WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Buddy Murphy said the same as well. Can't blame them either, probably a decent paycheck.

I keep thinking that rumor about the Pre-Order bonus could be something like a celebrity that's only a manager maybe? Because that would be shitty. I have zero interest in celebs in these games but having celebs in these games as managers only would just be so half ass

I still Jam the classic SVR soundtracks, those songs even pops out of my head even if I am not thinking of any wrestling related games or shows. Those soundtracks are my childhood hahaha!

On 12/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, CROSS-Out said:

They've shown him in-game, they're not going to remove him now.

Agree, but if they showed him when the first trailer was released, there is a large percentage he will be removed. Like how it is with Raw 2 and HCTP back in the day.

Really hoping for him, Karrion Cross,  Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and other released superstars to be in this game, will definitely extract their textures and share it here for future use, specially when creating them for AEW if they have texture uploader or even for the future WWE 2K23.

I’d pop for Cardi B if they got her involved with WWE programming around that time. She’s someone I believe can fight. I pitched the idea for Metallica to curate the soundtrack, so they would be an interesting choice for DLC that people might not take to too well. I’m trying to think of who would really kill interest in the game as a preorder and I keep coming back to Logan Paul. Lol. Anything that isn’t that can’t be too bad, can it?

You know i just realized we'll most likely be getting a young Randy Orton Model from Rey's showcase, cause they gotta include Rey's feud with Orton in 2006 leading up to his world title win at WM 22. I would think it would be a lock for it since its a big part of Rey's career, and one of the most shocking losses of his career, losing his WM world title match opportunity he earned by winning the Rumble to Orton who cheated to win, then going on to WM to win his first ever world title on WM.

Hopefully its a really well done young Orton and not just the current day Orton model with spiky hair and less tattoos, hated how they always did that with Taker, using his old man face for all his past models, so lazy, did it with Kurt's model as well  used current day Kurt and just pasted on on his hair from 1999, looked so bad.

But it'll be great finally having young Orton in the game again to use for Evolution Orton in a Ruthless Aggression universe, plus we'll get Burning In my Light in the game which will be great.

yeh i was thinking WCW Rey should have a smaller model...but i fully expect there to just be one Rey body used for all eras. Even tho he's bigger now than he used to be. And from 2010-2015 he was actually pretty stocky for a time.

But i think Hunter Hearst Helmsley and super jacked HHH all had the same body. They don't really change the models

Well no Orton hasn't aged like say Undertaker has from his look in the 90's, but his face has got more wrinkles now and is more hardened, he had more of a baby face in 2006 and obviously no wrinkles

ro 2.jpg

I just hope they take the time to make the models of wrestlers from different eras look accurate to how they should look and not go the lazy route.

6 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Well no Orton hasn't aged like say Undertaker has from his look in the 90's, but his face has got more wrinkles now and is more hardened, he had more of a baby face in 2006 and obviously no wrinkles

ro 2.jpg

Yeah I wouldn’t expect young Randy to look much different, but I believe they can get rid of some wrinkles, like they did for younger Flair. Wasn’t younger Randy already in a recent game and looked fine?

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah I wouldn’t expect young Randy to look much different, but I believe they can get rid of some wrinkles, like they did for younger Flair. Wasn’t younger Randy already in a recent game and looked fine?

Yeah in 2K15 but graphics wise that was a long time ago lol, he did look good and not just a copy and paste job but i fear they may go that route in 2K22, hopefully they don't though. The very least yeah i hope they get rid of the wrinkles and make him at least not look so copy and paste.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah in 2K15 but graphics wise that was a long time ago lol, he did look good and not just a copy and paste job but i fear they may go that route in 2K22, hopefully they don't though. The very least yeah i hope they get rid of the wrinkles and make him at least not look so copy and paste.

Didn’t realize it was that long ago tbh. Thought it was more recent that we got a young Randy. Randy got more lean as he got older so if they can make a retro thicker Randy like they did in 2K15, I’m all for it. I just doubt it’s gonna go down like that, keeping in mind the sheer number of people they’ve gotta make.

24 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

If Rey’s halloween havoc attire isn’t included then what’s the point

Yeah thats gotta be included, its easily Rey's most remembered and loved match of his career. That match from WCW Halloween Havoc is guaranteed to be in the showcase, i don't see how they could leave it out.

I just pray they make his model for WCW smaller than his WWE model, cause he got bigger in WWE, he was really slim and smaller in WCW, i just hope they get that accurate. 

3 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah thats gotta be included, its easily Rey's most remembered and loved match of his career. That match from WCW Halloween Havoc is guaranteed to be in the showcase, i don't see how they could leave it out.

I just pray they make his model for WCW smaller than his WWE model, cause he got bigger in WWE, he was really slim and smaller in WCW, i just hope they get that accurate. 

Never say never, but i absolutely doubt they will do smaller model for his WCW or so days.
That is just a too specific detail i think.
But that actually makes me quite interested in a Rey showcase, seeing how detailed they make it, what it includes etc.
Never really thought about stuff like that to be honest, normally im all about details but never thought about the change of body proportions of wrestlers.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, A N T I - said:

I’d pop for Cardi B if they got her involved with WWE programming around that time. She’s someone I believe can fight. I pitched the idea for Metallica to curate the soundtrack, so they would be an interesting choice for DLC that people might not take to too well. I’m trying to think of who would really kill interest in the game as a preorder and I keep coming back to Logan Paul. Lol. Anything that isn’t that can’t be too bad, can it?

She cant

Celebrity DLC anything after the bad fantasy DLC offerings for 2K20 would not be good IMO. Just go back to what worked and what seemed like the most accepted/liked, additional wrestlers that are actually in WWE that may have missed the disc roster because they got signed late or couldn't get scanned/finished in time. GIves this game much more of a post launch pulse than Metallica or Cardi B would.

31 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Celebrity DLC anything after the bad fantasy DLC offerings for 2K20 would not be good IMO. Just go back to what worked and what seemed like the most accepted/liked, additional wrestlers that are actually in WWE that may have missed the disc roster because they got signed late or couldn't get scanned/finished in time. GIves this game much more of a post launch pulse than Metallica or Cardi B would.

You’re not wrong; I’m just willing to compromise a little more than you on the matter. In an ideal world, CM Punk would’ve been the preorder. Then I pitched Cardi B as a celebrity ON TOP OF having CM Punk, because it would turn heads and reach that demographic of “What? I haven’t played those games in years!” whether they eventually buy the game or not. I, then, pitched Metallica to curate the soundtrack because the people have spoken and they miss the mostly hard rock/metal soundtracks these games provided. I think those three elements altogether were a hell of a package. Who can you possibly think of that would’ve been a bigger and better preorder this coming year than CM Punk? Seriously, tell me someone better to be the preorder. Give them an idea. It’s probably gonna be a celebrity this year because we’re talking about a WWE game and there just isn’t anyone left to be the preorder, so if it’s a celebrity or nothing, I’d opt for the celebrity. 

It isn’t about what “worked in the past” because nothing has really worked with getting back the demographic of people not in our bubble who know these games have sucked ever since 2K took over and are vocal about it whenever the game is brought up, even on G4 which WWE is involved with now. If I could have one thing I pitched, it’s for all the pre-Hogan champions to be in the game. Doubt they did that and I’m already bummed about it because I don’t expect them to do anything that awesome. I wasnt just throwing out celebrity names the whole time. But is Cardi or Bad Bunny or whoever it is best for business? Probably, because one, there are no wrestlers left that the masses would care about preordering for, and two, there’s people like us who are in the bubble and are probably gonna buy the game no matter what….meanwhile theres a much, much larger untapped marketplace that they can reach with the right celebrity. I thought Cardi’s star was starting to fade, meanwhile she had three records go Diamond. What do I know? What do any of us know? Lol

'people like us who are in the bubble and are probably gonna buy the game no matter what'

Not me! I'm not making the same stupid mistakes. Will depend on how they sell the game to me. IMPRESS ME! DELIGHT ME! EXCITE ME! If they don't do all 3 of those? No sale.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived