WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple H is officially retired from in-ring competition. He almost died from his heart attack.

• He had viral pneumonia. Lungs were inflamed. Got worse day by day at home. Coughed up blood. Got checked by doctors and had fluid in his lungs and around his heart.

• After being tested with an EKG and electrocardiogram, his ejection fraction -- measurement of the percentage of blood leaving your heart each time it contracts (supposed to be at 55-60%) -- was down to 30%. By the time he got to hospital, it was 22% and then 12% before surgery as he was experiencing heart failure. "I was at the 1-yard line of where you don't want to be."

• He thought it was over, wondered if he'd wake up from the procedures. Got really choked up thinking about his daughters. "That's tough to swallow. It makes you think differently about life. It doesn't make you any less driven for the things that you do, but it certainly makes you appreciate the things that you have more."

• He's retired from in-ring competition: "I'm done. I will never wrestle again."

• Triple H has a defibrillator in his chest and is still recovering.

• Stephen A. after the interview talked about how special Stephanie is as a person and wife. There's apparently a lot more on the interview that will air tonight on ESPN+.

Edited by AegisAvenger