WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

I remember RB was adamant about a bent-over position being cool for these games and it was like the one thing I couldn’t imagine being fun. It feels like gut kicks should definitely set up something like that but what kind of moves could we hit from that position? And what’s stopping one’s opponents from spamming gut kicks and bending you over to do god knows what? The Big Wiggle taunt. Lol

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m gonna be disappointed if you need to lock up with someone to do a Strong Grapple.

It’s perfect in 2K19 where Medium and Strong Grapples have their own lunge animations and they simply go for the move. I don’t want it be like No Mercy where you’re gonna Chokeslam someone “BUT FIRST LET ME TOUCH YOUR SHOULDERS!” It’s also extremely easy to reverse the same tired lock up animation over and over again especially with unlimited reversals if that’s what we’re forced into in 2K22.

Yeah still gonna have to request ATLEAST remappable face buttons....that shit don't fly with me. If you're gonna try to attempt some pseudo Platinum Games/Arkham play scheme, then A,Y, and B are gonna have to be switched; doesn't work for me brother.  Hopefully on Steam we can get that controller profile menu (Like Tales of Arise, or American Truck simulator).

Guys. At least try the new controls before acting like it's the end of the world. There was no way they were going to stay the same no matter what anyway if they ever wanted to add new features.

The 2K19 controls were great, familiar, and could be built upon easily. Meanwhile someone was having a hard time understanding why people weren’t taking to the 2K20 control scheme, and this is gonna be even more complex. Lol. I welcome the change, though. Still just curious about dodge and how realistic or unrealistic that’s gonna look for pro wrestling gameplay. I never see anyone dodge a punch in wrestling the way Big E did in that trailer. Looked like Fight Night. But if it means you don’t waste a reversal….

27 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

The 2K19 controls were great, familiar, and could be built upon easily. Meanwhile someone was having a hard time understanding why people weren’t taking to the 2K20 control scheme, and this is gonna be even more complex. Lol. I welcome the change, though. Still just curious about dodge and how realistic or unrealistic that’s gonna look for pro wrestling gameplay. I never see anyone dodge a punch in wrestling the way Big E did in that trailer. Looked like Fight Night. But if it means you don’t waste a reversal….

I've seen wrestlers dodge punches by dunking under them, Big E did it at one point when he faced Reigns at Survivor Series. I think it will make for some cool transitions into a move, say you dunk under one then hit a Rock Bottom.

6 hours ago, A N T I - said:

haazICF.gif

this is the closest i could find

22 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

haazICF.gif

this is the closest i could find

I mean it’s interesting and definitely something that happens in combat sports, so I commend them for adding it. I just don’t know if I’m gonna feel the same way if everyone has the same dodge or reversal animations and once I see them again and again, y’know? I’ve now been given 2 examples of Big E dodging strikes by sort of bobbing and weaving, so for him it makes sense. Will Andre do the same thing?

I just don’t want that sort of bobbing and weaving animation to quickly wear out it’s welcome by everyone having it, kinda like the fireman’s carry takedown that someone like an Andre shouldn’t be doing. If they’ve got character-specific reversals/dodge animations and more stuff that really differs from character to character, now we’re talking. 

I'm definitely intrigued at the new controls. But I definitely don't want to have to lock up for every grapple. I feel like some medium and heavy should be more natural like in 2k19. Other than that I don't care to have it in some degree. Also how the hell are we going to irish whip?

3 hours ago, Bdon said:

I'm definitely intrigued at the new controls. But I definitely don't want to have to lock up for every grapple. I feel like some medium and heavy should be more natural like in 2k19. Other than that I don't care to have it in some degree. Also how the hell are we going to irish whip?

well i would assume like No Mercy, if we have to lock up to grapple as u said

We will need to wait and see on the dodge feature.
You get a dodge and a reversal button and a block, so who knows how this plays a role.
I do like the idea but since the footage we saw seems to indicate that we lose the reversal counter...i fear the idea wont work as well.

I was thinking that a dodge costs stamina, while the reversal costs...well a reversal.
That way you could add some tactical depth to the game, if players want to save their stamina or reversal for later in the match.

Would definitly suck if the dodge would always look the same and all...but we find out sooner or later.

Pipedream # 19:

I'd love different reversals and pin moves/animations based on the Weight classes..

The cruiserweights have so many damn Great looking pin moves than the Heavyweights..

Also we're in dire need of some new pin moves.. 

The Rock Bottom has badly needed a pin combo for years now, it always looks so awkward hitting it, standing up, then going back down for the pin. The Stunner has  a pin combo, The Pedigree has a pin combo, The Tombstone has  a pin combo, why has The Rock Bottom yet to get one? Its by far the one move that looks the most awkward without a pin combo.

Hopefully we get a few animations for it, even if they are fairly generic. Hoping we can at least get one animation per starting class so that someone like Andre the Giant doesn't dodge and block like he's Rey Mysterio. Then maybe after this game gets its footing back, we can hopefully expand from there and get more and more unique animations for that as the games continue forward.

I was gonna pitch something like 3 years ago called the Andre Project. Andre should have his own stance, his own walk, his own way of selling strikes, instead of being against the ropes normally, he should get his arms stuck between the top and middle rope, really just making it feel like you’re really facing Andre, down to his own reversal style where he rarely, if ever, leaves his feet….certainly not to do something out of character like a headlock takeover or a fireman’s carry takedown….nor should he duck a punch like a skilled boxer….and if that worked for him, we could branch it out and use such personalization for other superstars. I mean Andre should even leave his feet a certain way…hell, it should take moving heaven and earth to even get him off his feet. And if they can do with him, there are plenty of others who should have unique reversal styles and selling styles and walking styles. Let’s bring those aspects of gameplay back. Maybe they did to a degree, who knows? They were on their way to something like that with Yuke’s, but Andre never felt like Andre, Rock and Austin never felt like Rock and Austin. There was so much customization needed that wasn’t there.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived