Official SummerSlam Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bianca thing is not a huge deal. It’s a simple story, she was caught off guard. I thought Cole and Pat ran that down really well. She expected Sasha, disappointed she wasn’t there, then Carmella comes out, now she has to think about defending, Becky comes out, Belair was just as excited and shocked as the fans, and then she had to defend again. It was a rollercoaster of emotions for her and she just wasn’t ready. There will most likely be a rematch and personally I want Belair to turn heel out of this. I always thought she was a better heel than face. She was a heel in NXT and I know she can play a good one against Becky.

I just really can't bring myself to care about WWE anymore. Like...there were a few things I wanted to watch Summerslam for. Edge's Brood entrance being chief among them. But...I really just fast forwarded around and ignored most of the event. I still haven't checked out the Becky return or the Brock stuff. It just feels like such a chore to watch a program that you know is perpetually on the brink of another *Censored*-up. When you're talking about the long-term investment...why the hell should I care?

Can someone explain to me the logic behind that one signature move Lashley does a lot on the outside? When he puts the guy on the fireman's carry and runs straight into the ring post? It looks like it hurts Lashley more running face first right into it. And he did it twice in a row last night. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Can someone explain to me the logic behind that one signature move Lashley does a lot on the outside? When he puts the guy on the fireman's carry and runs straight into the ring post? It looks like it hurts Lashley more running face first right into it. And he did it twice in a row last night. :lol:

It's to ram a specific body part of his opponent into the post. Like last night it was to hurt Goldberg's knee.

He usually uses it to damage the head. I think he did it to Ali or Carrillo a few times and they spun off his shoulders like crazy.

8 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

The Bianca thing is not a huge deal. It’s a simple story, she was caught off guard. I thought Cole and Pat ran that down really well. She expected Sasha, disappointed she wasn’t there, then Carmella comes out, now she has to think about defending, Becky comes out, Belair was just as excited and shocked as the fans, and then she had to defend again. It was a rollercoaster of emotions for her and she just wasn’t ready. There will most likely be a rematch and personally I want Belair to turn heel out of this. I always thought she was a better heel than face. She was a heel in NXT and I know she can play a good one against Becky.

You could have had Bianca beat Becky in 5 seconds to show Becky shes been away for too long and the game has past her. 

You could have but that’s not the story they wanted to told. They went the Bianca is inexperienced route. In the pre match video you can hear Sasha call her a rookie and they had Bianca act like a fan girl when Becky came out and also had Bianca act naive by going for the handshake. I’m not saying it’s the only story they could have told but it’s not just as simple as them beating Bianca for no reason. I see a story there and I’m willing to let it play out. If it goes the Kofi route of Bianca just moving on and forgetting about it then the decision won’t make sense to me. It’s all about the follow up.

6 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Bullshit story to tell! She ain't a rookie anymore. No valid excuses for this 

Yeah. It amazes me that people try to pull excuses from out of nowhere as reasons for Bianca getting buried, at WWE's 2nd biggest *censored*ing PPV of the year. Hilarious. 

I can buy the "Naive" story, but even then it looks dumb that the same women who withstood far stronger offensives, would go down after one move.

The "inexperienced" rookie angle...no sorry, she isnt around for a few months and this green behind the ears.
She was were she was because of how fast she learned and was adapting to tricks and stuff.
She overcame all kinds of things to become the champion...that wasnt rookie luck or some shit.

I could maybe get behind the story if it wouldnt have been so stupidly executed.
A roll up or so, a trick a "rookie" could fall for i could buy.
But it wasnt even a super hard move she took, it wasnt a instant kill move against her after a hard match.
She wasnt tired or anything, the move knocking her out so hard that she could get pinned...that just looks dumb.

Archived