AEW moving from TNT to TBS in 2022

Generations

While we’re looking forward to our arrival on TBS, we’re not saying goodbye to our original and current home of TNT, which will air four new special supercard events annually. Plus, the financial upside to our new agreement will give us the opportunity to continue to invest in and grow AEW to serve the most important people in our industry: our fans, our wrestlers, our staff and our sponsors. With All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite and Rampage taking center stage via our new agreement on TBS next year, and the new quarterly supercards launching on TNT, our exposure and our opportunities to grow AEW are greater than ever!”

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1235846-aew-dynamite-moving-to-tbs-in-2022-new-series-aew-rampage-debuts-in-august?fbclid=IwAR3PToWASCsz5pnfvD-mFUpiXXO1rlAUVMnE6e9WNK2PM6zhoQS-qVUETmw

I'm guessing the TNT title will be rebranded as the television title, and will have TNT and TBS sideplates, similar to the old NWA television title.

TNT is probably too hectic with the NBA stuff. Which was pretty much a forgone conclusion from the beginning, tbh. Anyway, a proper second show should be nice. Supercard events sound good too.

I always viewed TBS as the channel places leave on in waiting rooms, mainly reruns and a ton of old movies with more recent attempts at original programing. Its just really weird they would do a TNT belt and than be taken off TNT. I don't think they had a big bump in ratings when NXT moved.

They will still be doing 4 big "super shows" on TNT...so they might just keep the TNT title the way it is. Technically, they will be on TNT 4 times a year, and the 'TNT' name fits with the Dynamite gimmick also. Hard to say what they will actually do with that belt, tbh. Like I said...I think a television title with both TNT and TBS plates would be cool. But...who knows. They could keep using the current design and have it make a relative amount of sense. If it was me, I'd have a TNT title match on the final episode that will be airing on the TNT network, and I would present the new television title to the winner of that. Then I'd sign off with a shot of the old title and the "this has been a presentation of TNT" lower third.

I don't think aw is going to do any better on TBS since they also have to deal with baseball I'm not sure when that comes on on TBS and when March madness rolls around and as for rampage unless they're going to get rid of one of their YouTube shows I don't think people are going to be that interested in 1 hour show specially if there's no connection between dynamite and rampage

Yeah, both main shows will be on TBS.

Rampage is starting on TNT in August, but both are moving in 2022.

The only thing that will be shown on TNT are the "big 4" super shows...which I'm guessing will be Fight for the Fallen, Fyter Fest, and two others.

I just really hope with this new Rampage show they put more emphasis on the name of the show and not just the AEW brand as a whole. 

I never liked how Dynamite’s logo is smaller than the AEW logo. Like no one says “hey, let’s watching WWE on Monday and WWE Wednesday!”

only reason I can see for that is they wanted to get the AEW name out there and established, but I think with 3 years in by the move to TBS, they’ll have gotten there. 

On 5/20/2021 at 6:53 PM, Bushy. said:

I just really hope with this new Rampage show they put more emphasis on the name of the show and not just the AEW brand as a whole. 

I never liked how Dynamite’s logo is smaller than the AEW logo. Like no one says “hey, let’s watching WWE on Monday and WWE Wednesday!”

only reason I can see for that is they wanted to get the AEW name out there and established, but I think with 3 years in by the move to TBS, they’ll have gotten there. 

Honestly, when WWE first started as a company, I'm pretty sure the WWE (F) logo took prominence. You're talking about a new promotion that was trying to introduce people to their brand. Also, it was their only show at the time...so it was like "AEW the show" (subtitle Dynamite). It made perfect sense at the time. It also never bothered me. But, if they change it in the future, I think that would be fine. 

AEW is going to have a major problem similar to what WCW had. Obv Turner owned WCW so it’s a little different but ultimately Turner is interested in ratings. Cody saying they are not a save for PPV company probably has more to do with TNT/TBS than AEW’s possible philosophy. It’s too much quick booking and not enough story development across the board.

They're looking to expand their roster I think that's a double edged sword more guys is good but eventually they need to know when to stop hiring new talent and use what they have cuz there's a lot of guys on the roster from the very beginning and the first show that haven't been used at all

^ Tell me one person who "has been on the roster from the first show" and has not been used "at all".

There are people who deserve prominence and are not getting it...but, there is no one who hasn't been used at all. Between Dynamite, Dark, and Elevation, everyone is being used to some degree. Also, a bunch of the people you see on AEW aren't actually signed to AEW. If you look at their official roster page, you'll see why some people are used more than others.

Poor TH2, they were part of the Hardy Family Office for like 2 weeks before Butcher & Blade needed a new home and replaced them lol I think they also have an issue of either one or the other always being hurt too.

As for Janela, unfortunately they're very start/stop with Sonny Kiss. I also think Penelope Ford added a lot to his presentation. It is weird to think he main evented one of their first shows looking back lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived