E3 2021

Senex Beast

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice showing from Nintendo. Notably missing Mario Kart 9 or Switch Pro. But...they showed everything else that was expected, and even a few things that weren't. Tekken in Smash is cool. Finally a charatcer I care about. And the surprise drop of Metroid platformer, new Warioware, and new Mario Party...all awesome stuff. I'm probably still more hyped about Xbox side of things. Forza Horizons 5 is pretty impossible to top for me. Plus, Game Pass getting absolutely everything day one. BUT...a very good show from Nintendo. And this is why I main both Xbox and Switch while keeping Playstation for exclusives. Right now, it seems like PS has God of War to offer and not much else. Buying a PS5 just for GoW is gonna suck...but, I guess that's what I will eventually do.

without hesitation i can say this has been the most disgraceful E3 i have ever witnessed. what the hell did these developers/publishers think would be the reaction to their lack of content? “wow cool! nothing!” maybe we can blame it on the pandemic but clearly nobody is forcing anyone to come to E3 so why not skip it if you don’t have anything to show instead of wasting our time?

Should have just been Xbox, PC and Nintendo Direct with the big developers/publishers partnering with the them. It's good that EA is doing their own thing next month and WB showcasing their DC games at DC FanDome again later this year.

Bethesda are probably happy they can unify their E3 conference with Xbox now!

games coming soon that i’m for sure buying, no questions asked: Halo and Forza soon as i get an X, Far Cry 6, Riders Republic, Replaced, SIFU, and Battlefield (as much i hate it not having a campaign)

games i’m cautiously interested in, but will probably wait for reviews or to see more from: Evil Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, Atomic Heart, and i guess Starfield (not a huge Bethesda fan but i it got my attention)

E3 was an utter shitshow with a few gems hidden in it. Elden Ring of course looks amazing and I fannot wait for January, STALKER 2 looks good, BOTW2, and Starfield... well, Bethesdas gonna have to do more to convince me after all their *censored*ups in the last few years.

But seriously Bandai? an entire conference for one single game? What in the blue *Censored* were you thinking?

As far as the rest of the year. I'll be buying Battlefield 2042 and WWE 2K22 while downloading Flight Simulator, Back 4 Blood, Halo: Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Gamepass

I'd consider buying Evil Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy if they're on a black friday or christmas sale on the digital xbox store

EA is doing their conference on July 22nd and DC games will be showcased at DC FanDome on October 16th. I wouldn't be surprised if their Harry Potter and other games sneaked into even during a filler stream spot as Mortal Kombat 11 dlc and Mortal Kombat comics were promoted like that last year 

sending well wishes to all of you who want a Series X to be able to secure one. a Gamestop 35 minutes from me just happened to have one.

i been real lucky to be able to get both next gen consoles in the flukiest ways lmao. i got my PS5 from a clothing store 

5 hours ago, EJ! said:

sending well wishes to all of you who want a Series X to be able to secure one. a Gamestop 35 minutes from me just happened to have one.

i been real lucky to be able to get both next gen consoles in the flukiest ways lmao. i got my PS5 from a clothing store 

I'll grab a Series X some time if I find my PC isn't cutting it but at the moment i've got a line up on a 1080 so I should still be good for a while. I got really lucky getting my PS5 although both controllers I got with it have been giving me troubles so I'm waiting on one of the new black ones to arrive.. was supposed to arrive tomorrow but surprise surprise, Canada Post *censored*ed it up.

I love the reactions to Kazuya in Smash. It's Terry all over again. Even funnier when you remember most of the people crying want Geno.

Overall, it seems like Nintendo was the only thing of worth. The direct was pretty good. Smash was a given and Kazuya, while not one of my personal picks, is a great addition and I loved the trailer. Metroid Dread looked sick and is making me wanna really get into Metroid. I know a lot of people wanted Advance Wars back, so that's cool and it looks interesting (and now there'll be the obligatory Advance Wars for Smash stuff). *censored*ing Dnganronpa is finally on Nintendo. SMTV looks great and someone pointed out that it's using Tokyo Mirage Session's UI, which is neat. Also not surprised that the MC is now apparently femboy waifu/husbando of the month. BotW sequel looks really good and I'm interested in what else they do with it. Still no Genshin, though. Damn.

Archived