranteed for him. but the moment that he goes, like CM Punk said years ago, the company will be far better without him...

Yeah...it was a turd of an episode and it makes sense after hearing that Vince usurped control. - Can this dude please just take a hint that other people are more capable of running the show than he is? Christ. Collect your paycheck and go home.

You hate that it has to come down to people hoping he dies...but I think there are many people who are now at that point. Go away. We will not miss you. If there was anything good that you gave this industry, it has already been left in the past and we have all moved on from it. 

Edited by Generations

Credit:pwinsider 

News on Charlotte taking time of,Jay White,Riddle and Melina incident at mania weekend

Charlotte Flair will be taking time off from WWE, PWInsiderElite.com has confirmed.  We are told that Flair informed WWE she would be taking a break from the company over Wrestlemania 39 weekend.  WWE's creative plans for the Smackdown Women's Championship, moving it to Rhea Ripley, were locked in place before Flair told WWE she would be taking a break.  Flair is not expected to appear at this week's Smackdown and we are told she was telling those backstage that she and husband Andrade were going to travel.  There is no word how long the hiatus will be, but it was a Flair decision, not a WWE Creative move.

There was absolutely no discussion of former New Japan Pro Wrestling star Jay White within WWE at all over Wrestlemania 39 weekend and based on multiple conversations with WWE officials and talents, we are told it does not appear White is WWE-bound.

Matt Riddle was brought in for Raw Monday morning in order to hide the fact he was returning.  The feeling was that if was hanging out all Wrestlemania weekend, the return would be obvious.

In regard to the Melina incident at the Wrestlecon hotel over the weekend, we are told that Melina attended Smackdown this past Friday and after returning, was acting out in a loud manner, getting into an argument (and according to one person, a physical) altercation.  Hotel security intervened and she was ordered off the property and was not allowed to return to sign at Wrestlecon.

19 minutes ago, The Nerd said:

I just couldn’t watch something I hated or didn’t like. I’m usually a unicorn though so there’s that. It’s your right. :)

Then when someone actually quits watching and they complain about how bad WWE is, they’re told their opinion is invalid because they don’t watch. Funny how that works. lol

You can be a fan of the entire roster, want to support them, enjoy watching their work...but still think that the televised product is not good. I don't even know how that's hard to understand. Like...if you genuinely enjoyed the taste of McDonald's...but, the company was keeping their employees in cages and beating them with a hammer between shifts, you wouldn't have people saying "either you enjoy McDonald's or you don't"...the *Censored*. Lol. When wrestling is good, we love it...when there are detractors to that, we are allowed to be pissed about it. The idea of a blind loyalty to WWE just because it's WWE is absurd. And there are tons of reasons to still watch the show even when you are displeased with it. Like I said...you watch for the performers themselves...even if they are misused or held back. That isn't their fault. 

Edited by Generations

It's wild to me that the investors WANTED Vince back.

WWE was doing better financially and statistically without him...and not a damn person can deny that. Every single aspect of business was booming. The fanbase was happy. The performers were happy. Viewership was up. Every single thing was in an uphill trend. Why would you want to imbed a human cancer into the very product that you are investing in?

Edited by Generations

20 minutes ago, AlterNation said:

Lots of talk that Bayley's walked out.

This tweet stoked the flames.

I'll be furious if they managed to drive her out.

Asuka also had a strong tweet after her match where she literally says that the women's division is boring and that she may go back to Japan. Coming from her sounds weird because she always seemed like the "yes sir this is fine" respectful kind of woman, but maybe she finally had enough. Like I said, there's probably going to be a bunch of releases and walkouts coming up.