WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

11 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

Uhhh...2K themselves said the marketing would be different this year. So far, it's not any different. That .. is why I am very concerned!

Bingo.
They even go with the "It hits different" line for promotion, but so far nothing, absolutly nothing hits different.
The only thing slightly "different" is that they put their feedback project and their "we listen to the fans" on social media and promoted that more.

But other than that we have nothing that hits in any kind of way different...hell the very first footage showed the same wrestler models do the same animations like they did in the last 5-6 years.
If they can surprise me, good.
Doesnt change that they talked big about this year being different while doing the same kind of marketing, and that is not getting me really hyped so far or gives me any reason to put any faith and trust in them.

I know i sound like a broken record and rather negative, but they had 1 year and 7 months so far...and all they showed during this time outside of big promises, is them slapping higher textures and finer hair on the old models.
I just hoped that 2k20 would have been the thing that broke the Camels back and made the fans and the people working on the games, demand more.
But then you see the caw creators etc go "i just want the new game, no matter the quality" and people get hyped for no reason.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to jump down their throats just yet, we're still in July, they've still got some time to wow me; plus I put more stock in anything Ricky says over the marketing anyway; but I do hope what they said wasn't just marketing bullshit. We got enough of that in the Ledesma days.

I dealt with four crashes making just one CAW today, i am just.. so ready to be done with 2K20.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, Luchador LXXXV said:

You'll have all the info you need and want by release day! How did you all manage pre-gamecube/ps1 & 2 and original xbox days? All we had back then was magazine ads and TV commercials! Even the generation that I mentioned didn't have marketing like most games now although they did have a lot of game demos in disks you could get for free at certain stores or pizza hut. It wasn't until PS3 and Xbox One came out that gaming blew up in such a great way!

I get the doubts and skepticism on the game but you know you'll find out the roster soon enough and there will be plenty of leaks and previews with official images/videos sprinkled in by a month or weeks before release, which is enough time to decide to get the game on day 1 or not, pre-order or not and save up money. For 2K20, leakers and gaming media article previews did most of the marketing work for 2k..which is wrong but at least it's something and speaking of leakers, there are always those who get the games early by days or weeks or even a month before release that go all out on twitter, twitch or youtube and even on here answering our questions! So no need for the "give everything to me now now now" mentality.

I think we knew back in the PS2/GC era  the games were pretty solid so we didn't have to worry about glitches and all that. Some games even had demos to try them out, for sure SvR 07 and Allstars had demos that led me to buy the whole game because Iliked the demo so much. Also IGN had the classic roster reveal where think they revealed a new guy  or two every week.

1 hour ago, maskedmaniac said:

I think we knew back in the PS2/GC era  the games were pretty solid so we didn't have to worry about glitches and all that. Some games even had demos to try them out, for sure SvR 07 and Allstars had demos that led me to buy the whole game because Iliked the demo so much. Also IGN had the classic roster reveal where think they revealed a new guy  or two every week.

i too bought All-Stars because of the demo. I was playing it a ton. Even tho u could only be like ultimate warrior or something.

Sincere question. Do you remember SvR 2008?

On 7/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, Graeme Jones said:

Uhhh...2K themselves said the marketing would be different this year. So far, it's not any different. That .. is why I am very concerned!

We've been through this before. "Marketing" is not "time frame" or "rollout".

You can't say that the marketing is not different...because there hasn't been any (aside from that one tiny teaser trailer). If we get to the release window and the marketing is literally the same that it always is...then you can complain all you want. Until then...people just need to accept that it has never been typical of WWE games to be shown off until a specific time. 

2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Deadlines are never fun. 

True. But, compared to the standard deadline they had in the past (one year), they've had twice that amount of time. So...it would be more reassuring to hear that they are ironing out the fine details than to hear that they are literally rushing in the final months. Lol. Whatever. I'm not gonna stress about it. Like I've said all along, Summerslam is going to be the make or break period of time for me. Need to see what happens around then.

Yes. I really liked it, minus the wrestler abilities it was good, could have had a better roster though.

It was a bug ridden mess my dude. Only game I've seen that froze more than 2k20

29 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I guess it's been patched since  because I don't see any bugs nowadays. To be honest I played it first on the PS2 and the first thing I noticed was the new controls for running, which I loved at the time but hate nowadays. I got the 360 version a few years after it came out and didn't notice any bugs, nothing like 2k20's eyes falling out of peoples skulls and bodies becoming possessed and convulsing in mid air lol

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

That is mainly due to the Benoit murder/suicide and them having to remove a lot of content associated with Benoit with only a few months left before it was released.  From what I read he was an important part of season mode.

19 hours ago, Doink! said:

That is mainly due to the Benoit murder/suicide and them having to remove a lot of content associated with Benoit with only a few months left before it was released.  From what I read he was an important part of season mode.

The 24/7 mode is what it was called iirc. I remember the freezing on it got so bad past the first year, every cutscene would freeze.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived