WWE Anime Series Coming To Crunchyroll

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

eO0WgY9.jpg

WWE Superstars have been animated on several occasions, but this new project could take things to a different level.

It was announced eariler today that WWE and Crunchyroll have partnered up to create a new anime series. WWE President Nick Khan confirmed this today during the company’s earnings call.

The multi-episode WWE series will revolve around some unknown plot in the anime style. The series will be hosted exclusively on Crunchyroll.

“As we continued to expand WWE’s brand beyond the ring, we remained focused on developing the slate of original programming from WWE Studios. We sold a multi-episode anime series to Crunchyroll, which is now owned by Sony.”

We’re not sure what kind of plot this series will involve or which Superstars will be a part of it. The company is trying to branch out into this new streaming platform to hopefully connect with some fans on the Crunchyroll platform.

Crunchyroll is a favorite streaming platform for many WWE Superstars. Xavier Woods, Keith Lee, and many others have commented in the past about how much anime they watch on the service.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/04/22/wwe-developing-anime-series-with-crunchyroll/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

New Japan also made an attempt at an anime a few years back with Tiger Mask W. They even had Kota Ibushi wrestle as the character for a couple months while the show was on. I recommend that on Crunchyroll if you haven't seen it yet. Might still be on NJPW World too but I haven't checked in a while lol

Archived