E3 2021

Senex Beast

After a year off, E3 returns in 2021 as a “reimagined, all-virtual” event. This year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo runs June 12-15, and promises appearances from Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games, Sega, Bandai Namco, and more.

While the show won’t have a physical presence, the upside is that anyone and everyone can attend E3 by watching the press conferences, digital showcases, and other livestreams that will take place in June (and beyond). The Entertainment Software Association, the trade group that runs E3, has built a web portal and app for E3 that anybody can use to watch everything unfold — fan registration is now live https://e3expo-portal.com/#/login

(or just watch on twitch/youtube)

SATURDAY, JUNE 12

E3 organizers say that the event will officially kick off Saturday with a broadcast pre-show at 1 p.m. EDT/10 a.m. PDT. Ubisoft and Gearbox Entertainment will hold press conferences that day.

UBISOFT FORWARD

Ubisoft Forward 2021 will showcase a variety of upcoming Ubisoft titles on Saturday, June 12, at 3 p.m. EDT/12 p.m. PDT. A pre-show will begin at 2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT, with news about updates for games such as For Honor, Watch Dogs: Legion, and The Crew 2.

The main event will feature the first gameplay footage of the next Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six game (a co-op title formerly known as Rainbow Six Quarantine). Ubisoft will do a “deep dive” on the game in its Ubisoft Forward post-show, which goes live at 4 p.m. EDT/1 p.m. PDT.

We can also expect appearances from previously announced games like Far Cry 6 and Riders Republic, and updates on new content for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Rainbow Six Siege. Ubisoft will also discuss projects from its Film & Television division, such as the upcoming movie Werewolves Within.

GEARBOX ENTERTAINMENT

Borderlands developer Gearbox Software will hopefully have plenty to show during a press conference Saturday.

SUNDAY, JUNE 13

On Sunday, E3 2021 viewers can expect presentations from Microsoft, Square Enix, Warner Bros. Games, and 24 Entertainment.

The PC Gaming Show and Future Games Show also stream Sunday. A broadcast pre-show starts at 11:45 a.m. EDT/8:45 a.m. PDT.

XBOX & BETHESDA SHOWCASE

Microsoft will hold its E3 games showcase on June 13 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT. The Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase will be streamed live on Xbox’s Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook channels, and will focus “on games from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and many game creators from our partners around the world.”

SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS

Square Enix’s event will begin at 3:15 p.m. EDT/12:15 p.m. PDT. The 40-minute show will feature the announcement of a new game from Eidos Montréal, an update on PlatinumGames’ Babylon’s Fall, a closer look at Life is Strange: True Colors and Life is Strange Remastered Collection, and details on the Black Panther - War for Wakanda expansion for Marvel’s Avengers.

MONDAY, JUNE 14

E3’s Monday show kicks off with a broadcast starting at 11 a.m. EDT/8 a.m. PDT. Capcom, Take-Two Interactive, Mythical Games, Freedom Games, Razer, and unannounced indie developers will have presentations throughout the day.

CAPCOM AND TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE

Capcom will deliver a presentation on Monday, focusing on its upcoming slate of games. Officially, Capcom has the Great Ace Attorney Collection, Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR, and Pragmata on its release list. But Capcom also reportedly has more Ace Attorney and Resident Evil games in its plan, according to a leak.

Take-Two Interactive will also have a showcase, with details forthcoming.

TUESDAY, JUNE 15

The final day of E3 2021 kicks off at Tuesday with a broadcast pre-show that starts at 11 a.m. EDT/8 a.m. PDT. Nintendo, Bandai Namco, and others will have events.

NINTENDO DIRECT & TREEHOUSE LIVE

Nintendo will hold a new Nintendo Direct presentation at E3 2021 on June 15, where the company plans to reveal new details on upcoming Nintendo Switch games. Nintendo will then offer a longer look at its Switch lineup in a new Nintendo Treehouse Live immediately following the Direct livestream.

Nintendo’s E3 2021 Nintendo Direct will air at 12 p.m. EDT/9 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, June 15, the company announced Wednesday. The presentation will run “roughly 40 minutes” and focus on Nintendo Switch software “mostly releasing in 2021.”

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things I mostly want are

Sly Cooper[Edit, So apparently there is a Sly Cooper Easter Egg in Ratchet and Clank, fingers crossed a remake is on the way]

Ace Attorney, hopefully AA7

Something Bioshock related, Extremely doubt it but Bioshock VR would be freaking amazing 

Doubt it but Fallout 4 announced for PSVR

Marvels Spider-Man 2

Injustice 3 or the Marvel vs DC fighting game that's rumored to happen 

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 remake 

Just a tease of the next Rockstar game, I mainly want Bully

Also a new release date for FNAF Security Breach would be nice

There seems to be some real indication of a Marvel vs DC game in the style of Injustice/Mortal Kombat from NRS.

I don't know if it will happen...but, it's apparently not as far of a stretch as it should be.

If it does happen, it will be my reveal of the show.

There have been rumors of a DC vs Marvel game for a while now but I just don't believe it. Cross over events have happened in the comics but don't think there's a good chance of a game cross over. I'd geek the fu*ck out it actually happens though!

I'm simply expecting Injustice 3 announced and I am excited for that but would be even more hyped if it's an all new story that features earth 1 characters like the first game than an all elseworld game like the 2nd game 

I don't think it's that much of a stretch, tbh. You're talking about Warner Brothers and Disney cutting a check. That's about it. If it will do good business for both, then I don't see it as an impossible endeavor. Plus, WB already has a pseudo relationship with Disney via Hulu. It's not like the old days where Marvel and DC were direct competitors. In 2021, we're seriously just talking about two corporations doing business. 

most games i was looking forward to are either likely being shown another time (WWE, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad, God of War) or the developer usually doesn’t bother with E3 (Rockstar, Naughty Dog), and Ubisoft refuses to give me my Splinter Cell so i guess i’m just down to see some new single player IP and maybe some stuff from last year like Crimson Desert and Plan 8.

holding out hope EA gives a look at Skate 4 and hopefully a new single player Star Wars game. i’m somewhat interested in Starfield even though i know Bethesda games aren’t really my thing, but maybe this’ll do it for me.

nothing for me so far. i wish i had a wider range of gaming interests beyond just the big triple A games because i know there are people watching these reveals with the biggest smile on their faces

Archived