WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...it's the classic heel thing. Never been a fan of it. Also hate how Asuka and Bliss are booked. Literally should be reversed roles. Asuka crying on the floor while Bliss is all tough and "scary". Y'all remember when Asuka was a force to be reckoned with? I'd like to think that HHH would turn Asuka back into a serious competitor...but I'm not seeing any signs of hope.

11 hours ago, T-Hell said:

Sadly Damage CTRL ain't doing it for me, man. They are being booked kinda like losers. Even if they won last night, they still had to win via outside distractions. Weird considering Triple H is in charge.

Idk they looked kinda OP to me at last night’s closing segment

Credit:pwinsider 

Nxt call ups

For those who have asked where Legado Del Fantasma have been since they departed WWE NXT, PWInsider.com is told the current plan is for the group to debut for the Smackdown brand.

We are told that Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde, Electra Lopez and Raul Mendoza may appear as soon as tomorrow's Smackdown season premiere from Worcester, MA. 

There were pitches for them recently and some we have spoken to believe the group will start this week.

Wade Barrett is slated to be at tomorrow's Friday Night Smackdown taping in Worcester, MA PWInsider has learned.

Barrett has been part of the NXT broadcast team since his return to WWE and while it has not been confirmed at this point numerous sources have said that he will be calling the show along with Michael Cole

More commentary news via Variety:

WWE is shaking up their commentary teams, Variety has learned exclusively. 

Beginning with this week’s season premiere episode of “SmackDown,” the commentary team for the shows will be as follows: 

On “SmackDown,” Michael Cole and Wade Barrett will be the main commentators, with Barrett moving over from the “NXT” commentary team. Samantha Irvin will serve as the ring announcer, with Kayla Braxton and Megan Morant serving as backstage interviewers. 

At “Monday Night Raw,” Kevin Patrick and Corey Graves will the commentary team. Patrick has worked as a backstage correspondent, a play-by-play commentator for “WWE Main Event,” and the host of “Raw Talk.” Mike Rome will be the ring announcer. Cathy Kelley and Byron Saxton will conduct onscreen interviews. Kelley is returning to WWE after leaving the company in 2020. Saxton has been working on the “Raw” commentary desk along with Graves and Jimmy Smith of late. 

Vic Joseph and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T will be the commentators for “NXT” going forward. In addition to his stellar in-ring career, Booker has been on the commentary teams of “Raw” and “SmackDown” in the past in addition to working as a panelist on pay-per-view pre-shows. Alicia Taylor is the ring announcer and McKenzie Mitchell will continue as the backstage interviewer. 

For major live events, Cole and Graves will be the commentary team. 

News of the shakeups comes after popular “SmackDown” commentator Pat McAffee announced in early September that he would be taking a temporary leave from WWE to work as an analyst on ESPN’s “College Gameday.” He is expected to return to WWE upon the conclusion of the college football season.

2 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I was just about to share the same news.

In response to your query about Nigel McGuinness, he is on commentary for Level Up, alongside Sudu Shah.

Jeez, that is not the best use of his talent. I can’t believe they didn’t find him a spot on one of these new teams. What a shame.

As for the new teams, Kevin Patrick gives me pause. He’s so bland. Sure, your play-by-play shouldn’t be too colorful or have a super big super personality, but they also shouldn’t be lifeless either. They should have some flavor like Mauro who was their last good play-by-play they’ve hired since jeez… probably Michael Cole?

One of my favorites returns from injury with a new look..

WWE star Zelina Vega has been spotted at the Boston Airport in advance of the Smackdown Season premiere on FOX tonight. 

PWInsider.com has confirmed that she's written into tonight's broadcast and is sporting a new look, blonde look.

Vega last wrestled during the 4/11 Monday Night Raw episode, facing Bianca Belair.  She had been out of action since due to an injury that required surgery this past May but has made some appearances for the company since, including the San Diego Comic Con.

Since returning to WWE in July 2021, Vega became the first-ever Queen's Crown tournament winner and held the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Carmella.   

[/quote]

Edited by glennsoe

Change to nxt call up for Smackdown

WWE will be making changes to Legado del Fantasma when they make their main roster debut on Friday Night Smackdown, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Several sources have confirmed that the company's initial plans to include Electra Lopez with the group when they go to Smackdown have been dropped. 

Lopez was originally slated to be at TV tonight but we are told that over the last 24 hours, creative changed and she is not in MA. 

As of today, she is not slated to be with the group going forward even though she exited WWE NXT with them from a storyline standpoint.

As we reported earlier today, Santos Escobar, Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza have been spotted in MA and the belief is they will debut as soon as tonight