Official NXT TakeOver: In Your House Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

bbclduT.png?1
Date: 13 June 2021, 8 PMET/5 PMPT
Venue: Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE PC)
#NXTLoud Theme: def rebel, Naomi Fox - In Your House (2021 Remix)

NXT Championship Match
Fatal 5-Way Match
Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne vs. Karrion Kross (c) (w/ Scarlett) vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O'Reilly
wLnxFWd.png

NXT Women's Championship Match
Singles Match
Raquel González (c) (w/ Dakota Kai) vs. Ember Moon
fVYGYe6.png

NXT North American and Tag Team Championship Match
Winners Take All Six-Man Tag Team Match
MSK & Bronson Reed (c) vs. Legado del Fantasma
VNyGNd1.png

Million Dollar Championship Match
Ladder Match
Cameron Grimes vs. LA Knight
6OPqv6G.png

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Mercedes Martinez vs. Xia Li (w/ Tian Sha)
bM9VUAa.png

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn this looks like a regular weekly show. Feeling like NXT has hit a wall. The title contenders are largely the same just shuffled around. This main event will be great but lacks of creativity. I honestly don’t know what they need to do but this show needs a change desperately. 

37 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Damn this looks like a regular weekly show. Feeling like NXT has hit a wall. The title contenders are largely the same just shuffled around. This main event will be great but lacks of creativity. I honestly don’t know what they need to do but this show needs a change desperately. 

I haven't watched the main show in weeks, but sadly NXT neither. I feel like Vince got some of his bad influence there and the show is suffering for it. It's still better than Raw or SD, but it's not as good as before.

I think NXT has been hurt by their rushed booking during the “Wednesday Night War” era. They didn’t spend a lot of time building characters like they did before hand. Too many rushed feuds and not enough character spotlights. They are starting to get back to that with guys like Swerve so I believe this is just a lull due to their booking style.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, Jeb ? said:

NXT North American and Tag Team Championship Match
Winners Take All Six-Man Tag Team Match
MSK & Bronson Reed (c) vs. Legado del Fantasma
SEUj0HP.jpg

Million Dollar Championship Match
Golden Ladder Match
Cameron Grimes vs. LA Knight
iMrV1I0.jpg

27 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

MSK and Reed aren't dropping the titles this soon in their reigns, are they? Also who the *Censored* is invested in LA Knight.. at least Grimes is kinda funny, just kind of..

I am. The guy oozes charisma and has the gift of gab.

26 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Loveeeeeeee the idea of a winner take all match. 

Eh. I think it’s dumb of Reed to agree to a match where he could lose his singles title to a team of guys. Like really dumb. And then, if the babyfaces win, whoever doesn’t gain the fall, retains their title despite not actually beating their opponent? Like if Reed pins Escobar, then MSK just retained their belts without actually beating the tag team that wants their belts. That’s sketchy shit.

I haven't been as invested in L.A. Knight as when he was on Impact and NWA Powerrr but I'm still a fan and him with the million dollar championship could be interesting. He has the right balanced charisma and humor to my liking while Grimes is too goofy for me and am not into his rich gimmick. 

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I am. The guy oozes charisma and has the gift of gab.

Eh. I think it’s dumb of Reed to agree to a match where he could lose his singles title to a team of guys. Like really dumb. And then, if the babyfaces win, whoever doesn’t gain the fall, retains their title despite not actually beating their opponent? Like if Reed pins Escobar, then MSK just retained their belts without actually beating the tag team that wants their belts. That’s sketchy shit.

I have a feeling this match is a way to have MSK end their feud with Wilde/Mendoza but keep Reed/Escobar going. I think it works bc you don’t have Escobar take the pin and get a rematch but MSK can move on to either Ciampa/Thatcher or GYV

Yeah, it’s same the mentality behind the plethora of multi-man (title) matches we’ve been getting everywhere as of late. And it’s bullshit. It’s cheap, unfulfilling booking. Here’s something radical: why not have Reed... gee, dunno... beat Escobar in a singles match by himself?

?

And then have the guy move on to someone else. I mean, isn’t this what the end result will be anyway (at least it should be, Reed should be getting the stronger push since he’s your new babyface champion)? Why prolong the feud that doesn’t need to be prolong? WWE does this all the time and it’s so formulaic and tiresome. Escobar will survive and Reed will come out looking stronger. Stop cheapening your product by doing the same gimmick shit over and over again while not getting guys over as much as they should be.

16 hours ago, Generations said:

IYH is goofy, tbh. I think they should drop it after this. It was kinda neat as a throwback...but it's really not something we need on any sort of recurring basis. 

It's kinda goofy but it was a big part of wwf history in the next generation and attitude eras. It has a legacy of big matches and moments as it was a monthly or bi monthly ppv event. It fits to have something from the next generation era for NXT and it's definitely nostalgic for someone like me, who started watching wrestling in 1993 or 1994 and so I was there for IYH when it started in 1995 until it's last one in 1999. Some, my parents ordered for me and others I waited until it was available to rent at Blockbuster or Hollywood Videos!

I appreciate these throwbacks but that said, I enjoy the WCW throwbacks more as I think it's cooler and I just mark out more for War Games and Halloween Havoc! I'd love to see NXT: Great American Bash, Bash at the Beach, War World 3, SuperBrawl, Fall Brawl, Souled Out or Starrcade. I know WCW 2000 shouldn't ever be honored but I wouldn't mind NXT: Mayhem

I'm all about the themed shows when it comes to holidays and seasons. I want more summer themed shows. With the exception of the indies doing boardwalk shows, and the once-in-a-blue-moon baseball stadium shows for places like RoH and NJPW, we don't get nearly enough big summer feel for wrestling events. Halloween Havoc is always a great theme as well. 

1 hour ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Escobar lost his mini feud with Kross, lost the CW title to Kushida. He needs to be protected to a certain extent. That’s why I understand not going the traditional singles match right away.

But they're prolonging the inevitable, no? Escobar will be losing this feud, right? If they're smart and care about pushing Reed that's what's going to happen. Why add these cheap, contrived obstacles to "protect" the guy and lengthen a pretty tepid mid-card feud? Let Reed plow through his first opponent and be done with it. It's more effective that way. All they have to do with Escobar after his loss is to give him something pivotal to do. That's it. It's not that difficult. By protecting Escobar in this manner, all they're doing is wasting our time and making Reed's push less effective.

Fair point but who would you have feud with Reed right now? All other things being the same, who is not in a story that should face Reed? Swerve, I think they are building him for more. Theory, already got squashed. Nothing wrong with extended the feud with Escobar and then Reed moving on to someone who will probably get moved down the card from the next main event.

Archived