WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that Lashley lost the title, he was a fantastic champion.
But happy for Big E.

Interesting however, people scream for years that they want Big E as champion...one week after AEW beats Raw in the Ratings, exactly that happens.
Im "suuuure" this just a coincidence, since AEW is no competition right? so its not like they paniced and decided to do the Orton vs Lashley title match and Big E cash in which was announced via Twitter...to compete with AEW, right? XD XD XD

Anyway, im happy for Big E.

1 minute ago, Mani-Man said:

But happy for Big E.

Interesting however, people scream for years that they want Big E as champion...one week after AEW beats Raw in the Ratings, exactly that happens.
Im "suuuure" this just a coincidence, since AEW is no competition right? so its not like they paniced and decided to do the Orton vs Lashley title match and Big E cash in which was announced via Twitter...to compete with AEW, right? XD XD XD

twas also an insane night of NFL football for the first Monday of the season

1 minute ago, EJ! said:

twas also an insane night of NFL football for the first Monday of the season

As long as we get better Raw episodes than we have in the recent months, im not bothered by the why.
If its AEW or NFL that puts pressure onto the WWE, as long as it makes Raw better i take anything.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

But happy for Big E.

Why is everything WWE does about AEW on this board now? lol My goodness.

6 minutes ago, AlterNation said:

Reactionary or not, I'm so happy Big E's the champ.

Exactly. As much as I liked Bob's run? I've been wanting Big E as WWE Champion ever since he went solo.

He had no chance in hell cashing in on our Tribal Chief.

5 hours ago, The Nerd said:

I…./wouldn’t have made that booking decision. I’m sorry. 

Same. I don’t like cash-ins anymore, especially for babyfaces. From a booking perspective, I also didn’t see Big E being the guy beating Lashley. They didn’t build him up enough to feel like a main eventer. 

5 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

As long as we get better Raw episodes than we have in the recent months, im not bothered by the why.
If its AEW or NFL that puts pressure onto the WWE, as long as it makes Raw better i take anything.

It’s called hotshotting.

4 hours ago, The Nerd said:

Why is everything WWE does about AEW on this board now? lol My goodness.

Unfortunately it’s been like that everywhere lately.

no need to have it closer to Mania. 

but the problem is it came out of the blue, especially when he was never even on RAW untill now lol

and Randy "politicking" his way to have the shot earlier made no sense either.

it's sad they have to scramble like this, but they have done it for the gazillionth time already anyway

Guest Fight Me.

Yes, Big E winning was random and out of the blue, but sometimes you just do things that make people happy. People were happy, and I know a bunch of people tuned in that normally wouldn't just off Big E's tweet alone. Sometimes things don't have to make sense if it's *censored*ing awesome.

Would y'all question if Cesaro won the Universal title on Friday? No! You'd be happy af to even care.

Edited by Fight Me.

I think what helps them is that they had Big E announce it and they went through with it. Usually they advertise something and find a way to get around it which I thought would happen with the cash in. If WWE just follows through with what they advertise and promote then they will be better in the long run.

The right time for Big E to cash in was shortly after winning it, maybe at Summerslam or earlier, because that's when Lashley was kinda feuding with Kofi and Xavier and it was the perfect excuse for a cash in, like some sort of vengeance for his friends. But no, they always have to give priority to legends agenda and then wait until nobody even remembered Big E was Mr. MitB.

1 hour ago, Fight Me. said:

Yes, Big E winning was random and out of the blue, but sometimes you just do things that make people happy. People were happy, and I know a bunch of people tuned in that normally wouldn't just off Big E's tweet alone. Sometimes things don't have to make sense if it's *censored*ing awesome.

Would y'all question if Cesaro won the Universal title on Friday? No! You'd be happy af to even care.

Oh yes, I would. lol This just ain’t my booking style. I’m not a “moments” guy. In wrestling, I like carefully crafted storylines that have strong, purposeful builds. They were on the right path with Big E about a year ago but then WWE lost their way during his IC title reign by staying with the Apollo feud for far too long. He needed more challengers, more wins. Then he won MITB but they didn’t have him do anything really significant. He was just floating around, barely being booked in matches. So if they had been using him, gave him strong wins, and booked him in important feuds, I would probably be all for it. But they didn’t do that. And while I’m happy that this moment carries a lot meaning for him and others, I just wish they had done more work in preparing for on TV cause it would have made the moment even stronger.

As someone who doesn’t watch the weekly product anymore, it was cool to tune it for that segment and see him win. 

However, I wish the entire angle wasn’t hot shotted and made more sense storyline wise. I actually think at SummerSlam would’ve been better personally, but oh well. Can’t hate on it.