Official SummerSlam Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Some are acting like they're done with Bianca -- that she's dead and buried, which I find very hard to believe. So in the sense of waiting to see where Bianca is positioned in the fallout to all of this seems understandable to me.

The angle did ruin her. Obviously not her fault...but, people should be "done" with WWE, not with her.

23 hours ago, Generations said:

I just really can't bring myself to care about WWE anymore. Like...there were a few things I wanted to watch Summerslam for. Edge's Brood entrance being chief among them. But...I really just fast forwarded around and ignored most of the event. I still haven't checked out the Becky return or the Brock stuff. It just feels like such a chore to watch a program that you know is perpetually on the brink of another *Censored*-up. When you're talking about the long-term investment...why the hell should I care?

This. I hardly care anymore. It's just exactly what you said, why the hell should I invest in a feud, storyline or superstar when I know they don't. And just when something is about to take off.. they *Censored* up. No interest or investment at all from my part anymore.. It doesn't help that they won't stop firing the most interesting and talented guys either.

3 hours ago, Generations said:

The angle did ruin her. Obviously not her fault...but, people should be "done" with WWE, not with her.

“They” being WWE. “Done” being they’re not going to push her anymore. This has nothing to do with fan perception of her. My point is she will very likely continue to be pushed and featured as a top talent in the division despite what these “THE SKY IS FALLING!!!” people have to say.

Hang on. Both Kofi and Richochet had memorable moments with Brock at the RR last year.  I know I'm being pedantic but that tweet is acting like there was 0 follow up to those feuds.

And as for Nikki, what do they mean moved on from her? She's appears to be in a featured spot in the tag division now (unfortunately for Rhea, though, she's the one being screwed over). If they're referring to them moving on from her reign as champion -- well, that implies they were behind her in the first place which they never were. I'm not a fan of this sort of booking but her as champion did not necessarily make her the ace of the division. It's stupid but they never once treated her as an ace. And how can you with a gimmick like hers? It's stupid they put the belt on her in the first place with that gimmick. So complain about that, not them making the right decision to take the belt off an illegitimate champion.

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Hang on. Both Kofi and Richochet had memorable moments with Brock at the RR last year.  I know I'm being pedantic but that tweet is acting like there was 0 follow up to those feuds.

And as for Nikki, what do they mean moved on from her? She's appears to be in a featured spot in the tag division now (unfortunately for Rhea, though, she's the one being screwed over). If they're referring to them moving on from her reign as champion -- well, that implies they were behind her in the first place which they never were. I'm not a fan of this sort of booking but her as champion did not necessarily make her the ace of the division. It's stupid but they never once treated her as an ace. And how can you with a gimmick like hers? It's stupid they put the belt on her in the first place with that gimmick. So complain about that, not them making the right decision to take the belt off an illegitimate champion.

whatever follow up Kofi had was too little too late to be meaningful. and i think you got the Ricochet timeline a lil mixed up. there was the segment on Raw, then the RR moment, then the Saudi match in which Ricochet went for a dropkick, it got swatted away, suplex, F5, match over. there was no development for Ricochet afterwards, he’s been in hell to this day with the occasional fun match here and there.

and i agree Nikki was a mistake, but that’s the problem. that’s the bed they made. if you’re gonna do it, do it. she drops the title and then that’s it, she just shrugs it off and moves on to team up with Rhea. like don’t get me wrong, i appreciate the rematch clause being gone but there should at least be more meaningful, residual character effects after losing the most prestigious prize possible. Nikki should want to get the title back but she clearly doesn’t.

and as far as Bianca goes, every possible outcome that i’ve seen people say to wait for is underwhelming and insulting to fans’ intelligence. there’s no story that would justify Bianca getting squashed like that. she’s not turning heel (which still wouldn’t be justification), so she’s just gonna look like a goofball fraud and by proxy, the believability of the rest of the division suffers because we watched Bianca handle the best of challengers only for Becky to come back and squash her.

Ah my bad with the Ricochet part. You’re right, Saudi show was after. For Kofi, however you feel about the RR moment, my point was that there was an interaction; their past together was addressed in some form which that tweet made it seem like that never happened.

As for Nikki, I just disagree. The faster you wave off the the loser champion, the better. She was booked as a fluky loser who sees the positive in everything, so her swiftly moving forward to new horizons makes character sense to me. It seems appropriate for her silly gimmick.

Eh, sure it was a moment...but is that how much leash we give the WWE?
After Kofimania, after how important Alis MITB win would have been...is "adressed during the RR where they stood in the same ring" really where we let them off the hook?

Personally no, not in my opinion.
Especially the Kofi thing because it came after one of the biggest insults to fans and a worker in the recent years.
Looking at how important especially the wwe made the Kofimania...and then spit in his face after they had their moment, having a moment in the Rumble is the worst.
Never adressing it again would have been less shitty imo.
But yeah, it was something...so while the tweet in its message isnt wrong of course, the example given is wrong.

As for Nikki...the less is said about this bullshit the better.
They never intended her to be more than a merchandise act.
Vince found her idea funny and then thought that you can sell kids this shit super easy.
Thats all that ever was.
Not once were they thinking about making Nikki the face of the division or anything.
The booking made that very clear.

Kofi didn’t just stand in the ring, though. He was the first guy to withstand Lesnar’s offense and go the distance with him. And you know what? The crowd went wild when Kofi came out and they kept cheering for him during his whole time alone with Brock. The crowd loved it and was into it because of their history. So why take a moment like that away from one of the greatest Rumbles ever?

Archived