NXT Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like NXT has kinda made it a bit more challenging to making it big in the WWE. The NXT Roster is MASSIVE and I feel like a large number of people there on the roster has not exactly gotten over with the audience. There are a lot of girls over in NXT who are great inside the ring, but winning the fans over seems like it is more hard and difficult now than when we didn't even have NXT.

I feel like massive rosters make it difficult for a lot of them to have their on camera moments. The two women I know that have truly won over the fans are Cora Jade and Tiffany Stratton. I think the fans like Lyra as champion too.

Edited by StillDriven

I curiously wanna know exactly how long of a time does a Superstar might have to wait until they get called up to the main roster? Who would be considered the longest running NXT Star right now? I give all of the NXT Superstars on the roster their props because I'm sure the PRESSURE to win the fans over and get called up can take a toll just a little bit.

Who would you guys consider the biggest NXT Breakout star as of right now? I wonder if they have had an NXT Star that won the fans over so bad to where the fanbase is basically telling WWE to send them to the main roster. The ones that kinda breakout faster than others.

11 minutes ago, Senex Beast said:

I only keep up with NXT sometimes by highlights on wwe's youtube channel. Is Ava injured or why is she now NXT's GM? Has she even wrestled much since debuting in Schism? Haven't seen anything about her in big feuds or matches 

I'm under the impression that her training to become a better wrestler isn't going well. I also think she is struggling to find her mark in WWE.

I can IMAGINE what she is feeling right now....She is not the daughter of just any Legend, but Dwayne The Rock Freakin' Johnson. I just don't want WWE to pamper her because of who her dad is. If Ava can't deliver, she will have to be released.

• 2 weeks later...

NXT has a lot of great new talent but characters and storylines don't seem to be it anymore. I cringed at alot of hype videos, backstage promos/segments and character stuff during matches! Some good matches and stuff with certain people but alot was just ugh whatever

On 2/4/2024 at 11:06 PM, Senex Beast said:

NXT has a lot of great new talent but characters and storylines don't seem to be it anymore. I cringed at alot of hype videos, backstage promos/segments and character stuff during matches! Some good matches and stuff with certain people but alot was just ugh whatever

This is EXACTLY how I feel about Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams. In the past I have expressed my views that these two guys are great in ring wrestlers but their character personas to me are just whatever. I like the fact that Carmelo turned on Trick, I been waiting for this. I have been wanting to see them two face off in a match and now it's going to happen soon. One thing that I will say is that I am starting to wonder if Trick will end up being a bigger star than Carmelo.

NXT 2/6/24- when Carmelo came out to kick off the show what were fans chanting? I heard the boos and “FU Mello” but I couldn’t make out what else they were saying. Sounded like Justice for Trick, Mello.

Edited by dxrulzall