WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

9 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

RB had said moves wouldn’t be a highlight this year, but what if moves are the main reveal you look forward to? Will our hunger be satiated by what we get? How could it not be fire?

Didn't he say this before the cancellation of wwe2k21 and the "delay" of wwe2k22?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Didn't he say this before the cancellation of wwe2k21 and the "delay" of wwe2k22?

He may have said it before the delay. Either way, it’s my favorite thing to look at. I can even look at 2K20’s new moves and be in awe at most of them, tempo issues aside. 

All that matters to me is that what new moves there are are good, and the speed issued from 2k20 are fixed.

Well, that's not ALL that matters to me, but regarding moves that is my focus.

What's make or break for me is the general gameplay.

When we got a peak at the controls it seems a lot changed. A gimmicky "Duck" button, the "Dodge" feature, and seemingly the return of cliché grapples meaning instead of simply lunging for a Spinebuster, you have to lock up with them first and then you let go and THEN hit a Spinebuster which looks terrible and is extremely easy to reverse.

On top of that it seems Stamina has been downplayed and the Limited Reversals seem to be gone meaning we could be back to Reversal fests.

I want to love this game but I keep thinking I seen everything I needed to see in that Top 10 video they released a few months back (not to mention the controls in general.... 2K19's were perfect that's what a majority wanted)

If it seemed like it was going to play like 2K16-2K19 I'd be day dreaming about what new moves we would get too but I oddly am not in that mode right now which is unusual with the game this close.

16 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

When we got a peak at the controls it seems a lot changed. A gimmicky "Duck" button, the "Dodge" feature, and seemingly the return of cliché grapples meaning instead of simply lunging for a Spinebuster, you have to lock up with them first and then you let go and THEN hit a Spinebuster which looks terrible and is extremely easy to reverse.

On top of that it seems Stamina has been downplayed and the Limited Reversals seem to be gone meaning we could be back to Reversal fests.

I want to love this game but I keep thinking I seen everything I needed to see in that Top 10 video they released a few months back (not to mention the controls in general.... 2K19's were perfect that's what a majority wanted)

If it seemed like it was going to play like 2K16-2K19 I'd be day dreaming about what new moves we would get too but I oddly am not in that mode right now which is unusual with the game this close.

You are conferring a lot from less than 30 seconds of gameplay, all of which was interrupted and unexplained. 

18 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

These are concerns for me as well. I like going straight into moves without having to grapple every time…. we can leave that in the past where it belongs. I’ve been big on that philosophy ever since I saw TNA Impact do it. I find it hard to believe that’s just gone. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that gameplay will continue to up the level of realism and not take massive steps back like trying to do what AKI did.

Curious how reversals are gonna work now too. Hopefully they aren’t so repetitive.

3 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

These are concerns for me as well. I like going straight into moves without having to grapple every time…. we can leave that in the past where it belongs. I’ve been big on that philosophy ever since I saw TNA Impact do it. I find it hard to believe that’s just gone. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that gameplay will continue to up the level of realism and not take massive steps back like trying to do what AKI did.

Curious how reversals are gonna work now too. Hopefully they aren’t so repetitive.

Yeah i also find it really hard to believe we're going back to having to lock up in a grapple position before being able to hit a move, thats just beyond dumb, thats not confirmed is it? its just speculation at this point right?

10 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah i also find it really hard to believe we're going back to having to lock up in a grapple position before being able to hit a move, thats just beyond dumb, thats not confirmed is it? its just speculation at this point right?

Yeah just speculation. All anyone has to go on is the Hitlist, and I don’t know how I felt about Big E ducking that punch because I feel like everyone is gonna have that ability. It is what it is though…CAWs are what I do at the end of the day…I’ll adapt.

4 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Just speculation based on the Hitlist video from a month or 2 ago. We know due to seeing the controls that (on Playstation) Square is "Light Attack", X is "Heavy Attack" and Circle is "Grapple". 

7 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah, there were a lot of people in the ring at one time as well, so I can see them dropping into the final 4. I know Hunter, Randy and Rey were the final 3 but I don’t remember the 4th person. Was it RVD? RVD confirmed! Lol

RVD was inducted into the Hall of Fame this past year, so I wouldn't be shocked if he signed a deal to get into the game.

I actually went just now and looked at the Rumble from '06. I could easily see it starting with MNM being eliminated. Which would give us: Carlito, Joey Mercury, Johnny Nitro, Randy Orton '06, Rey Mysterio '06, Rob Van Dam, Shawn Michaels '06, Shelton Benjamin '06, Triple H '06.

Probably not the best strategy to show "things are different" out the gate by doing the same lame shit that 2K always do by announcing that they will have an announcement later lol. That Straw guy is saying that the leak caught them off guard and forced them to move things up so maybe they need a few days to re-work embargoes or something.

So after months of silence, which already continues to be the opposite of what they promised...remember the "More and better communication" thing? they throw out a dumb meme, hype the people up...just to give them a teaser that in 3 days they will reveal something?

How are people not up in arms over this nonsense?
We are right where we were before 2k19, this blind support and excitement over nothing.

It feels like they could put out wwe2k19.5 and people would be super excited to buy it just because its new.

But being Upset is pointless i guess, after 4-5 years playing 2k19 people starve for anything new, and many creators make money with creations, many have youtube careers because of the game series.
Need to keep the ball rolling and all no matter how.
Im just Frustrated that people arent tougher on VC and 2k for how they treat the fans and the series.

Haha, sorry but i can see this being legit 100%.
Not even on the package of the game having even 1 Ingame screenshot...i can definitly believe that.

But honestly, this alleged Rey mysterio cover is pretty cool.
The coloring and all, its a cool cover if true.

I remember there being rumor that this leak emerged from a UK retailer who pressed "publish" a lot sooner than they should have.

Welp, this confirms that rumor.
Also let's give it up for the leakers who are gonna drip all the info dry between now and Thursday...gotta love it haha

blHAYTk.png

I wasn't planning on getting this game -- I haven't watched WWE in years -- but if Liger is included in the "Starrcade '96 Rey Mysterio Pack" then I'll bite. With that said, creating a "Starrcade '96 Rey Mysterio Pack" without Liger would be a very 2K thing to do, so I'm not holding my breath.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived