WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fiend is such an excellent video game character that you can do a lot with. I think he will be in 2K22 since he was released, his contract didn’t run out like Bryan’s. Kurt Angle is a sad loss too unless 2K struck a deal with him personally. I still maintain that the newness of this year’s roster is gonna be a breath of fresh air. The games looked the same every year, roster-wise. WWE looked the same every year, roster-wise. It’s great to think of all the new blood that could come with this year’s release. I want Meiko Satomura! Give me Walter! Give me Shotzi! Give me Dave Mastiff! Dominik! 
Dexter! Current Edge! Flash Morgan Webster! Io Shirai’s current look! The list goes on and on. It’s also a mystery what they’re gonna do with Legends. I pitched my own idea(s) but I doubt they did anything with that.

They've kinda run out of those BIG NAME legends. They've pretty much opened the door to Brock/Kurt/Sting/Warrior/Hogan/Macho/Goldberg all coming back into the WWE fold.

remember all the way back in WWE'12. They had Brock Lesnar in the game. Then months later he was back on TV.

CM Punk is probably the last big name. And the door might've been slightly open after Punk did that FOX show with Renee Young. But i think that chance is slim and none. 

I was thinking Mr. T only because he recently came back under the WWE umbrella. As we've seen a push recently of him getting lots of WWE merchandise.

If 2k21 had come out I think Gronk would've been a good guess. Because there was also a merch push with him. Getting action figures and being in the Battlegrounds game.

I had pitched an idea of getting all the pre-Hogan WWE champions in the game because it had never been done before. Doubt they listened but it was early into the Feedback Project and I’ve been pitching it for the past like 3 years. There’s still some great legends we can get that haven’t been in the games.

7 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I had pitched an idea of getting all the pre-Hogan WWE champions in the game because it had never been done before. Doubt they listened but it was early into the Feedback Project and I’ve been pitching it for the past like 3 years. There’s still some great legends we can get that haven’t been in the games.

I personally would like more classic wrestlers. But i realize that the ppl i would want are low priority.

Gorgeous George,  Buddy Rogers, Billy Graham, Antonino Roccca, Killer Kowalski etc.

It was good getting Bruno back in 2k14.  Giant Gram 2000 had a surprising amount of really old legends. Like Bobo Brazil, The Destroyer Dick Beyer and Gene Kiniski

32 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

I personally would like more classic wrestlers. But i realize that the ppl i would want are low priority.

Gorgeous George,  Buddy Rogers, Billy Graham, Antonino Roccca, Killer Kowalski etc.

It was good getting Bruno back in 2k14.  Giant Gram 2000 had a surprising amount of really old legends. Like Bobo Brazil, The Destroyer Dick Beyer and Gene Kiniski

Giant Gram reminds me that WWE needs some damn Japanese streamers in their games, preferably as ring pyro. I can definitely see Yuke’s beating 2K to the punch on that.

I wouldn’t say legends are low priority for 2K....they were doing a great job of adding legends until the 2K20 debacle. Still surprised the Rock n Roll Express made it in. The point I made in my pitch was that, in every sports game, you can play as legends dating back decades, so why can’t we have all the WWWF/WWF champions in the game before Hogan? That would be incredible to witness. And there’s a list of names who have almost never been in these games.

I wonder why we only got Bruno once and never again. I played with him all the time.

I enjoyed having Bruno in 2k14 and have been wanting him back along with some more classic pre-hulkamania stars for my legends roster. I loved that about the rosters for the Legends of Wrestling games!

There's a lot of potential for a wwe network theme that features legends from places wwe owns such as WWWF, WCCW, WCW, Classic NWA, ECW, WWF/E  and it would tie more into the " Then, Now and Forever" company slogan as they already feature current wwe and NXT and may include NXT UK now

Yeah I wanted them as DLC, not the preorder. Punk is the only preorder they’ve got this year imo. I am still convinced it’s him but I guess we’ll be finding out soon enough. Anyone else would be a disappointment unless it’s like....Owen Hart. And even then, do you trust VC with making a proper Owen Hart above a really good caw maker? I’m still disappointed about Chyna. Lol

On 8/1/2021 at 6:53 PM, CROSS-Out said:

Unfortunately i don't think even 2K knows who technically owns the rights to that engine anymore. Unfortunate because if a team had sit own with it for two years or so they coulda made some real magic with it.

Yeah imagine a yearly release of Allstars they could have perfected that engine to be near flawless, instead they concentrated on the main WWE series and butchered what was a decent gameplay engine with Smackdown vs Raw.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, eastcoastkody said:

All-Stars is a top 5 all time wrestling game. Its a crime that there wasn't a sequel. And that much like the AKI engine, its seems that the TNA Impact/WWE All-Stars engine too; is lost to the sands of time.

its a miracle that someone was able to take that base game of TNA Impact...and turn it into All-Stars. a glow up. as the kids would say

Damn sure top 5, they took a turd with the TNA game and polished it into a diamond lol

RVD recently signed a new Legends contract. And just went into the HOF. So thats not a bad option. Even tho he was just in the game not that long ago

JBL hasn't been in the game in years. Also went into the HOF. Great Khali too. 

I certainly wouldn't complain if they made it back into these games

Yeah, I was thinking this would be a good year to bring back the Hall Of Fame DLC Pack for those guys. Put any one of those names against CM Punk and Punk still wins, as far as who should be the preorder goes. Mark my words. He’s gonna be the preorder for WWE 2K, everyone is gonna speculate about his return more than they already are, and he’s gonna go to AEW. I can just see it. It would be the most CM Punk thing imaginable. Lol

the WWE action figure ppl at SDCC had just revealed a line called WWE Hollywood. Action figures based on wrestlers appearances in movies. Not sure how they were able to pull that off. 

But i'd be down for a Drax batista, Scorpion King Rock, Fezzick Andre and Jesse Ventura in Running man or Predator gear. That would be an interesting pre-order bonus at least.

I don’t understand at what point we stopped thinking Punk was the shoe-in. Because there’s a rumor about AEW? Has he put pen to paper yet? No, he hasn’t. Has he signed on for the The Wrestling Code? No, he hasn’t. If WWE, and more importantly Vince McMahon, could make peace with the Warrior and have him featured in games ever since, there’s always a chance for Punk. 

Would Bad Bunny be cool in addition to a main preorder person? Sure he would. It would get a lot of eyes that the game isn’t getting currently. You forget....I was the one making a case for why Cardi B should be a preorder celebrity. Could he be a preorder by himself? I wouldn’t think so. That would be weak. Like you already said, you wouldn’t bother preordering that, which is the opposite of the OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT reaction they’re going for, which Punk provides easily.

1 hour ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

They should do everything they can to avoid the fantasy nonsense that was not well received in WWE 2K20.

im split on that. At first i hated it. But i think there is a place for it if done right.

Its best suited to a live service game. Not DLC that will take the place of actual wrestlers and real moves. But as a bonus. Or if they replaced Showcase mode with it and put better production value into the 2K Originals it could be good. It gave us some interesting models, creation parts, arenas and animations.

52 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I don’t understand at what point we stopped thinking Punk was the shoe-in. Because there’s a rumor about AEW? Has he put pen to paper yet? No, he hasn’t. Has he signed on for the The Wrestling Code? No, he hasn’t. If WWE, and more importantly Vince McMahon, could make peace with the Warrior and have him featured in games ever since, there’s always a chance for Punk. 

Would Bad Bunny be cool in addition to a main preorder person? Sure he would. It would get a lot of eyes that the game isn’t getting currently. You forget....I was the one making a case for why Cardi B should be a preorder celebrity. Could he be a preorder by himself? I wouldn’t think so. That would be weak. Like you already said, you wouldn’t bother preordering that, which is the opposite of the OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT reaction they’re going for, which Punk provides easily.

Yeah, signing with a legit rival company that's got their own video game in the works will probably change things. He was never a shoe-in to begin with, really he was the only person left that 2K could realistically grab for the game that would make the same level of waves that Sting and others did in the past.

I'd say at this point it's not just a rumor. Every established, well sourced wrestling insider thinks he's going to AEW, AEW themselves have started to hint at it, those hints caused them to sell out their Rampage show. I highly doubt AEW would want to deal with the fallout of these rumors from their fanbase if they were false. The fact that they aren't trying to kill these rumors seems to point to Punk to AEW being true.

25 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

im split on that. At first i hated it. But i think there is a place for it if done right.

Its best suited to a live service game. Not DLC that will take the place of actual wrestlers and real moves. But as a bonus. Or if they replaced Showcase mode with it and put better production value into the 2K Originals it could be good. It gave us some interesting models, creation parts, arenas and animations.

It's best suited for Battleground, not 2K22. There's still a lot of disdain for Originals and for 2K20. 2K should be doing every thing they can to separate themselves from anything related to 2K20. Not to mention the WWE 2K games tried for a few installations to do both arcade and sim things and it left a lot on both sides frustrated with the result. Doesn't make any sense to keep doing that.

WWE doesn’t really need Punk. But 2K does. If they could get Jericho to do a Broken Skull Sessions, why couldn’t 2K ask for WWE’s blessing to strike a deal with Punk? Punk = sales and that’s all they need out of the relationship, really. Punk wants money, WWE wants money, 2K wants money. I stuck to my guns about the Fiend being in 2K20 and I was right. I’m sticking to my guns on CM Punk being the only good preorder available for 2K22. They could go for ECW preorder guys including RVD but I doubt that one. Been asking for an ECW special edition for years. Would be cool to see Sandman’s entrance again. Anyway Punk is still in the realm of possibility for me, because who the hell else is there that would be that massive? Vince doesn’t even view AEW as competition.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived