WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit:pwinsider 

Fox issued the following today: 

FOX remains committed to reaching a fair agreement with DIRECTV for the continued distribution of our networks. Despite our best efforts for months, we regret that DIRECTV continues to demand unprecedented special treatment that represents a wholesale change to our long-standing relationship and is out of step with marketplace terms.

As such we are compelled to alert viewers who are DIRECTV, DIRECTV Stream and U-Verse subscribers that they could lose access to their favorite FOX programming beginning at midnight, December 2, including the NFL on FOX, the Big Ten College Football Championship on FOX, the FIFA World Cup™ on FOX and FS1, FOX local news, and more.

While FOX continues to seek an agreement benefiting all parties, our priority is ensuring viewers’ ability to access all FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment and local FOX station programming

Deals like that are always bullshit.

Especially weary when it comes to Fox of all corporations. They just want to rally their viewers to harass DirectTV for a better deal. - Classic example of deflection. They probably demanded more money and DirectTV said no, so they pass the bullshit onto the viewer and make people feel like they are the ones who need to "demand" their channels.

Edited by Generations

Credit:pwinsider

Conflicting rapports of Regal's status/aew contract it seems

All signs are that William Regal, 54, will be World Wrestling Entertainment-bound shortly.   Although we have heard nothing official from the company, there have been rumblings within WWE of late about Regal returning in a backstage role.  That would mean Regal would be exiting AEW, where it certainly appeared that he was written out of storylines last night on Dynamite, having been attacked by AEW Champion MJF.

Regal broke into the business in Europe in the early 1980s before being signed to WCW in 1993, where he had 4 World Television Championship runs.  Regal had several runs in WWE over the years, initially as the forgettable "Man's Man" character before hitting his stride after getting sober and having runs with the WWE Intercontinental and European Championships as well as winning the 2008 King of the Ring Tournament.  His WWE autobiography Walking The Golden Mile is among the most underrated wrestling books of all time.

In 2014, Regal began focusing primarily on WWE's developmental, appearing on screen as an announcer and as the NXT General Manager but behind the scenes, he had risen into one of Paul Levesque's trusted lieutenants.  Eventually given the official title of WWE Director of Talent Development and Head of Global Recruiting, Regal was regularly traveling to major independent events to help scout talents and bring them into the WWE fold.  He was a major sounding board for talents inside and outside of WWE and was pretty much considered to have a job for life until Vince McMahon dismantled the Paul Levesque black and gold vision of WWE NXT.

Released along with many other Levesque staffers in January 2022, Regal moved to AEW.  He debuted in March 2022, playing off his real life past as a mentor to Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley.  This led to the official formation of The Blackpool Combat Club, which eventually added Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli.  Regal turned on Moxley to set up MJF's AEW title victory.

Vince McMahon's resignation from WWE and the return of Paul Levesque to power obviously set the stage for this likely return as Regal was long considered one of Levesque's top Consiglieres. 

The only role I really have any interest in for Regal, is getting Butch to break away from Brawling Brutes...reminding him that he's Pete f'n Dunne. 

Regal is literally the perfect person to come in and say "You're going around calling yourself bloody Butch?"

Honestly...I just don't care for authority angles in WWE in general. There has been an extremely unbalanced ratio of poor GMs over the years compared to good/great ones. Regal was a good one...but the whole thing still feels a certain way to me. I just tend to prefer the storylines when there isn't an authority figure constantly directing traffic. I mean...look at the whole Bloodline story. The greatness of it lies entirely with the legitimate feeling that Reigns is in full control of the entire show. If you had a GM constantly challenging him, it would be nothing. - I enjoy simply knowing that HHH has full control, and the wrestlers basically just do their thing (unless things get REALLY out of hand). Having Regal back as an authority figure would mean that there would be regular appearances of an authority figure on the product. Which means that they would need to write for that authority figure to be...asserting his authority. It just mucks things up.

Edited by Generations

10 hours ago, Generations said:

The only role I really have any interest in for Regal, is getting Butch to break away from Brawling Brutes...reminding him that he's Pete f'n Dunne. 

Regal is literally the perfect person to come in and say "You're going around calling yourself bloody Butch?"

Honestly...I just don't care for authority angles in WWE in general. There has been an extremely unbalanced ratio of poor GMs over the years compared to good/great ones. Regal was a good one...but the whole thing still feels a certain way to me. I just tend to prefer the storylines when there isn't an authority figure constantly directing traffic. I mean...look at the whole Bloodline story. The greatness of it lies entirely with the legitimate feeling that Reigns is in full control of the entire show. If you had a GM constantly challenging him, it would be nothing. - I enjoy simply knowing that HHH has full control, and the wrestlers basically just do their thing (unless things get REALLY out of hand). Having Regal back as an authority figure would mean that there would be regular appearances of an authority figure on the product. Which means that they would need to write for that authority figure to be...asserting his authority. It just mucks things up.

I want someone to be making matches and putting heels in line when the occasion calls for it. Regal should be exactly what he was in NXT.