Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ilja and Bron are the only guys that draw me in now. I don’t like most of the personalities and how they act. It’s so scripted and cartoon. And the way things are shot and produced… it’s just so fake. It’s like watching scenes from a bad movie performed by athletes with no acting experience. I can’t watch it live anymore. Out of the wrestling shows I try to watch, NXT is easily my least favorite.

I got a question to ask and you guys can really help me out.... Is NXT WORTH getting through before heading to the main roster in regards to building a fan base and making a name for yourself in WWE? I don't know if WWE is still really bringing in people to the main roster without having to work through NXT.

NXT is a smaller crowd plus I feel like certain NXT stars barely have a lot of followers on social media. Would you guys view NXT as the best ticket to the main roster or not so much?

Depends on the wrestler’s experience. If you’re someone like Nick Aldis, you shouldn’t need to spend time in NXT. If you’re Pillman, Jr., I think it’s worth the experience.

As for getting exposure and getting your name out there, — while I think that’s less important than gaining experience and honing your skills, it does have some value.

Sometimes I feel like being a wrestler in NXT is like playing the lottery and taking a chance. For example, when Bianca Belair was in NXT? She pretty much WAS NXT in my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if she helped make NXT worth watching. Perhaps certain wrestlers have gained a lot from NXT and we probably have some that was probably sad in NXT but when they hit the main roster it was like they never went to NXT to begin with. Perhaps Bron Breakker was able to gain a lot. 

Credit:pwinsider 

Notes on a former act possibly be brought back

There has been a lot of talk within the last week about The Authors of Pain and Paul Ellering returning to make some WWE appearances soon, most likely for the WWE NXT brand.

We first heard the talk about three weeks back and over the last 24 hours there was discussions backstage at last night's NXT taping about them possibly making appearances next month, so stay tuned.

The duo were signed to WWE developmental deals in 2016 and released in September 2020.  They had announced and were promoting events under the  Wrestling Entertainment Series banner, but the first event announced was postponed and later canceled.

I just feel like getting the mass call up from NXT is such a burden. Someone like Grayson Waller is just starting to gain some traction when a year ago he was easily the MVP of NXT. If Waller got a solo call up he would have been treated like a bigger deal from the start. Like someone said above, someone with legit experience doesn’t need NXT

Vic and Booker are gonna go criminally underrated in their chemistry. Not that they are on-par, but they’re almost Monsoon and Ventura-like in Vic’s ability to play the straight-man to Booker’s unhingedness. I’ve made it clear that I’m not a fan of HBK’s NXT…I don’t see starpower almost anywhere, but I can get through even the most boring matches because the commentary is gold. Booker is hilarious for different reasons than a Ventura or a Heenan.

• 2 weeks later...