WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

LA Knight is the sole good thing about this feud.

False tbh. However it is your opinion, etc. It’s long term storytelling. It may not be for everyone but it should be respected and acknowledged. Fans have been begging for long term storytelling but then when they get it, it’s “boring” or any other words that would sum up how you and few others I’ve seen lately in regards to Bray’s return. It just don’t make sense to me. Meh. Bray is carrying his load imo. 

Edited by The Nerd

5 hours ago, The Nerd said:

False tbh. However it is your opinion, etc. It’s long term storytelling. It may not be for everyone but it should be respected and acknowledged. Fans have been begging for long term storytelling but then when they get it, it’s “boring” or any other words that would sum up how you and few others I’ve seen lately in regards to Bray’s return. It just don’t make sense to me. Meh. Bray is carrying his load imo. 

The concept of the feud where an imposter is running amok I don’t mind and can get with. What I don’t like is how they’ve had Bray addressed the problem. Instead of dealing with it head on, they’re having him doing his usual shtick where he speaks in circles for weeks. I just can’t get with that. It’s repetitive and meandering to me. Then it’s super slick and overproduced, which I don’t like because it makes it feel less authentic and real.

So I’m not against long term storytelling, I’m just against how it’s been executed and produced.

I can't watch Raw, honestly. I turned it off pretty early. 

SD is usually great...but, I find Raw to be a *censored*ing mess. - So many hokey storylines. Especially the Miz stalker/"huge balls" angle, which refuses to die. (And now he's dragged Bronson Reed into this garbage). - Seriously, what is it with Miz, that he literally ALWAYS relies on having a protégé...or whatever you want to call it? The Miz does NOT get people over. No one who has ever worked as one of his sidekicks has gotten over as such. They have always been talented people in their own right, who got more over after they managed to break free. - I'm not saying Bronson Reed is an incredible talent. But, anyone who gets slapped into a Miz storyline is already dead to me. Especially a Miz storyline as tedious and uninspired as the current one.

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I think it’s more likely HHH shares Vince’s overall philosophy for the main roster more than we had thought.

Man, I don't know...it started out strong, with a bunch of changes that were really noticeable. And then it really kind of fell off recently, and we started to see more of this goofy shit that we came to expect from Vince. - Plus, we heard from Vince that he wanted to try to "come back". (It really wouldn't surprise me if Vince is influencing Trips just as a way to bypass being locked out of his company). Either way, a muzzled Vince trying to work his ways through Triple H is something I would gladly take over a full Vince reign any day of any week...

My biggest disappointment with HHH’s tenure so far is that the programming still has a really scripted, manufactured tone to it. I was hoping the writers  would be minimized more, but unfortunately they haven’t; it’s the exact same as it was. Shit like the Miz/Lumis & Gargano and Bray scream “Written by writers” and I just can’t stand it. It also kind of surprised me how against HHH is about having blood. I wasn’t expecting AEW’s level of blood use (nor am I craving that amount either — I think theyre too excessive) but when the occasion arises (like a big Roman match), I thought there would be a chance. Apparently not. When HHH made his comments on the use of blood, I think that was my first inkling that WWE ultimately wouldn’t drastically change. It would overall be the same show except without Vince’s quirks.

One thing I’m super glad about, though, is that LA Knight is able to be LA Knight.  That’s been the biggest positive that has come from the regime change for me, I think.

I agree completely about the scripted bullshit. - And, the Miz stuff was never good from the beginning...and it only gets worse as it goes along. Hell...Miz in general is an absolute goose-egg of a performer. Not sure why they always stick potential draws with him. He went from Ciampa, to Lumis and Gargano...and now Bronson Reed. What is the damn point of any of it? No one is entertained by it. And the Bray stuff is taking way too long to deliver, and keeps going in circles. Keep Bliss out of it, debut Bo already...and move on. 

As for blood, I feel like that is now (and always has been) a sponsor situation. I don't know if HHH wants to keep blood off tv or not...but I believe several sponsors have made it known in the past that they won't stay with WWE if there is blood. - I believe Mattel is the big one.

Edited by Generations

RE: Blood. This is what I’m referring to: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/triple-h-blood-isn-t-necessary-it-would-be-irresponsible-go-back

Triple H: "The world has changed. The world has evolved. I don’t think it’s necessary. If we have talent that gets [cut open], usually you’ll see them roll out and they’ll get looked at to make sure that there’s nothing dangerous. I’m just of the opinion right now, given the state of the world and the pandemic, and at the end of the day, what we do is dangerous enough without intentionally making it more dangerous. Yes, we did [feature bleeding] for a long period of time, but we’ve changed that practice. And it’s irresponsible to go back."

This quote from him makes it sound like it’s a safety/ethical issue rather than a sponsors thing (although frankly I still think they do play a part). It’s a dumb response regardless because they do waaaaaay more dangerous shit on their programming than someone slicing their forehead and bleeding. Seriously, reading this quote is getting me worked up again. lol What a bogus remark.