WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Graeme Jones said:

A Tag Team Turmoil where none of these teams matter!
Karrion Kross on Moist TV!
Jeff Hardy chasing the 24/7 Championship!
Nia vs Dee Snider, I mean Charlotte Part II

What in the *Censored* man?!

Sounds like you might need a break or to just move on?

I don’t really understand why people watch or check out what they aren’t interested in.

Watching a Raw after WM is already bad, watching it after one of THE best Wrestling PPVs in the last YEARS...yeah the difference is shocking.

Im probably most pissed off about that they act now like they give a damn about the Tag Titles.
Whenever they have a big story of two wrestlers teaming up, they act like the Tag Titles are a big deal...but the rest of the year they dont give a flying pigs anus about it and just have it to pass time.

Of course hardy being in the 24/7 nonsense sucks, in general that you have a few people in there who recently even won their feuds...that sucks.
Alexa continues to be pointless without any reason why she is how she is or where this one day may go.

And the Rhea/Nikki story is one we saw 34634634 before and often done better.

So there is nothing here that has me understanding how they can have weekly 1 million viewers.
This is even outside of the Wrestling bubble, bad entertainment to me.
Just bad.

42 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Hes literally showing them he doesn't view them as a threat.

Well he should to an extent. At least improve the product and especially the flagship show. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the US and one of the top ones in the world...act like!

Smackdown is great and NXT is still good for now but you damn well know Vince can and should do way better with Raw

2 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

You would think Vince found out about AEW's exciting buzz and success from the last few weeks and especially All Out and would try to show why Raw is wwe's flagship show but guess not. It's like the opposite of motivation from any type of competition.

And that is probably the saddest thing of it all.
He has created such a comfortable bubble where the man could spit in peoples faces just for the fun, and the WWE fans would drink it.
The WWE has built such a fanbase and casual viewer audience, that every shit Raw show still gets 1 million viewers.
They dont have to try, dont have to care...because a ton of money gets thrown at them just because its the WWE.

And it will stay that way for many years.
But it would be dumb to not see the writing on the wall.
If AEW keeps going like this, the WWE is in real trouble sooner rather than later.
We are already at the point where the Networks that have WWE content, arent as happy with them...which could hurt future negotiations, meaning money.

The WWE still is far ahead of AEW for sure, but its fatal to completely ignore them because at this point it doesnt take 20+ years to catch up.
This is not WWE vs WCW or TNA...this is a different beast in a different time.
AEW can make huge jumps if they play their cards right...and that would be trouble for WWE down the line.

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Vince has to realise that "everything" is a treat to him. Other tv shows,videogames,movies and don't forget monday night fotball is starting next week.

Hell,he better worry about theire sponsors and investors and whatnot seeing Punk&Danielsson on aew. These people should be thinking:

"Hey,wasn't this guy on wrestlemania?  Isn't Punk a well known name? Why haven't they signed Punk when he was free? Wait?Danielsson chose to leave?What's going on?

If I was pouring money into wwe,I'd be worried and asking questions to where these money goes! I mean, wwe's got 2 monster tvdeals that draws less and less and they claim budgetcuts when releasing wrestlers. 

2 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Well he should to an extent. At least improve the product and especially the flagship show. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the US and one of the top ones in the world...act like!

Smackdown is great and NXT is still good for now but you damn well know Vince can and should do way better with Raw

Thats the thing, Vince doesn't view WWE as this at all. People forget he views it purely as a entertainment company. We all know the product has sucked but they keep signing deals all over the place to expand the brand. 

That is true and I often forget that. I remember it at times though like when Stone acold interviewed Vince for the wwe network and everytime stone cold would bring up the word wrestling, Vince would correct him right away by saying sports entertainment. He's allergic to the word wrestling 

Edited by Siul LXXXV

8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

keep trying to tell these folks this. that man doesn’t give a damn. if he whipped up a Jaxson Ryker main event for the RAW after All Out nobody should have been surprised. corny to say, but Punk’s pipebomb rings more and more true each day AEW thrives and WWE stagnates in the worst ways. i’m not confident things get much better until there’s sweeping change at the top.

2 hours ago, EJ! said:

keep trying to tell these folks this. that man doesn’t give a damn. if he whipped up a Jaxson Ryker main event for the RAW after All Out nobody should have been surprised. corny to say, but Punk’s pipebomb rings more and more true each day AEW thrives and WWE stagnates in the worst ways. i’m not confident things get much better until there’s sweeping change at the top.

That’s bull. When’s the last time the guy was used? And when he was used, he was total undercard talent. The guy sucks but to act like he was given a significant push like Priest is being given right now, for example, is frankly delusional.

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

That’s bull. When’s the last time the guy was used? And when he was used, he was total undercard talent. The guy sucks but to act like he was given a significant push like Priest is being given right now, for example, is frankly delusional.

you’re missing my point. i don’t specifically mean Jaxson Ryker. my point was that Vince will still book any underwhelming card/show he wants regardless of how great of an event AEW puts on. i used Jaxson Ryker as a placeholder.

7 hours ago, EJ! said:

you’re missing my point. i don’t specifically mean Jaxson Ryker. my point was that Vince will still book any underwhelming card/show he wants regardless of how great of an event AEW puts on. i used Jaxson Ryker as a placeholder.

I understood your point. My problem is you came up with a total unrealistic example to make your point. As weird as RAW’s booking is at times, something like that would indeed be a surprise. They wouldn’t put some lower-card guy they haven’t used on RAW since July in their main event. They don’t work like that. They’re not that nonsensical. I feel if you’re trashing something, it needs have some semblance of reality to give your point more credibility.