Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

AegisAvenger

This did not impress me much, if at all, sorry to say. The gameplay looks extremely simplistic, the choices seem interesting but I have my doubts they're going to effect the story in tangibly big ways, and my god could the characters just shut up for five goddamn seconds during gameplay please? Your player base is not made up of toddlers, you don't need to jingle keys in front of them constantly to keep their attention, you do not need to be afraid of five seconds where no one is saying some stupid one liner.

9 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

We only play as Star-Lord... the developers explain why.

Wow those are some impressive buzzwords and corpo speak. I'm surprised they didn't shoehorn the word "technology" into it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, Jeb ? said:

They made it sound like we can only play as Star-Lord? That defeats the purpose of a GoTG game lol

I take everything back, this game is awesome lol. Just finished it yesterday

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Siul LXXXV said:

I was surprised Guardians of the Galaxy got nominated multiple times at the game awards and even won one (forgot which). I assumed it would crash and burn like Marvel's Avengers as it was done by the same developers at square enix wasn't it?

Eidos helped with, I think the campaign on Avengers. I don't think they had anything to do with the live service bit. Could be wrong though. 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:14 PM, Siul LXXXV said:

I was surprised Guardians of the Galaxy got nominated multiple times at the game awards and even won one (forgot which). I assumed it would crash and burn like Marvel's Avengers as it was done by the same developers at square enix wasn't it?

Crystal Dynamic made Avengers. Eidos Montreal did Guardians of the Galaxy. Eidos did help a bit on Avengers but they weren't the main team developping it since they were focused on GOTG.

• 2 months later...

Archived