WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to note...they actually changed the 24/7 championship section on WWE.com to say that Nikki is the champion. They didn't just remove the tab.

So...are they keeping the belt, or are they going to delete it, but haven't got around to it? Kinda weird.

Honestly, I might have considered giving Karrion Kross the 24/7 title, with him rebranding it as something akin to the FTW title. Change the overall look of it to fit his aesthetic. Maybe even create a belt that has a functioning hour-glass built into it. (Just use it as a prop for his character). Could have had someone like R-Truth just get squashed by him to win it. Then they could have just scrapped the title history and disassociated the new belt with the old one, keeping it as an unsanctioned thing Kross defends from time to time. - Throwing it in the trash and then still acknowledging Nikki as the champion seems kinda pointless. 

Edited by Generations

People on twitter are losing their minds over Theory. :lol: I don't think Triple H has buried him, like they're all saying. It's either to turn him into sympathetic babyface or to repackage him, his selfie and naive gimmick is wearing thin now, and he needs refreshing. Coming back to Triple H "burying" him is quite funny, when he along with Regal brought him to NXT. The only way he's getting buried is if his attitude stinks backstage, but I would have thought we'd have heard something about it by now. 

I think the current situation with Theory is pretty fitting, tbh. - Vince was high on him and was planning on handing him everything on a silver platter. HHH has since redacted most of that. - I don't think Theory is being buried or held back by any of it (he's still one of the most featured faces on the weekly product). - I think it's just a reminder that he needs to actually work for things. Slowing the process is going to be hugely beneficial to him in the long run, IMO. (The kid is only 25). He has plenty of time to get better than he currently is. - And I honestly think he has a lot of work to do before he should be considered anywhere near the level of booking he had under Vince. He has a bunch of quirks that make him feel unpolished or not entirely ready, IMO. (I absolutely hated how much he rubbed his jaw and moved his mouth around when he was pretending to sell the jaw injury. It was heavily cringe, IMO). And he still gets ahead of himself on promos. - There are just small things he does that give away how green he is. Rolling things back a bit is the appropriate move for him. 

I would very much compare him to a young Randy Orton or "Chosen One" Drew McIntyre. (Just because someone has potential or talent doesn't mean it is actually their time). Vince has proven time and time again that he plays favorites with young talents who are not anywhere near ready to actually take the ball. I think Theory was just another example of this. Being able to compete with  (and learn from) names like Rollins, Kevin Owens, etc. will be invaluable in the long run. None of it has been a loss for him.

Edited by Generations

It’s not like Theory was taking over things in NXT, he was a comedy character, albeit a very good one, but Triple H must see some sort of ceiling in Theory but I wouldn’t be surprised if his current run is due to them countering all the Vince stuff and indirectly making it look like Vince took a L picking Theory as the new chosen one 

I also think the MITB contract should be retired for a bit or at least change it to maybe the winner getting the Main Event of Summerslam like the Rumble is for Mania.

Edited by BestInTheWorld614

Theory has the skills that are required to be a solidly pushed midcard talent. The guy is already more talented than a good bulk of the RAW roster as it currently stands. I much rather watch him over guys like Dom, Corbin, Otis, Ali, Omos, Lumis, Gargano, Elias, and Matt Riddle. Easily. No question. He’s better than all those guys right now in my book, so I would hope they still see him as talent to prioritize.

Theory ain't World champ material yet IMHO. Had he won it, would've probably been a transitional champ who then fell off for a while ala Randy Orton's first run (best case scenario, anyway). He only got the case cuz he was a Vince project and I think Trips is right to hold off for now.

That said, man, dude looked like an absolute idiot the way he got booked. Time to rehab him a bit.

In general, lots of choices have been making me scratch my head lately. I guess HHH is just assembling the dominos from how Vince dropped them, but I for one can't wait until WrestleMania is over and done with so they can run a draft and hopefully things can really get in the groove.

Credit:pwinsider 

11/11/2022

As of 12 PM Eastern, here are the planned competitors for the WWE Smackdown World Cup tournament:

*Braun Strowman

*Shinsuke Nakamura

*Sami Zayn

*Santos Escobar

*Rey Mysterio

*Jinder Mahal

*Butch

Ricochet