5 Most Important Things To You For 2K22

Senex Beast

Thorough bug testing

CAW mode with the image uploader working perfect and the blank mask I need to make my lucha guys

Video creator I use to get shots of wrestlers on the mic to make my stories for my CAW show

CAWs I can download from CC without needing things from showcase mode

And finally: a mode where you can push a button that transforms you into a millionaire in real life

*last part was a joke*

Bugs-- No more crashes. No weird spastic shenanigans. No simple glitches that shouldn't happen

Gameplay--  in particular collision detection and smoothness. The game has gotten clunkier over the years. We're at a point where just trying to hit a running clothesline or  irish whip rebound grapple is a chore. Why is attempting a suicide dive so unreliable when 20 years ago in No Mercy i didn't have to wonder if it would work or not.  

A.I-- I feel like the A.I has played the same for a decade. If anything difficulty wise, its regressed. I feel like the older games were harder. Now the only time i lose is because of the stupid pin mini game. Not so much because i deserved to lose. Its mostly me kicking the A.I's ass for 10 mins...and then they get a surprise pin on me and i lose because i didn't press a button quick enough. Its gotten better with some of the personality traits. Because now some wrestlers will be cowardly and roll out the ring etc. But there is still not enough variety. Fighting Big Show and fighting Rey Mysterio is still too similiar. The only difference is the immovable object skill making Big Show harder to knock down. And Rey having more high flying moves. But at their core they are the same. At the starting bell, no matter the opponent the A.I walks right towards u to engage. If you roll out the ring, the A.I automatically follows u. They just all do the same thing.

Content-- Its cool that they keep old arena parts, clothing parts etc in the Creation modes. But if the parts for WrestleMania 13's arena is in the game. Why don't u just give me the WrestleMania 13 arena? Why must we have such limited amounts of arenas when they've previously made them before in other games. Why do i get 20 Charlotte Flairs or Daniel Bryans that all look the same, but i can't have King Booker and Harlem Heat booker T? Why do i not get American Badass Taker and Ministry Taker. Give me 4 attires per wrestler just like No Mercy would. Give me a backstage attire for every wrestler. Give me more match types. With all the gimmick matches in wrestling history we only get HIAC, Steel Cage, Ladder and Elimination Chamber.  Theres got to be more than 4 we could have.

Universe Mode-- This should be the main focus of the series. Forget about the dumb Showcase thing. Forget about the terrible My Career mode. No 2K Originals. Put all the energy into making Universe fun and functional. Bring back Create-a-Story and allow us to import our creations to use in Universe. And get rid of the create a Show nonsense that just makes everything more difficult. If i want to have the same RAW arena as i have in Universe but just with a different theme song and 80's filter u gotta jump thru all types of hoops. (also separate the rosters. When im picking participants for a SmackDown match, i don't want to scroll thru everyone in the game...the whole RAW roster...14 versions of Charlotte just to find the ppl on my SmackDown roster)

More options for universe mode like changing promo spots to cut scenes for like instead of having one promo spot you could change it and be like have a cutscene backstage of you're being attacked

A more creative match creator let me have two matches at one like a hell in a cell ladder match

More weapons underneath the weapon wheel stuff we haven't seen it before like a cookie sheet or a stop sign the ability to use a ringbell as a weapon again thumbtacks

Better entrance props and ability to have entrance props like in no mercy where you can pick like a steel chair to carry out a ring

Better stage props some of them are worthless like they don't fit

Rivalries that can be one-on-one two on two three on three four and four makes stables and factions a bigger thing in universe mode

A lots been said so i'll say one thing I definitely want to see, personally.

The weird little nonsensical issues and stupid limitations in the creation modes gone. I'm talking that stupid line down the back of CAWs, weird cut off on logo placement, material disparity, bring back proper mirroring, no more moves being locked off arbitrarily from certain categories, fix the ever loving *Censored* out of create a championship.

And while we're at it. Let us have multiple entrances and movesets for CAWs depending on their attire for gods sake. They had this right in one very specific way for like one specific game (demon balor when it was actually a proper alt attire for Finn), I don't understand why on earth they can't do this.

Also a new running animation and speed that doesn't feel like a light leisurely jog would be nice, too. If i'm sprinting at you full force to knee you as hard as I possibly can in the face, I don't want it to seem like i'm just taking a morning constitutional.

Oh yeah, crowd noise is awful, especially in the less huge arenas where they use the smaller crowd noise and it becomes super obvious how much the same effects are repeating.. and also that one annoying asshole who screams the same thing in every entrance.

Much like real life, lack of crowd noise can take you out of a match. The Thunderdome era was especially hard to watch because of it and it’s why I don’t care that there’s crowds in the game instead of screens. Crowd noise, or lack thereof, in these games has been awful. Particularly during entrances....people are virtually coming out to crickets. I want big crowd reactions for everything. I would rather the crowd react to everything as if it were a five star match as opposed to little to no reaction at all or constant booing during matches. For the upcoming game, crowd noise is gonna be an important part of the gameplay to me that they haven’t seemed to take into account over the years and I wish they did.

1) Menu interface. It needs a complete overhaul. Play 2k19 and then jump to SvR06 and you'll see a vast difference in quality and accessibility, it's astounding. 

The character select screen can be so much better. SvR11 was really good at this with icons of all superstars displayed on the screen at once. It looks neat and makes superstar selection super quick.

2) Gameplay. It's about time they fix the balance between simulation and arcade-style gameplay. As it stands currently, the gameplay mechanics are all over the place. There's so much suggested depth to these systems but most of it amounts to nothing. Superstar stats end up feeling meaningless, and a lot of functions lose their purpose altogether. Does it matter how 'prideful' or 'respectful' my superstar is? They should get rid of unnecessary mechanics in favor of a smoother experience.

At this point I'd even prefer two buttons for reversals, like in the earlier games, only because it made things a bit more challenging.

Also, weapons need to feel like weapons. I never feel inclined to use a steel chair in 2k19 because my dropkick does the same amount of damage...? Why can't the developers see that? I need steel chairs that feel as they did in Here Comes The Pain. Give me moments where the referee being knocked-out presents new opportunities. Give us real interferences from faction members. Surely it's not a new concept for a wrestling game.

3) Universe mode. There's not much to be said about this one, but there is so much room for improvement. I want to spend hours on this mode, but I need more cutscenes, branching paths and unpredictability.  It's also too slow and cumbersome.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:35 AM, eastcoastkody said:

Universe Mode-- This should be the main focus of the series. Forget about the dumb Showcase thing. Forget about the terrible My Career mode. No 2K Originals. Put all the energy into making Universe fun and functional. Bring back Create-a-Story and allow us to import our creations to use in Universe. And get rid of the create a Show nonsense that just makes everything more difficult

Agreed wholeheartedly with these points. I think Universe should be properly treated as the central mode of these games, and if they can sacrifice Showcase in order to realize half the potential that this mode possesses, then I'm in.

I loved create-a-story too.

I've mentioned that the roster is very important to me and there's two things I want to specify. I don't mind duplicates and even have a wishlist for those but 2K needs to chill with like 5 or something versions of people that are all very similar with the only differences being a different attire or hairstyle and being from different matches! Also, alternate attires and duplicates really need to simply have the wrestler's name during entrances and victories than like Kane 2002, $1000 shirt Rock and Retro Undertaker. 

Creation Suite Improvements-No more restrictions or limitations to creating CAWs especially on new consoles. More parts, hairstyles. Story Designer and a move creator should be added. No moves removed from 2K19 and 2K20, including all the DLC moves from those games (or if some moves are to be removed, at least have a proper replacement for each move). Same applies to CAW parts DLCs.  CAWS should look as good as in game wrestlers.

Bug Testing

Improved Gameplay  There could be sliders for various sim and arcade features.

More match types like slobberknocker. Improved default camera. Camera should be closer to the action. Improved sound effects and crowd reactions  All wrestlers including CAWs should be able to gasp and grunt during moves like submissions (both wrestlers in the move).

More legends and more caw parts from legends like Gangrel’s shirt and entrance. Brood entrance and some music like the Brood’s.

Archived