WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me (as someone not keeping up with the product) how they make sense of a guy who works for WWE being completely dead-ass broke? Does he owe money or something? If he works for WWE, should he not be receiving pay from them? Is the angle that he must keep working there to pay off a debt or something? It's kinda depressing given all the real life bullshit that WWE keeps pulling with talents. Lol.

14 minutes ago, Generations said:

Can someone explain to me (as someone not keeping up with the product) how they make sense of a guy who works for WWE being completely dead-ass broke? Does he owe money or something? If he works for WWE, should he not be receiving pay from them? Is the angle that he must keep working there to pay off a debt or something? It's kinda depressing given all the real life bullshit that WWE keeps pulling with talents. Lol.

my understanding is that he’s basically in the red. when he was king he got a pay raise and bought a lot of extremely expensive things with the money thinking he would ALWAYS be king because he’s a dumb heel, but that salary was severely decreased when he lost the crown so any money he makes from his paycheck is a drop in the bucket of paying off his debts, so now he doesn’t have much to spend on basic necessities. and of course he’s exaggerating how bad his situation actually is because…heel.

Edited by EJ!

52 minutes ago, EJ! said:

my understanding is that he’s basically in the red. when he was king he got a pay raise and bought a lot of extremely expensive things with the money thinking he would ALWAYS be king because he’s a dumb heel, but that salary was severely decreased when he lost the crown so any money he makes from his paycheck is a drop in the bucket of paying off his debts, so now he doesn’t have much to spend on basic necessities. and of course he’s exaggerating how bad his situation actually is because…heel.

Basically this, it’s just an over dramatic version of someone living above their means.

5 hours ago, AlterNation said:

What segments of RAW were worth watching besides Orton?

Only really interested in what he did unless some other notable stuff actually happened.

Priest. They’re actually pushing him properly (i.e. giving him time to kick ass, win matches, and cut promos).

Guest Fight Me.
12 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

So I’m here in Atlanta.  Just got back from the movies after watching The Suicide Squad, and they have Atlanta Falcons preseason football on FOX instead. Big W for Rampage tonight. 

I mean Rampage starts after SD anyway lol I'm excited for it but 10pm ET on a Friday will not get good ratings ever. CM Punk or not lol

Speaking of, SD was the only WWE show this week that didn't have a Rampage ad I think. Definitely saw one during Raw and NXT.

11 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I mean Rampage starts after SD anyway lol I'm excited for it but 10pm ET on a Friday will not get good ratings ever. CM Punk or not lol

Speaking of, SD was the only WWE show this week that didn't have a Rampage ad I think. Definitely saw one during Raw and NXT.

That’s not really my point. I know it starts after smackdown. But for the next 3 weeks, if they are preemempted in these specific markets, people who are hungry for wrestling on a Friday night and can’t watch SmackDown, may see Rampage coming on in the next 2 hours and may be inclined to tune in. Regardless if it’s the same time slot or not.