WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone else said they really should reveal a superstar from Raw on Mondays, on Tuesday reveal someone from NXT, on Wednesday or Thursday reveal someone from NXT UK, and on Fridays reveal someone from Smackdown, and in between reveal legends. at least that way we'd know when someone new was gonna revealed for the NXT and NXT UK days.

15 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Five weeks out and still haven't got everything recorded and filmed? God that would be so sad.

It’s difficult to do and keep up to date when everyone keeps getting fired. They have alot of people to sneak in through the backdoor this year so filming something at the Rumble ensures they’re as up to date as possible with whomever has been released.

36 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

It’s difficult to do and keep up to date when everyone keeps getting fired. They have alot of people to sneak in through the backdoor this year so filming something at the Rumble ensures they’re as up to date as possible with whomever has been released.

So the plan is to record something that probably wouldn't' be ready to release until three weeks before release? Even earlier if you include the early release date for the more expensive versions? Really doubt that to be honest. They've had plenty of time between the original push to March and now to get something made for roster reveal.

8 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

So the plan is to record something that probably wouldn't' be ready to release until three weeks before release? Even earlier if you include the early release date for the more expensive versions? Really doubt that to be honest. They've had plenty of time between the original push to March and now to get something made for roster reveal.

It’s a unique situation they’re in, releasing during Mania season and all. I wouldn’t leave any scenario off the table but I do hope they got something in the can for us already. People are gonna shit all over them either way no matter what until there’s gameplay.

39 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

It’s a unique situation they’re in, releasing during Mania season and all. I wouldn’t leave any scenario off the table but I do hope they got something in the can for us already. People are gonna shit all over them either way no matter what until there’s gameplay.

And rightfully so as the trickle of information is reminiscent of WWE2K20 and fans are apprehensive, add in the fact the social media accounts been teasing Roster Reveals and announced three people who everyone had already seen and then gave nothing today without any reason. 

I'm not saying give us everything, I understand the drip feed tactic of info but give us a roadmap, give us some dates to look forward to between now and release date because right now it's purely selling on the fact that it's the first new WWE game in years. 

Look. Guys. I will be furious if this turns out to be a 2K20 repeat. Absolutely furious.. but I think some people are just looking for excuses to be mad at this point.

They have NEVER been quick and forefront with their marketing. This is not a new concept.

12 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Look. Guys. I will be furious if this turns out to be a 2K20 repeat. Absolutely furious.. but I think some people are just looking for excuses to be mad at this point.

They have NEVER been quick and forefront with their marketing. This is not a new concept.

While this is true, they've never had to follow up on such a disastrous release and it's totally fair for fans to feel frustrated. As I said, I don't expect the full roster, gameplay etc tomorrow because I like the build up of media to release date but some transparency would be nice. I know a lot of people complained last week that they announced an announcement but I'd like that again, knowing some sort of schedule to reveals would be nice. 

2K20 was bad. We get it; we all played it. Just kinda tired of hearing about it. I’m looking to the future and thinking there’s no way it’s ever gonna be that bad again because the hardest part ( breaking off from Yuke’s) was already done, resulting in said bad game. I gave them the hardest time when they didn’t release in October but I fully support the VC team and think they’ve got something that’s gonna wow us. What’s honestly the worst that can happen? I think we just went through that with 2K20. Things will be fine.

Prove that it isn't 2K20 and I'll pre-order. They haven't done that so they don't get my money yet. Not even close. To me, the only people they seem to have convinced are the hardcores in the fanbase that were gonna get this game regardless. 

It's gonna take more than an AMA promising change and a handful of YouTube opinions for me to actually believe that this game is worth my money.

1 hour ago, TheResidentRogue said:

While this is true, they've never had to follow up on such a disastrous release and it's totally fair for fans to feel frustrated. As I said, I don't expect the full roster, gameplay etc tomorrow because I like the build up of media to release date but some transparency would be nice. I know a lot of people complained last week that they announced an announcement but I'd like that again, knowing some sort of schedule to reveals would be nice. 

Working yourselves into a frenzy on ifs and maybes is not going to change or fix anything.

Ok,looking ahead into the future and I'm gonna ask the "CM Punk question" 

"What's next"?

Do they go back to a november release for wwe2k23 or do they stick with a wrestlemania season release?

If it's the former,that means they've likely worked on 2 games at once. Normaly I can't see them doing it,but they've had more time than usual after the piss poor wwe2k20 fiasco so who knows.

I think they would stick the release date of the game every March.

It would be better for them since Wrestlemania season release means more media coverage, advertisement, and exposure. Since they could show the game in the Wrestlemania Superstore, be able to play then buy it there. Even have the tournament during the WM weekend since the game is already a month old during that time, a lot of players joining could be used to playing the game.

October/November release does not have that much of a media presence to showcase the game since that is Survivor Series Season and even though it is part of the Big 4 PPV, it just goes by and is not that super special PPV event unlike Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

8 minutes ago, black_machismo said:

I think they would stick the release date of the game every March.

It would be better for them since Wrestlemania season release means more media coverage, advertisement, and exposure. Since they could show the game in the Wrestlemania Superstore, be able to play then buy it there. Even have the tournament during the WM weekend since the game is already a month old during that time, a lot of players joining could be used to playing the game.

October/November release does not have that much of a media presence to showcase the game since that is Survivor Series Season and even though it is part of the Big 4 PPV, it just goes by and is not that super special PPV event unlike Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

i agree it is a good tie-in leading up to Mania season. But Holiday season is when ppl buy games. Yes the ppl that were going to buy the game anyways will buy it whenever u release. Doesn't matter the month. But the ppl on the fence or casuals or just on whim spur of the moment purchases are more likely to happen near Black Friday.

for the roster, i think its kinda terrible. Because anybody that shows up in the Rumble or post Mania (which is a big time for new ppl) isn't going to be in the game. And u gotta wait till next year. Before with the Holiday release window. The DLC cut off was at least till June. So anything that happened in that Spring to Summer area was going to make it in. And post-mania till what used to be MITB was always a good time for storylines and new ppl showing up.

Granted with the old release window. We wouldnt have gotten Bronn Breaker. But thats more to do with the NXT overhaul happening late summer.

really it just sucks that they won't go to a live service model. If any other game genre was perfect for it, its wrestling. I dont need a new game every year. Just give me a steady stream of weekly content. I will pay that same $59.99 every year regardless

Agree with the holiday season but the only problem there is that usually AAA quality games release during that season. Which means the fans of the WWE games will be mostly the buyers of the game and most casuals will go to those AAA games and even the NBA game.

I think for new wrestlers showing up during Royal Rumble or even Raw/SD after Wrestlemania, it really depends on how 2K will manage it. If they can create the Fiend and his entrance in an almost 3 month window for 2K20 and add him as Pre-order bonus. I think they could make DLC characters for those new superstars. Since usually big superstar Debuts/Returns are not that many.

They could do something like what they did with Battlegrounds, include a new superstar not announced during the DLC reveal, like how they added Gronk and Dame in that game. They could include if ever there is a new big name superstar who debuted/returned during RR or Raw after WM in the final DLC pack.

Since it may be after 5 or 6 months after April when we get the final DLC Pack. There is a lot of time for them to create the model, moves and entrance for that superstar. But still this is wishful thinking. LOL

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived