WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saddens me a little that they couldn’t set up shop in Orlando in terms of mocap, even if just so people could capture their own entrances. Would make a world of difference to see people actually move the way they move when walking to the ring atleast. Never gonna happen now. If I could pick one person to mocap their own entrance, it would be Sasha without a doubt. I bet Ivar isn’t gonna walk the way he does either. Not that big a deal to most people I guess. It’s all about feeling like you are who you’re playing as.

7 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

I'm hoping to see a ton of little improvements that tend to get overlooked but have been sorely needed for years now.

Yes, its always the little details that make a ton of difference.
Small improvements to modes or so can give you a new vibe and all.

7 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Totaly unrelated but damn the new footage of Darby Allen from the AEW game made by yukes looks great.

It was neat for a early version yeah, did a good job in getting people excited.

Its not just new moves I wanna see either, i'm hoping to see some badly needed adjustments to old move animations. Getting rid of that idiotic head shake in the pin combo for the sit-out crucifix bomb, adding a pin combo to Ibushi's Golden Star Bomb, speeding up and slowing down moves that badly needed it that got screwed over in 2K20, fixing animation bugs like the arm trap on the bloody cross standing version or the animation bug that occurs when you try to use the middle rope cutters pin combo, fixing the floating bug that occurs if you have a facing-away tope rope dive set as your finisher and you climb the rope facing away to use it (immersion guys, come on), a running animation and speed that doesn't look like a light jog, the frustrating way the animation plays out when moving around a prone opponent that makes lining up ground finishers goddamn impossible, corner to middle moves getting their timing fixed (there's no reason for the opponent to get up the second Shawn starts stomping for the sweet chin music instead of waiting a second or two, it just means they turn around and face him for about 3 seconds too long), etc.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

Its not just new moves I wanna see either, i'm hoping to see some badly needed adjustments to old move animations. Getting rid of that idiotic head shake in the pin combo for the sit-out crucifix bomb, adding a pin combo to Ibushi's Golden Star Bomb, speeding up and slowing down moves that badly needed it that got screwed over in 2K20, fixing animation bugs like the arm trap on the bloody cross standing version or the animation bug that occurs when you try to use the middle rope cutters pin combo, fixing the floating bug that occurs if you have a facing-away tope rope dive set as your finisher and you climb the rope facing away to use it (immersion guys, come on), a running animation and speed that doesn't look like a light jog, the frustrating way the animation plays out when moving around a prone opponent that makes lining up ground finishers goddamn impossible, corner to middle moves getting their timing fixed (there's no reason for the opponent to get up the second Shawn starts stomping for the sweet chin music instead of waiting a second or two, it just means they turn around and face him for about 3 seconds too long), etc.

some of those are easy fixes and are already fixed. others will take much longer. and some are subjective and may not even get fixed for a very long time 

Can they fix something as small as the AI actually climbing the ropes accordingly  when going for a Moonsault or something of the like? Climbing the ropes, then turning around to do the moonsault is kind of annoying to look at when there’s already a way to climb the ropes for backward dives.

edit-I think CROSS-Out already included that

1 minute ago, RickyBobby said:

some of those are easy fixes and are already fixed. others will take much longer. and some are subjective and may not even get fixed for a very long time 

Good to hear some are fixed. Which ones would you consider subjective might I ask? I'm thinking probably the bit regarding movement around a prone opponent or certain animation quirks I mentioned (which is absolutely subjective and i'm happy to admit that, I can only say what I see as a problem and understand there are far bigger things to worry about, I by no means would suggest that my opinion is the be all and end all especially on something subjective like that).

I look forward to seeing what issues I have were addressed though! I'm actually starting to feel a bit of hype again for this, which I myself am even surprised by.

43 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Can they fix something as small as the AI actually climbing the ropes accordingly  when going for a Moonsault or something of the like? Climbing the ropes, then turning around to do the moonsault is kind of annoying to look at when there’s already a way to climb the ropes for backward dives.

edit-I think CROSS-Out already included that

Nah, I mentioned a specific animation bug for a very specific instance of facing away dives but thats a good one to add.

Gotta say though Ricky, i'm glad you're back. After you disappeared for a bit I got a little worried that the Covid got ya.

Lol they showed us a live action ad of Rey Misterio and everyone went crazy thinking the game is going to be a huge leap forward. At this point I'm expecting more of the same to be honest. More than likely it will be what 2k20 should have been only in working order and with a much smaller roster given all the talent layoffs.

5 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Lol they showed us a live action ad of Rey Misterio and everyone went crazy thinking the game is going to be a huge leap forward. At this point I'm expecting more of the same to be honest. More than likely it will be what 2k20 should have been only in working order and with a much smaller roster given all the talent layoffs.

What would be 'more of the same'?

If you just watch footage of the game, it's going to look very similar. If you play the game, you're going to see and feel substantial differences.

The only true cover star this year...the man who beats his kids!!!

Nah but for real though, after the teaser it just makes sense. Rey is mainstream and can attract a lot of casuals to pick up the game. More will stop at a store if they see him on the cover than say Drew McIntyre....unless he has his facepaint and sword lol

There was an alternate cover for wwe'13 with Rey? I thought it was only CM Punk. I don't think he has been on any wrestling game cover except one of the SvR games with multiple people, which kinda surprises me if true. Rey Mysterio featured on a wwe merch product like a video game makes a lot of sense

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived